A NEW HENDRIX RECORD

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

NEW?

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

"new" haha. dude's dead. can't really be new. unreleased is the correct term. and most of it's probably been heard already. his estate probably just needs money.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

yes indeed it's unreleased. but don't tell me you've heard the songs before! I sure as hell haven't.
    it's amazing btw, fucking trumpet solo's.. and guest vocals

i'm just cynical because that's how unreleased albums always are. i have no doubt it's good. just my commentary on the whole "releasing a new album 30 years after death"-thing.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Well I'm sure there's still plenty of unreleased stuff by him. He was prolific. Of course, when you can't read/write music it's wise to record reference tracks whenever you come up with something new so you dont forget it......this is something he did constantly. So a lot of his "unreleased" tracks are just portions of songs (riffs,lyrics,melodies) that he wasn't able to finish. I know his last "new" release (I think it was called in the Valley of Neptune or something in 09 or so) was mediocre. Only about of the "new" 2 songs on it were actually completed by him. Still, I'm gonna give it a listen tho, thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Yep, a bunch of rejiggered versions of already existing tracks. Which isnt so bad for all of em. Tracks like Earth Blues and Inside Out never had studio versions released.. only a live recording here & there, so thats good. I really like the version of Somewhere over the rainbow (shortened to Somehwere ) on this. Its got a waaay more mellow groove to it than the version released in 71. However, this album does contain his worst version of Izabella (one of my faves).
    I wish they just released a few of the less documented songs instead of loading up the tracklist with filler versions :/
    Last edited by Legba; 03-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

I love the track let me move you! who's singing on it?
    I know what you mean mamba, like all the mj shit that came out when he died. He would've been out of his debt if he would've still lived, but of course that's whole reason why he suddenly sold so much

XBL
    x1mmortal

big hendrix fan, don't think i'd be interested in unreleased records, though
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by XImortalDEATHX View Post
    big hendrix fan, don't think i'd be interested in unreleased records, though
    just listen to it, they're great, even when they're already existing, when you're a fan you should only care about, YAY NEW SONGS

totally gonna check this out

Artists always unreleased stuff. Like how we have throwaway footy

The new sound garden album was written 10 years ago for the most part. Just came out with it because they re-united.

or shit like this /\

Anyways im totally gonna check this out