Thread: Speaking of skating in real life...

Default Speaking of skating in real life...

A good friend of mine and myself are in the process of launching a new site for our home town. Now, I haven't found many skate-forums out there. I was fortunate enough to find skatefluckit and all you rad people along with it.

So we thought back and forth, and decided to change that. Since we are also in the midst of getting one of the largest public skate parks built in our town, we found it fitting to have a site dedicated to our scene. (We have one for the import culture, but not skateboarding--until now)

So if you will, the site is open to everyone. We would appreciate any feed back and suggestions you good folks over here could shoot our way. And have fun with it, it is a dedicated skateboarding site afterall.

No, I am not trying to "steal" anyone. Not that I even could-but we can form an alliance and collaborate efforts! Much like the video collab we have now.

enough talk, check us out! Register and introduce yourself if you'd like to be apart of a new and growing community!

www.houston-skateboarding.com

**mods if this is against the rules, I apologize. You may lock the thread in that case.

neat simplistic design of the site, i like it

My only suggestion would be to change the logo into something that actually looks like it wasn't made in Powerpoint. And skip the italics and exclamation mark on the slogan.
    With that said, I applaud the effort. This is the kind of stuff that really makes me proud as a skateboarder, people willing to put some time and effort into making the scene thrive. Good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    neat simplistic design of the site, i like it
    Thank you sir! Just trying to keep it clean and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    My only suggestion would be to change the logo into something that actually looks like it wasn't made in Powerpoint. And skip the italics and exclamation mark on the slogan.
    With that said, I applaud the effort. This is the kind of stuff that really makes me proud as a skateboarder, people willing to put some time and effort into making the scene thrive. Good work!
    Yea the header at the home page is just temporary. I may just use the one created for the forum as well. What do you think? And thanks, yea without people doing what they can to help out-the scene will slowly grow stagnant (it did once, in houston, and its steadily on the rise again)