Thread: Modding for Skate. Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

once it gets modded, there will be no control over what nods happen. i guarantee most of the mods would not be from people who love skating and the Skate. community. Im happy with the game we have.

if it got modded, then i would ONLY watch Hoodlum, DP, and a few other peoples vids. what if they modded so you stayed in true switch, or you always pop as high as possible? i dont like to watch videos of virtual skaters, i like to watch videos of things people have done in a video game i love

popping high would be just like playing on easy. No difference. And its actually harder to pop low.

Most mod would be from people who love the game. Just like mod makers for other games love their game. Making mods takes hours of work. Someone who wasnt dedicated to game, wouldnt take the time to create a mod. Even if someone created a cheat mod, they still likely really enjoy the game. Everyone should enjoy the game they want to. You dont have to agree with it. Just like I think those kids who brag about being the "top ranked" fake skate team. I think its stupid and couldnt care less but they still have their fun in their own little world.

And there is no mod that can take away the creativity of a good trick.

i meant regarding a switch 360 over a gap or something. as far as popping height at all, from the viewers point you would never know if the game was "told" to pop whatever height by the player or by a mod

as far as trick selection, if i decide what trick and whatever variations and spot and i tell the game how to do it for me, thats not fun to watch. i dont want that grey area in somethiing as pure as Skate.

Well, differences of opinion and thats that.

I feel the trainers would not be a huge community epidemic at all. The type of person to cheat at the game is a far different gamer than the person who would bother to skate realistic in the first place, and bother to make a skate video. Plus there is no mod in the world that can help you with filming. Your either good at it or not.

The unlimited expansion of modding outweighs the litte problem of some cheaters that may pop up.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post

I feel the trainers would not be a huge community epidemic at all. The type of person to cheat at the game is a far different gamer than the person who would bother to skate realistic in the first place, and bother to make a skate video. Plus there is no mod in the world that can help you with filming. Your either good at it or not.

The unlimited expansion of modding outweighs the litte problem of some cheaters that may pop up.
    This, and from any experience with any other game, as was said before, I believe, it's OBVIOUS when people use mods, I have yet to see one that convinces me otherwise.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Can I Kick It?
    Steam
    MacksHeadroom
    XBL
    MacksHeadroom

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post

I just want to mod clothes. Does anyone actually believe that someone with the ability to mod skate is going to waste there time trying to get E-fame out of it. Is someone really that much of a douche. Plus we have played this game for so long that we would obviously see the mod and call them out for it if they are trying to act like its real.

I just want Option 2 custom tees damnit.

Banned

a mod for CAP would be awsome. like unlimited terrain

XBL
    x1mmortal

Quote Originally Posted by iM DoNe View Post
    a mod for CAP would be awsome. like unlimited terrain
    That would be impossible, it would be sick, but not possible. However I don't doubt some tech-wizard would be able to make it so you can build a very large space compared to what we have, it would just take up a lot more data. You'd probably have to fuck with your XBOX or PS3 in some sort of way, and people that would download them would need to do that too.

XBL
    x1mmortal

On the topic of modding, imagine the graphic mods? The world might actually look good, and characters would look far more detailed, which would help out filmers.

Quote Originally Posted by MackBoogie View Post
    I just want Option 2 custom tees damnit.
    this.

Old san van map in S3..
    Thank you.