Thread: What are you reading?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    crni1976

On with the next one.. .

I've read these book numerous times. I'm halfway through the last book and can safely say that they do not lose their appeal over time. I think it helps I was a big fan of the TV series, so I visualize the book using the TV show as reference and for me it really brings it all to life. If like comedy Sci-Fi I would highly recommend these books.

XBL
    crni1976

I bought the complete Red Dwarf series on DVD not that long ago, boosted by the rave reviews the series still get today. Having watched a couple of episodes, I haven't been able yet to get into it myself though. Maybe because one of the main actors puts me off, or maybe I just need to stick with it a bit longer...

Quote Originally Posted by crni1976 View Post
    I bought the complete Red Dwarf series on DVD not that long ago, boosted by the rave reviews the series still get today. Having watched a couple of episodes, I haven't been able yet to get into it myself though. Maybe because one of the main actors puts me off, or maybe I just need to stick with it a bit longer...
    The Red Dwarf TV show, is a strange entity, its comedy sci fi by but doesn't lean one way or the others, it mixes both equally. the first season takes a while to get into. I hope you stick with it and enjoy it, as IMO it get just kept getting better.

In relation to the books, although they have elements from the TV show and the characters, they are very different.

XBL
    crni1976

The Devil All The Time, by Donald Ray Pollock

A dark and riveting vision of America from the award-winning author of Knockemstiff. For fans of No Country for Old Men and Natural Born Killers.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

im gonna wait until ocean full of bowling balls is out in 50 years or so

XBL
    crni1976

I Pass Like Night, by Jonathan Ames

When Alexander Vine finishes his work day, he leaves his post as a doorman at Manhattan's exclusive Four Seasons restaurant -- and enters a nighttime landscape of chance and danger, excitement and reinvention in the city's erotic underworld. Walking a tightrope between sexual desire and self-extinction, Alexander Vine charts his destructive course -- and his struggle for redemption -- with startling, unadorned clarity.