Thread: What are you reading?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Master

I finished reading 'The Book of Five Rings' (similar to Hagakure, the Bushido and such, japanese philosophy and swordmanship stuff).
    Now I'd like to get off amazon 'The Playboy interviews: Directors' (Interviews of Eastwood, Bergman, Cohen bros and more film directors). I hope I don't have any issues with local customs by ordering a book abroads :/

silmarillion. I have never read tolkien before, so I thought I'd start with the actual first one.
    I'm not a big reader actually, the last thing I read that amused me were the walking dead comics.. and before that I only read if I had to for school..

XBL
    crni1976

Currently finishing up rereading After Dark, by my favourite author Haruki Murakami. Another Japanese author, new to me, is up next...

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Reading two books at the moment, one for University and one for enjoyment, but both have been enjoyable.

found this book to be a real page turner
    5150-back2Basics-meth monsters

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

I'm currently reading the profiles of my matches for blackpeoplemeet.com I'm really sick and tired of being single.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

I recently finished high school and have had time to lapse into reading again like i used to.
    recent ones have been

-crime and punishment
    -l'etranger
    - of mice and men
    - to the lighthouse
    - romeo and juliet
    - notes from the undeground
    - been working on some ts eliot stuff in preparation for university
    - emily dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    silmarillion. I have never read tolkien before, so I thought I'd start with the actual first one.
    I'm not a big reader actually, the last thing I read that amused me were the walking dead comics.. and before that I only read if I had to for school..
    I love tolkien, but the silmarillion is mind-numbingly boring. Like reading a god damn history text book. Still worth reading though

I actually just finished the hobbit again. Next on the list is Catch-22
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba12 View Post
    I love tolkien, but the silmarillion is mind-numbingly boring. Like reading a god damn history text book. Still worth reading though

I actually just finished the hobbit again. Next on the list is Catch-22
    I like history text books haha, When I read a story I wanna know aaaall the history behind it

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    I like history text books haha, When I read a story I wanna know aaaall the history behind it
    EXCACTLY...my name should be Stevie 2 tho

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    EXCACTLY...my name should be Stevie 2 tho
    haha I'm waiting on your clips Stevie 2!

XBL
    crni1976

Quote Originally Posted by mamba12 View Post
    Next on the list is Catch-22
    It's supposedly a classic. I read it, but couldn't quite get into it at the time. I should reread it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by crni1976 View Post
    It's supposedly a classic. I read it, but couldn't quite get into it at the time. I should reread it sometime.
    I don't have much time to read so the time i do have, i try to read "the classics". 1984, Brave New World, the Sound and the Fury, and Catcher in the Rye were some of the ones i read last year.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Besides Transworld and other skate-related stuff (Mullen's autobiography, Impossible, The evolution of the deck, etc) and whatever the fuck I'm reading for class, I tend to split my reading between the bathroom and the rest of my life lol.
    here are my 3 currents:

Toilet:

Encounters - My school's bi-quarterly literature publication. Poems, short stories, and plenty of great photos. Perfect for me to pick up & put down at nature's whim.

Everywhere Else:

A great book championing for the acceptance and celebration of natural hair among African Americans (most black people hate their hair)
    &

A crumby book on networking. Cuz I'm great at meeting people, but I'm terrible at doing so with a goal in mind....either I like you or I don't, and I don't really ask for favors...but I intend to write for magazines, so I need to work on my Rolodex in that industry :/
    Last edited by Legba; 02-02-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

PSN
    sk8tatter or Wizard__Beared

Most people aren't ready for this book,but its a very good and informed read,its even on youtube voiced by the author if you hate reading

GORILLA KULT PSN is sk8tatter and Wizard__Beard add me if you are not a lame