Thread: Freedumb - PCU:L

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN
    Matthew_Slayer

What ever you do, don't stretch footy. It looks whack. Kind of sketchy databending art.

You can either go two ways really:

Standard Definition 4:3 (SD is the shit madafakas! hahah)
    What I'd suggest is to to imagine filming in 4:3, so that when you're setting your cameras on your console, imagine that some of the left and some of the right side is gonna get cut off in Vegas. To do so, when cropping, just select "4:3" from the menu on top and slide the frame slightly to the right (otherwise if it's in dead center, it'll still show a part of the "Show" button), and you should be fine.

I have been cropping my footy always, even though not for the same reasons you should be doing, but to get rid of the crappy vig without loosing the fisheye roundness look on obstacles when filming 18-19mm in game.

OR

Anamorphic 2.39:1 (or sometimes rounded up to 2.40:1 // cinematic ratio)
    Same with the 4:3. Crop and slide the frame to get the "Show" button out of range.

Best possible way would probably be do an edit only using only one of these ratios, to avoid having letterboxing effect (letterbox is what you get when you watch for example my solo #2, because my montage is in 4:3, but the Youtube embedded code in this forum system is in 16:9, thus making black bars appear on the sides).

On the other hand, since collab videos are mostly made in 16:9, i guess you'll just have to deal with it that it's gonna have that Show button in it, because stretching the image makes everything look just too distorted in my opinion.

In Vegas, both Project Settings AND Rendering Settings should be the same:
    - width in pixels // sample: 640px for 4:3
    - height in pixels // sample: 480px for 4:3
    - pixel aspect ratio: 1.0000 (Square)
    - Framerate: i see skate game footage comes in NTSC format, so 29.970
    - Field order: None (progressive scan) // cause FLV footage is progressive
    - De-interlace method: None // again, cause FLV footage is progressive
    Last edited by Groove; 01-18-2013 at 02:49 PM.