Thread: NEW & USEFUL

Lightbulb NEW & USEFUL

Need1eBanger here,
    I'm a 27yr old dude from Alberta Canada. Been skating since grade 4 - 1994. Anybody who grew up in the 90's could tell you that skateboarding use to be a whole different kind of monster, compared to what it is today. I dont really skate too hardcore anymore due to a stack of x-rays & injury reports that I've accumulated over time. Anyways, I was always equally as good at editing crap on computers, video games etc. and my fave skating games of all time were Thrasher, Tony Hawk 2, and whatever THPS had that insanely good park editor with the "rail tool" & "gap tool" respectively. When Skate 1 came out, at first I was questioning if it (the controls) was even possible... but after about 3-4 months of steady practice I was finally able to bust tricks off/up/down obstacles with decently realistic skateboarding tricks. Skate 1 was my bread & butter. I played offline for about almost 2yrs, building up my skills until finally 1 day I had the Internet hooked back up. I went directly to the EA website & challenged anybody who thought they could lay it down against me, and after slaughtering all of my competition I found myself on 1 of their little "teams" - Hoodlum Skate crew, some badass motherf*ckers in the world of Skate. I must say. These guys were doin the 3flips outta blunt/nose slides before anybody else, before most people even asked if it was possible. Doin that under/through the rail 3flip sh*t. 1 of the guys in that crew had a link to Cuz, one of the original creators of the game. My opinion on Skate 3 is that the skateable world is an absolute joke. If it wasn't for the piss-poor skatepark editor they added, Skate 3 would have absolutely flopped dead. Over the course of about 1-1/2yrs I learned how to master the skatepark editor. The lengths at which EA went to implant such a worthless editor into their game is amazing, it's like they are trying to suck. I base my parks off the physics engine on normal difficulty, rather than make it look good for a picture when in reality it skates like sh*t. Snap-together parks are not cool, whatsoever. I may be a harsh critic but its because I have high expectations & I bring quality to the table w/parks ready to go to back that up.

Add me me on Xbox: Need1eBanger
    I have 3-4 parks ready to be shredded. Sick parks, no gayness. To some (EA) these parks will shed new light on what would have been cooler than the horrible trash that was in the Skate 3 career mode.

Greetings.
    Another Canadian.
    Thrasher used to be absolute my fave! T.H.U.G was 2nd up. Thats why I was hyped for 2 years in advance for Skate. Always glad to have a fellow since-day-oner join the forum. It would be wise to try and write with more humility tho, just sayin.
    Cockiness and Fluckit dont mix well.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

This reads more like a middle school english paper than an intro thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

lol

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    This reads more like a middle school english paper than an intro thread.
    ok i lold hard

welcome to fluckitland broheim

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Need1eBanger View Post
    I base my parks off the physics engine on normal difficulty, rather than make it look good for a picture when in reality it skates like sh*t.
    I'm just gonna isolate this, take from it what you will.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

No cockiness here dude. And ya, I find that when you look at people's pics of their parks they look sweet and all... But then you go to skate it & it rides so terrible. I would give my left nut to ride some awesome creations and from what I hear this website is where I'll find them. Do I have to become friends with people to ride their parks? Worst park download set-up in video game history.

So basically...you're og?...cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    emericaridr11

fuck skate, its all bout the looks

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Damn you were on hoodlum?

Whatever happened to those guys...
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    TheDietTea

Hey Maybe You're not cocky but it is feeling negative.
    We're pretty much past insulting what the game isn't now.
    You can dwell on it but with no sequels coming out, You've got to make the most of it.
    I won't be done with skate 3..
    I skate every nook and cranny and then I'll find a new way to hit it weeks later.
    The more people support the two games we have left the more likely things are to stay up and running.
    Granted, it's not the best service out there but it works and there's no other series like it.
    We've already lost one game's online services guys.

If you're really an OG and really into tricks looking and feeling *real* try skating in hardcore mode, where the physics have been altered to come closer to skating in real life. So you don't clear 20 sets without trying. As for park editing, from the looks of it, you aren't s master of much. I hate being the Negative dude, but its one thing to come in to a forum new and willing to learn, it's another thing to come in immature and full of themselves, and it's a beast when you come in cocky, unwilling to learn and with nothing spectacular. Set your game to normal and build parks that correspond to that scale. Use your in game skater to measure distance. And stop gassing yourself. That being said... welcome to fluckit!
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

"This park looks like sh*t. Add me as a friend: Need1eBanger
    My parks are far superior & they don't ride like sh*t."

little quote i grabbed from you off the kid's table from maybe a week ago,there were more just like it.
    word of advice,if you bring that shit here you won't last long.

Hoodlum? Never heard of it
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

Quote Originally Posted by BladderBoy View Post
    Hoodlum? Never heard of it
    Sound like some badass Mofo's though

Yup, those parks did suck - because 1. I wasn't playing on hardcore mode, 2. They were 95% snap-together. And if it was the parking lot one - it looks great but for someone coming from a Normal standpoint there was nothing to hit. Looks awesome. Tons of these parks do. But when I'm getting caught up on the painted lines in the parking lot, flags start going up in my mind. I totally understand - looks beauty on replay.
    Last edited by Need1eBanger; 03-11-2013 at 09:27 PM.

fucking bullshit, you can skate parks in normal exactly the same way as in hardcore.