Thread: SPOILER Bones Brigade Documentery

Default SPOILER Bones Brigade Documentery

So last night me and about 10 other of my old skater friends came together in my shop and projected it onto a makeshift screen about 8' wide. We were all going to go to the premiere here in St. Louis at a local smaller theater but it was $13 and we couldn't drink and whatnot. One guy had a projector one guy bought the movie and I had the space.

It was great, I think its a must watch for anyone interested in arguably the most influential group of guys in skateboarding.
    Watching it really brought in my perspective and time which me and my friends came into the scene. It was obviously the old parks closing moving things to the backyard ramp age. Still my favorite form of skating, no competition, be who you are, encouraging, family group environment.
    It also proved to me that my feelings that DP and Lance Mountain have always been my 2 favorite skaters. So very different but both so rad in their own way.
    Not sure why Ben Harper and Fred Durst were in it, would of much rather seen them replaced with Neil Blender or Natas or Ray Barby or a slew of other dudes but whatever. I didn't really want it to end. It is sooo good

seen it? what do you think?
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

is there anywhere you know of online to check it out SG?

its on Itunes for like $16 or so

I'm sure if it aint bootlegged yet it will be soon
    Helen Adams Keller

If it's got Lance and Ray I don't see how I can say no.

Will definitely check it out soon.

there was only one clip from Ray from Ban This I think unfortunately. But it had the lead singer from limp bizkit?????? My only complaint
    Ray is the man and hes cool to listen too, big mistake I think. It was more about the Fab 5 Lance, Hawk, Mullen, Cab, Mcgill with a little Tommy Guerrero
    Helen Adams Keller

honestly? i hated it.

i wanted to like it, i too, grew up with them dudes.

but now, with stacys ever crappier "films" is just crubled into a random collection of grown men sobbing on demand. it felt weird looking at them, one by one being told to get in touch with their feeeeeelingz. fuck feelings, fuck stacy, fuck bones brigade.

seeing cabs crocked neck at age zero made me grin tho. and mullens abusive father. lol.

I got into skateboarding at the same time..I cant even tell you how many times I watched Public Domain, Ban This, and Animal Chin; at the video store practically every week, renting those same videos over and over. The Bones Brigade era was a huge part of my skateboarding experience.

But Fred fucking Durst? wtf? As soon as I heard he was in it, I lost all desire to see the film. Im sure Ill watch it at some point, but Im definitely not going to pay 16 dollars to see a documentary.

same here,i used to get so pissed at the video store if it was rented out.Animal Chin was the first vid i ever saw,and it was brand new then.
    good ol' days...

I'm sure my overwhelming approval has a lot to do with the setting in which I saw it. Me and my buds laughing at Lance Mountain like we did 20 something years ago. And Duanne Peters going off on Tony was hilarious. Had a bunch of friends that went to the St. Louis screening and they said they all boo'd at Fred Dirst every time he came on. I still think I would of liked it alone tho. And I heard about all the crying before hand so it was actually less than I expected. I know me and my friends molded ourselves somewhat to what we saw all them guys do on our overplayed VHS tapes.
    Helen Adams Keller

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

I have tickets to see it the 7th and 8th in Winston Salem, NC at a small theater it's being shown at.
    Tickets were only $7 each so not a big loss. Going with a small group of friends (a few I used to skate
    with.) and I am very much looking forward to it. I'll prob grab the blu-ray over the holiday sometime
    just to have it at the very least.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Rented it through ITunes. Was a good watch, enjoyed it all, was nice to see at least a few Mullen clips I hadn't seen before.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Got to see it yesterday afternoon at SECCA (Southeaster Center for Contemporary Arts) in Winston Salem, NC.
    There was 13 of us in the theater and from what I was told the Friday showing was sold out. I was happy that
    the theater had seriously comfy seats, had artsy people giving us small dialogues about the film prior, and I was
    able to buy beer and popcorn to enjoy with the flick.

As for the film itself I was absolutely enthralled. I identified with it pretty massively and it was cool to see other
    people in the theater showing the same respect. It absolutely did not feel like 2hrs at all and was waiting/wanting
    more. The parts with Fred Durst, Ben Harper, and DJ Whoever he was I could have done without. It would have
    been nice to have stronger or more parts for other Brigade members. However, the presentation of those they
    showcased I thought was done very well. It was awesome to see a friend of mine who absolutely knows dick
    about skateboarding become a fan of Rodney Mullen and Lance Mountain simply because he could respected their
    views on skating and the passion they showed for it.

I'm glad I got to see it on the big screen. Now to pick up the Blu-Ray.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

this documentary just reaffirmed to me why Lance Mountain has always been one of my favorites.

sorry for the double post,but i figured i'd let anybody that wants to see this know that it's now on netflix.
    worth checking out.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    sorry for the double post,but i figured i'd let anybody that wants to see this know that it's now on netflix.
    worth checking out.
    Instant Queue?

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!