Thread: Skate 4 Kickstarter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seeing the Light

I really really doubt that this could work, even a bit.

A big company like EA wouldn't let people get the funds for them, it would be crazy for them in terms of commercial image. I think that even an online and worldwide petition would work better (though it wouldn't work anyway since EA seems to reffer only to the sales games make...).

And I'm also not sure that you can run a kickstarter project without EA involved in the project. For exemple, there are way more fans of Shenmue than fans of our skate game, and they're unable to launch a kickstarter project because of SEGA.

Sorry if my english is a bit hard to read when it comes to development of ideas

i heard soulex still roam the deserts on afghanistan

just look at any "we want skate 4" type thread and you'll see a cluster fuck of "longboards,bmx,i want my board to break,can i pick my bearings,will p-rod blow me" ideas.
    and god forbid you don't put in somebody's suggestion...e-rage for days

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

I don't think I trust anybody from this website enough to contribute the amount of money needed to legitimately fund a kickstarter. I mean for this to legitimately work we'd probably need at the very minimum thousand of dollars, and as much as I support and want a new skate game, I can't see it happening from here.

On that note though, I think it would be cool if there was a random board break that happened after like every certain hours of gameplay or something, and occassionally at random, even if it was just an animation and your board regenerated it would be cool I think.

Blazing a Trail

kickstarter is an interesting system for people or groups of people who have a project in mind AND skills to make it happen.

Just forget about it already

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    "will p-rod blow me"
    10/10 ign game of the year

PSN
    Dzyne9
    XBL
    Fear_the_Cupcake

There was a game called star wars galaxies. sony online ran it. was a huge mmorpg. they shut down the servers about a few months back.

more importantly, the reason the game declined was that earlier they nerfed alot of the indepth mechamics that made the game complicated and dumbed it down.
    a group of people decided they wanted the old game back, so even bfore they shut the severs down they started working on ripping the code and re creating the old game. now the old game is up and running as an swg emulater. no intrusion from sony. this was done by people coding for free using the games models in a slightly altered state and the same basic code. however since it is not the code verbatem, i think that is how they get away with it.

what im saying is, you could for instance use the aspects of the code and game elements, but expand on them and tweak them to your liking. do things like add terrain limits and new items in cap, remove elements you think are useless and replace them with more useful ones. no use reinventing the wheel.

im not a lawyer, i dont know how it all works. but as far as i understand, if you dont call it skate 4 and try to make money off it, then its probably do able. people make games all the time that run off another games engine. so a dlc type game that ran off skate 4 and was free for download.....

In a constant state of being pulled down to HELL!!!
    Steam
    Captain Dionysus
    PSN
    Never
    XBL
    Mark Murderous
    Wii
    Why? Is there a Skate It Community?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzyne9 View Post
    There was a game called star wars galaxies. sony online ran it. was a huge mmorpg. they shut down the servers about a few months back.

more importantly, the reason the game declined was that earlier they nerfed alot of the indepth mechamics that made the game complicated and dumbed it down.
    a group of people decided they wanted the old game back, so even bfore they shut the severs down they started working on ripping the code and re creating the old game. now the old game is up and running as an swg emulater. no intrusion from sony. this was done by people coding for free using the games models in a slightly altered state and the same basic code. however since it is not the code verbatem, i think that is how they get away with it.

what im saying is, you could for instance use the aspects of the code and game elements, but expand on them and tweak them to your liking. do things like add terrain limits and new items in cap, remove elements you think are useless and replace them with more useful ones. no use reinventing the wheel.

im not a lawyer, i dont know how it all works. but as far as i understand, if you dont call it skate 4 and try to make money off it, then its probably do able. people make games all the time that run off another games engine. so a dlc type game that ran off skate 4 and was free for download.....

but can you rip code from a pure console game that never had a pc release?

PSN
    Dzyne9
    XBL
    Fear_the_Cupcake

not sure but it does have a game disc that contains all the data. im no programmer or what not, but im sure there is a way to view that data. if they can burn it on to a cd with a computer, you can retrieve it with one. its not like they build a game on the console itself, everything is ported over from a desktop/server.