Thread: Fluckit State of the Union

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

that was about as clear cut as you can get,SG.
    never change fluckit

Spoken like a gentleman B

just to expand a little on the video comments...
    i've been here for a couple of years now and i still try to watch new vids when i see them posted,no matter who it is,because i love the sport and the game.
    i try to leave some sort of comment for the most part with the thought that if somebody's gonna go through the effort to entertain me,it's not killing me to acknowledge them in some way.
    but sometimes it feels like there's only so many "hey,sick vid" comments you can leave,genuine or not,before it just sounds like a cookie cutter response.

It upsets me...

You mentioned that older guys don't step into the footage thread unless they see someone they know.
    I may not have been on fluckit as much as some of these guys but I have been around. Watching videos of different members. I've seen as you say just about every trick that can be done. Still though the first thing I do when I jump on the thread is check the footage section. I watch videos not for the tricks maybe....just for the fact that someone took the time out of there days to film and edit an sometimes it's the most amazing thing ever...sometimes it's not. I just wished that e very one would watch these people's videos. Most of these new guys have vids tht are 2-5 minutes long. That's not much time. I'm just saying.....I understand though what your saying.
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'm perfecting sloppiness!

unfortunately or not, heads have to pay their dues. most of us old heads have put out numerous numerous videos, people don't see them all, but after this long we know who has videos and style we like. if we see peoples names enough, and with good comments and good hearsay about their vids, then i watch them. i dont feel like watching the amount of videos i used to because i don't want to waste time on all filler or poorly edited or just bad videos.

i let the community filter it, all the youngins tryin to get known can help each other out. when the real heads stick out, i watch.

XBL
    Stokenstein

It really depends on the mood I'm in. Sometimes I check people's footage, sometimes I don't. Of course I always check the footage from friends and myself and show support. It doesn't have anything to do with thinking I won't see anything impressive, because people still do impressive shit.

I have a kid, a wife, two businesses, an addiction to bbq, pizza, and beer, a fantasy football league I'm in the super bowl in, and not much free time and to be honest, it sucks that some people think we need to take time out of our day and watch every video posted and comment on it otherwise they feel offended. It's not that I don't like you or don't care about what you do, it's just that I have other priorities and if I come here even at all as of late I don't want to feel obligations, I want to do my own thing and relax.

Get it? Good. That's how everyone I know here is, for the most part. Hang around by all means, Fluckit has never been a club so you're always welcome, but don't expect anything because you're going to get what you get out of the site and nothing more.
    Last edited by Stokenstein; 12-17-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post

people, watch and fucking comment
    What he said. Hopefully he doesn't get mad at me for using his quote....
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'm perfecting sloppiness!