Thread: Modding for Skate. Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Lightbulb Modding for Skate. Games

So I've seen a few mods for trivial things like unlimited money and such, but I haven't seen anything actually interesting.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any mods for ANY of the skate games. If not, do you or anyone you know have the ability to mod these games?

I mean, just think about the possibilities of tweaking physics and such....
    Last edited by Fecal Face; 12-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

the only thing i dislike abbout the possibility of modding Skate, games (also why I'm against Skate. PC games) is the "what if someone makes tricks the push of a button" to where you don't know if the tricks you see were earned or not.

physics mods would be sick, but i love Skate. as a world we all live in and when you see footage from it you know the physics the skater had to deal with.

Skate. is sacred.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    makes tricks the push of a button" to where you don't know if the tricks you see were earned or not.
    what are we, playing for points and own the spot? Like I give a shit if someone want to deprive themselves of the amazing flick controls

i meant i dont want the game to be fucked with. i want everything i see of the game in video to have been played. when you open up modding and code then people can abuse and program what they want into the original game...

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    i meant i dont want the game to be fucked with. i want everything i see of the game in video to have been played. when you open up modding and code then people can abuse and program what they want into the original game...
    again, who gives a crap what people do with their game. no one would force you to mod it. I understand there are a lot of stupid fucking mods out there for some games.

look at the top mods for fallout new vegas right now tho, they are pretty cool.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/

new face texture to make the dude more ugly, new weapons, new animals, a quest mod that adds hours of gameplay. There are thousands of mods. All free.
    Mods are bloody amazing. There are stupid mods too for these games. Armour that makes female characters wear next to nothing and have bigger boobs. I dont download those. Not that Im against boobs, but it ruins the grit and atmosphere of the game.

if modding became commonplace, how would you know if people were actually doing tricks in their videos? i know modding doesnt mean people will be fraudulently doing tricks more easily, it IS a concern of mine. i dont want there to be an "i don't know" area...as in i dont know if he actually did that trick or programmed it in....would you play tiger against people that were modding? Skate. is a community and i dont want imposters

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

I was mainly thinking of a hardcore mode for the first two Skate. games. I feel like that would be rad. Anything else would be hard as fuck to do.

But if it got really crazy we could make an option 2 for custom shirts, add hair for beanies, shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!