Thread: Skatepark in da streetz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

I think using a car or even a bungee (honestly never see that, at least not in the blade world) is diff entirely that constructing a man made ramp. The car leaves after ur done. Its not something that is out of place being there like m said.

Maybe it's just a difference in cultures. Skateboarding seems to have a lot of focus on one upping each other at the same well known spots. So maybe that's where this comes from because eventually you reach a point where the bar gets raised so high that you need to do something like that to make it happen.

And don't take it as me knocking anyone's ability or putting down and tricks that have been done there but, to me, knowing the rollin is there sorta cheapens it to me.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    crni1976

Mamba12 recently posted a vid in this forum titled the Red Bull Perspective. It features a couple of scenes where the skaters make use of some improvised bungee device to gain the necessary speed given some of the tight spots they found themselves in.

Yet for some reason that had a whole different feel to it, compared to the roll in. With similar amazing results though. ..

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    I think using a car or even a bungee (honestly never see that, at least not in the blade world) is diff entirely that constructing a man made ramp. The car leaves after ur done. Its not something that is out of place being there like m said.

Maybe it's just a difference in cultures. Skateboarding seems to have a lot of focus on one upping each other at the same well known spots. So maybe that's where this comes from because eventually you reach a point where the bar gets raised so high that you need to do something like that to make it happen.

And don't take it as me knocking anyone's ability or putting down and tricks that have been done there but, to me, knowing the rollin is there sorta cheapens it to me.
    The way I see it, the car is something everyone has access to. Just like the stairs, the rail, and everything else. Street is about taking what you have, and WORKING with it. If it's near a literal street, use a car to boost your speed, no harm done. The rollin just furthers the gap between the privileged and the underprivileged in the sport. It's like the rich kids having the high scores on an arcade machine, because they can put in more tokens to continue.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

you might as well be in a skatepark if you're gonna use a roll-in. cars and bungees are more "organic" in my mind. you're fundamentally changing the spot by adding a ramp.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

I'm sorry but this thread is retarded. He switched flipped wallenberg, who cares how he got the speed to do it, its still insane regardless of a ramp or not.
    Skateboarders have always found ways to make getting a trick easier, waxing, bondo, cutting trees, why does a rollin matter.
    Appreciate the trick and stop being nit picky, if you care so much about a roll in, go down there and roll up to that set switch yourself and see how easy it is to get speed without it.

pretty sure we've all come to the understanding that the trick was sick,no need to get all shitty about it

I just don't understand why it matters. Its just a rollin. Skateboarding isn't divided between park and street skaters. You should skate everything and have fun, don't worry about the integrity of being a "street skater."