Thread: Anyone play the NHL 14 Demo yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Default Anyone play the NHL 14 Demo yet?

I'm a huge hockey fan, been playing for 18 years.

I'm really impressed with how NHL 13 and NHL 14 are focusing even more on realism.

I like how they incorporated the momentum in the last game. They really smoothed it out in NHL 14, all the pivots and hard turns are a lot smoother.

Big improvements on the hitting. More realistic and more visually pleasing animations.

They fixed the spinoramas.

More random and realistic puck bounces

More realistic scrums after the whistle and a whole new fighting system.

Goalie movement is looking more fluid as well.

I've been playing hockey games since NHL 94, but the past two, especially NHL 14 are really blowing me away.

PSN
    SolidMojo

Not playing the demo but I'll get the retail when it hits, this years edition has everything I've been wanting this generation, was a bit disappointed in Nhl13 tbh.

Have over 10k games played over the last 3 years, playing defense in drop-in
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

PSN
    SolidMojo

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    What didn't you like about NHL 13?
    I was expecting real time ragdoll physics for the hitting, also they removed live goalies (new addition in nhl12), skating engine is a little unpolished and no manual poke checks damn.

Looks like 14 will be what I wanted all along and hopefully it can be the last version bought for a while, surely dont need a yearly purchase.
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Yeah I get the unpolished skating engine comment, and it has been fixed. But I kinda liked it, at least in comparison to NHL 12, it was rough, kinda had a sense of realism about it. Having to be careful with the momentum.

Yeah live goalies is back, and goalies are looking real good in general.

There is a manual poke check somewhat. You can swing your stick around and change the angle of it by swinging the
    Left stick side to side. Then when you're at the angle you wanna poke you hit the poke check button. I usually prefer just using the stick swinging method alone, you can steal the puck without worrying as much about tripping penalties.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I'm trying my hardest not to buy any EA games from them ever again, so I don't even want to tempt myself with the demo. If only I could choose to buy the game and give all the money to someone else instead of EA
    The artist formerly known as Luft