Thread: What do you think of my filming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

yea either realistic or not. this is both

Thanks to both of you, this will help me a-lot. So if I understand correctly, either follow the skater the whole line or stay stationary in the same spot for the line/trick.

looking for a team, pm me!

Quote Originally Posted by adecoco View Post
    Thanks to both of you, this will help me a-lot. So if I understand correctly, either follow the skater the whole line or stay stationary in the same spot for the line/trick.
    not exactly.

in a line it's hard to stay stationary and still having a good look at what happens. you need to follow the skater to a certain degree. the difference is in the way the camera moves.

in realistic filming, the motion of the camera is restricted to what is possible in real life. if your skater is followed by the camera man on a skateboard himself, vertical movement is only possible to a certain degree, so no going down stairs etc. single tricks like on hand rails are mostly filmed from a stationary position etc, just like you would see it in a real life skateboard video. lines ending with a gap result in the camera coming to a halt at the edge of the gap, like you did on the manual pad in the clip above.

in unrealistic filming you can do whatever you want. fly around with the cam to your heart's content. going down or up stuff, everything is possible.

in your clip you had a super realistic touch by stopping the camera at the last trick while having an unrealistic approach for the rest of the line with the cam flying down the stairs. this mix up doesn't work.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Okay, so if I start a line with a trick down a set of stairs have the footage start at the bottom of the stairs before following and if there is a cap across something at the end have the camera stop.

looking for a team, pm me!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Just learn to film how you skate.
    If you skate unrealistic film unrealistic. If you skate realistic film realistic.
    I happen to skate both ways.
    Started a tutorials thread, link in my signature. Maybe it will help, if not post up.
    Tell me what you need to know and I'll get to it later today.
    Keep at it, It comes in time.
    The only thing I would say work on and I haven't even looked at your footage yet
    Angles.
    Angles are everything if you ask me, just don't film to far off
    Find that perfect angle, bam!

it's a video game,film however the fuck you want.
    use the advice given to fine tune your own style,not to please everybody else.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    it's a video game,film however the fuck you want.
    use the advice given to fine tune your own style,not to please everybody else.
    I like being pleased.
    He asked how we thought his filming was so naturally we say what we think needs improvement
    based on what PLEASES us!
    I hate it when people say this stuff..
    Do it for you.
    be apart of a skate community but don't post for others.
    Sense to be made?