Thread: Going to attempt to get funding for a new skate game. not skate 4.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have the XNA developer kit. I dicked around with it for about a year, and ended up with a few side scrolling test levels. Nothing at all worth anything. Basically spent time reverse-engineering templates. It was more of a learning process. Fun though. I am still waiting for Magic to send me fighting poses of himself so I can attempt making a fighting game...

There MUST be a skate game for PC. I am not sure what open-source developer software is best, but I know there is a ton of free shit out there. At the very least, some of us could pool our resources and make a room with a fun box and a skater that moves around. If we made it that far, we'd have a better understanding of what it would take to continue pursuing it.

If a forum community can develop a fully functioning 3d printer http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page, one can make a skateboarding game. Fuck anyone who thinks it's not possible.

I also have some contacts in app development. I'll poke around.
    Last edited by BladderBoy; 01-24-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

XBL
    TheDietTea

I've done some things with sidescrolling mostly 8-16bit pixels, nothing astonishing.
    Even then the program I used wasn't standard html or anything, it had it's own code language.
    I'd be down to lend skills for some kind of sidescrolling skating game, side project anyone?
    I'd be a bit rusty but I could start making character templates and Level turfs again.

As for the next skate game..
    I'm not sure man. I've never done any professional artwork nor have I ever polished my artwork.
    If people start getting into it I'll contribute what I can though.
    Hopefully napkin drawings are an ok basis for ideas haha
    I think I could successfully maintain an idea guy position for this project

i want to help but i cant do anything this need. I dont know the first thing about coding. i dont draw i cant really help
    so I guess I play the roll as the Fan
    5150-back2Basics-meth monsters