Thread: What are you reading?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mamba12 View Post
    and

Gotta finish 2 and start 3 before the new season starts!
    Nice, yeah I just finished the second one, gonna watch season 3 before I read the third book though. I think I prefer watching first then reading.

That's how i've done it so far, but i can tell you i was quite lost for the first few episodes. Just so many characters. But i think we've been introduced to most of the characters on the show at this point, so it shouldn't be too hard to follow season three.

Also, without getting too off topic, book 3 will be split into two separate seasons. And i do believe i read that the chronology of the book will be shifted around to make the show more sensible. So maybe you have the right idea.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

XBL
    crni1976

Quote Originally Posted by mamba12 View Post
    That's how i've done it so far, but i can tell you i was quite lost for the first few episodes. Just so many characters. But i think we've been introduced to most of the characters on the show at this point, so it shouldn't be too hard to follow season three.

Also, without getting too off topic, book 3 will be split into two separate seasons. And i do believe i read that the chronology of the book will be shifted around to make the show more sensible. So maybe you have the right idea.
    Would you say you really have to be into fantasy to enjoy these works? I read good reviews about the series (especially the books) but for some reason it still puts me off, being pretty much a fantasy illiterate (not considering Tolkien though).. .

Quote Originally Posted by crni1976 View Post
    Would you say you really have to be into fantasy to enjoy these works? I read good reviews about the series (especially the books) but for some reason it still puts me off, being pretty much a fantasy illiterate (not considering Tolkien though).. .
    Definitely not, there's no elves or orcs, but i guess Dragons kinda count.

Taken from wikipedia

"Drawing inspiration from historical events such as the English period of the Wars of the Roses, Martin defied the conventions of the high fantasy genre. The series received praise for its realism; it subdues magic in favor of battles and political intrigue. The first novel contains practically no magic at all, yet the presence of magic keeps growing for each book."
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.