Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our lives are officially over.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Its hard to tell what will happen next.. Skate came out in 2007 and had a 4 year lifespan while skate 2 is on 4 years now and skate 3 on its third year. Either Skate 2 is next or weve got a good thing going. Keep online activities high and pray we see a few more years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Murderous View Post
    Better be working on that video part for the DIK full length
    That's still a thing?

XBL
    Yarivpa

I'm actually spamming the EA facebook and you guys should help me!
    Let the good times roll !

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

yea spamming wont help.
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

fuck a cap card, i bought that shit and couldnt keep up with it. EA needs to get its shit together and let another company buy out the skate series or get bought by google or something....
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

XBL
    TheDietTea

Google.. skate.. what? Did the berrics really post up that park remake for 2013? If they did they play skate. I doubt skaters know how to run a server or make a game not that they couldnt but it just doesnt sound likely. Skate is not the only game with a community.. I just dont think they will care about this. Money to keep servers up/get new ones. Money to buy rights, money to do sequels if youre buying the game you gotta keep it going.. With no prior knowledge of this stuff it would be a hefty work load. These are people dedicated to making real skateboarding stuff happen, does skate really qualify? I mean who knows but theres alot more to do than contacting someone to throw money at it. If anything we need to get our stuff together. How sick would it be if our ideas were all that skate 4 was? Think about it. Might be a bit easier to approach someone with a gameplan rather than just saying hey, make a game. on the other hand I cannot recall hearing one story about any game getting bought out and continued. Hey heres our community we make vids ea sucks pay for it. If you think itll work go for it Im thinking its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Did the berrics really post up that park remake for 2013? If they did they play skate.

the ideas getting spread about are all fine and well,but in the end it's up to EA to give up the rights to the skate series.
    I just don't see it happening..nothing's been done in 3 years by EA nor have there been interests expressed by other publishers to acquire it,at least not that i'm aware of.

try anything and fuck anybody that tries to make you feel bad for being passionate about it

problem probably is ea wanting so much money for the controls and name. their greedy fucks

Quote Originally Posted by Chompione View Post
    that picture made me lose my shit
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Fluckin' Hatchling slyforpresident's Avatar
    PSN
    bhopjr65

Well, Shit.
    SlyHigash

Quote Originally Posted by slyforpresident View Post
    Well, Shit.
    ^^^^^
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

I personally feel like this game resonated more with former/older skaters than it did with younger skaters/casual gamers (who will simply switch to a different game).

We've been able to perform shit we wish we could or execute visions that we felt were lacking in irl skate vids. If this is the end then I just want to say thanks to all the cool people I met over the years, and especially to those whose video editing tips helped me learn a new skill for my career.

Look forward to the Last Month's works.

end of the game doesnt have to be the end of the community.

^Very much agreed with the 2 dudes above me. You cant knock the fluckit!

On another note, THIS game is now running on its 6th year of being online with a community a fraction of s3's:
    Its not an EA game
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Quote Originally Posted by r0ke View Post
    I personally feel like this game resonated more with former/older skaters than it did with younger skaters/casual gamers (who will simply switch to a different game).

We've been able to perform shit we wish we could or execute visions that we felt were lacking in irl skate vids. If this is the end then I just want to say thanks to all the cool people I met over the years, and especially to those whose video editing tips helped me learn a new skill for my career.

Look forward to the Last Month's works.
    HE HAS A GIF GET HIM
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

PSN
    kieranroden10

Fuck EA,they just seem to only care about money. everyone pours money into their pockets and they just do this shit,this community has added so much to this game,from CAPs that are better than the games map to graphics which you wouldn't think are possible to make. They say they care about the customers but they can't even make the game properly,this game continually fucks up.
    On a side note, I know I'm still seen as new in the fluckit community on account of me not inputting much such as parks,however when I see how you all treat new people posting their content,I see that you all put in constructive criticism and help out,before I found fluckit I didn't even realise there was a merge glitch.I see you are all welcoming and helpful,I've met people through fluckit and seen the different side to this game.
    Try to make this month the best,I would like the skate series continue but I see a small chance that it will stay,anyway I've gone on a bit so I'll stop.
    PSN:kieranroden10

DEVD STCK Collective

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Hear that?

That's the sound of EA sticking their head farther up their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

one sound you won't hear anymore is a cash register opening up to take my money for an EA game

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    one sound you won't hear anymore is a cash register opening up to take my money for an EA game
    Dude get a debit card already.
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

Awful Awfuls!

is s2 closing as well?

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by xtremezoid View Post
    is s2 closing as well?
    We won't know till the end of the month.
    S2 might stay up because it's so small it could possibly have been forgotten. :-)
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

the s2 reel doesnt work for so many people already anyways

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    the s2 reel doesnt work for so many people already anyways
    i thought we solved that...
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Awful Awfuls!

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    We won't know till the end of the month.
    S2 might stay up because it's so small it could possibly have been forgotten. :-)
    thanks man. hopefully it stays up. if it does im planning on making a fl

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    i thought we solved that...
    think again
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Fluckin' Hatchling

Hey guys, I'm new to this site, but I made a poll on skate.ea.com's forums to save Skate.reel...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#28025562

It would be awesome if we could get as many people as possible to sign it, check it out if you want.

I know EA don't care and probably won't see it, but there is a 1 in a million chance they might seeming it's on THEIR website.

IF EA sees it,they probably won't care..it's about money not the game.
    EA could care less about our little Skate community when they've got Madden and Battlefield to recycle year after year.

....sorry, im late and didnt read the whole thread. but some thoughts...

over the years of playing this game it really doesnt feel like playing a game anymore, more like playing an instrument like guitar or something...so many automatisms....doing without thinking...fluckin flickit is fucking awesome!!! and instead of watching TV in the evening or doing other lazy stuff, i filmed a few clips, listened to music...ok....smoked too much...
    but even enjoyed the times while uploading my shit to skate reel, because after fakeskating it...filming it....that was a good time to roll another....change the music...think about what to do next....all that kind of shit! just lazy evenings....especially in winter....

had a cap card for short in between, but it wasnt the same (besides endless troubles with my pc) for me...so long story short...

i think, that it should be some kind of human right...that its impossible to close virtual spaces, which have been opened once. i play "my instrument"... skate! i want to keep on doing this. it's like....if the inventor of the guitar would have the right to take away all guitars from the ones playing them! not to mention....i paid for this!

time for rebellion!!!!
    someone has got to steal that level creator thing they used at blackbox...make up a new city...and make up a solution to upload footy to somewhere! and give that ea assholes a kick in the ass....

just some thoughts...hope you know what i mean....some more gizz footy to come...but not too much, as it seems....

love you guys!
    Last edited by Gizzler; 04-06-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: subversity
    !!!

Steam
    MakeshiftOddity
    PSN
    MakeshiftOddity
    XBL
    MakeshiftOddity

Aw man I was gone last week on spring break, looks like I need to stack about 5 minutes of footage for the Gorilla Kult video and a one last hora video.

^Get psyched to be here.^

It just hit me that the worst part is that I have to make a last video, but I have to give a shit. This sucks.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

There's a lot of bad things about this, but there will be a bright side, tons of videos coming out at the same time lol.

Just got off of a live chat to ea:

Jonathan:
    Rumors say that they are planning to make or are now developing Skate 4. Try to check some updates from our website or join at the forums for discussions.

So doesn't seem like even EA knows what's happening!

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyW078 View Post
    Just got off of a live chat to ea:

Jonathan:
    Rumors say that they are planning to make or are now developing Skate 4. Try to check some updates from our website or join at the forums for discussions.

So doesn't seem like even EA knows what's happening!
    Yeeeaaaaa....no.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Dude those 'live chat' people will tell you anything.

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

XBL
    x1mmortal

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    Dude those 'live chat' people will tell you anything.
    They told Albert, he freaked out, not realizing they've probably gotten that call a billion times.
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

This news just hit me....
    I dont have interwebs blahblah...
    Sucks..
    But all things must come to an end, but this way sucks...I rather it just die out then just come to a complete stop...
    Ive had fun times with this whole thing even tho I havent been around as of late, I still love and miss my dudes very much..
    Holla.

Ps..
    Interwebs in the near future...
    Cap card short after...
    I havent stoped playing, got a shit ton of saved clips....Even some NBD spots

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Quote Originally Posted by r0ke View Post

We've been able to perform shit we wish we could or execute visions that we felt were lacking in irl skate vids. If this is the end then I just want to say thanks to all the cool people I met over the years
    This sums up quite good what I want to say, I could go on forever but I don't have the time right now. Might write a longer post later on.

But yeah, this sure sucks. Always liked the crispy HD-quality without the watermark or whatever you can call that thing in the left bottom of the screen when people film with cap-cards. And with me being a perfectionist I really like to have my long lenses without the vignette. Probably gonna get a cap-card later on in desperation of filming, but it won't be the same thing for me.

With this short time left I'm working really hard to do the best of it, and with 4 different projects going on I'm busting my ass off! Now I'm also really focused on bringing out the sick stuff a lot of people haven't landed, haven't tried or haven't even thought of.

If this is the end for a while, I'll make sure to make myself proud, make my followers/fans/teams proud and make sure you motherfuckers don't forget me!
    Last edited by Granka; 04-08-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granka View Post
    But yeah, this sure sucks. Always liked the crispy HD-quality without the watermark or whatever you can call that thing in the left bottom of the screen when people film with cap-cards. And with me being a perfectionist I really like to have my long lenses without the vignette. Probably gonna get a cap-card later on in desperation of filming, but it won't be the same thing for me.
    You can remove the vignette in video options, It's called camera man mode. Nothing you can do about that watermark though.

But yeah, the skate reel will be sorely missed. Along with the rippers who end up going away with it.
    I live life on the whimsy of my feelings.