Thread: Our lives are officially over.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seeing the Light Mad-Hatter-314's Avatar

I dont know why EA wouldn't offer a new DLC that allows you to keep uploading clips. They could charge like 10 bucks and would make some decent coin. The cost of keeping servers up for uploading files only cant be to expensive. They could tone down the site, remove the abilility to watch the video on the site and you just name your clips and upload. Seems like a easy fix and they can make more $$ off us in return.
    PSN: MaD-HaTTeR-314

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter-314 View Post
    I dont know why EA wouldn't offer a new DLC that allows you to keep uploading clips. They could charge like 10 bucks and would make some decent coin. The cost of keeping servers up for uploading files only cant be to expensive. They could tone down the site, remove the abilility to watch the video on the site and you just name your clips and upload. Seems like a easy fix and they can make more $$ off us in return.
    What's even worse is that the reality is the opposite of that. The filmer pack is now completely useless, and the share pack is now completely useless (even though it was free for some of us).
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

the filmer pack in skate 2 is still important if you plan on making cap card videos

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

XBL
    TheDietTea

Ive been doing the cap card thing for a while now. Ea services were starting to slow. I own everything for skate 2 & 3 except time is money. I expect online to go down but as long as I can still access all my dlc Ive still got stuff to do. Ill skate just the cities if I have to but looking back ive shelled a couple hundred bucks for skate. DLC, Games on release day, new copies. It kinda sucks that the whole reel thing is what people are relying on. Weve come to learn EAs patterns dont act so surprised. No one seemed very upset when OG went down atleast not that I remember. Parks and graphics are so minimal for me. They arent taking away the editor so I dont see why you dont keep doing it and sharing with videos? /endblock

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Ive been doing the cap card thing for a while now. Ea services were starting to slow. I own everything for skate 2 & 3 except time is money. I expect online to go down but as long as I can still access all my dlc Ive still got stuff to do. Ill skate just the cities if I have to but looking back ive shelled a couple hundred bucks for skate. DLC, Games on release day, new copies. It kinda sucks that the whole reel thing is what people are relying on. Weve come to learn EAs patterns dont act so surprised. No one seemed very upset when OG went down atleast not that I remember. Parks and graphics are so minimal for me. They arent taking away the editor so I dont see why you dont keep doing it and sharing with videos? /endblock

Not everyone wants to buy a cap card, though

XBL
    TheDietTea

Im just saying this is what you get for trusting a company you dont like. AND I dont see why not Goat.. You can get a standard quality capture card for the price of a new game there are even a few that are cheaper than that. Hd capture cards are like buying two and a half new games. Oh and I bought a capture card add that to my spent on skate list. It just seems silly that some seem reluctant like the reel and stuff would last long when the OG stuff went down it was just a matter of time. I wouldnt be surprised if s2 reel goes down at the same time either. A ton of ea games have reel features and it all goes down at some point. I still have clips stacked for a pga tour 10 montage.

why is it silly to not want to spend more money on this game by buying a cap card/pvr?
    I think it's silly to spend more money at this point,especially considering how much this community has slowed down.
    I've had a few years of fun with it,good enough for me.

and as far as the GC being so "minimal",ask guys like inside manager what losing that means for them.
    cap card won't help there.
    Last edited by m.seven; 04-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Im just saying this is what you get for trusting a company you dont like. AND I dont see why not Goat.. You can get a standard quality capture card for the price of a new game there are even a few that are cheaper than that. Hd capture cards are like buying two and a half new games. Oh and I bought a capture card add that to my spent on skate list. It just seems silly that some seem reluctant like the reel and stuff would last long when the OG stuff went down it was just a matter of time. I wouldnt be surprised if s2 reel goes down at the same time either. A ton of ea games have reel features and it all goes down at some point. I still have clips stacked for a pga tour 10 montage.
    Granted.
    Still, opportunity cost.
    Some (me included) would rather spend the money on more important/material things.