Thread: Our lives are officially over.

its a total blessing.

bye.

Haha
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

XBL
    Yarivpa

Do you think when they will close .reels , parks and bookmarks will work or it will be like two days ago and nothing work?
    Last edited by Yarivpa; 04-09-2013 at 02:44 AM.
    Let the good times roll !

Quote Originally Posted by Yarivpa View Post
    Do you think when they will close .reels , parks and bookmarks will work or it will be like two days ago and nothing work?
    that's the pure joy of dealing with EA..you never know

Looks like I'm buying a cap card.

I was just getting back into things a bit... got about 3 minutes of footage saved up for a rainy day's editing...
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

XBL
    TheDietTea

Its been a long strange trip haha. Reel going down, even if parks stay I wouldnt imagine it would be for much longer.. We still use the services but apparently we're not enough. You can be mad at ea but at the end of it all we had a good time, gained some skills.. They put skateboarding up to be recognized as a sport and the series' total lifespan is nothing short of amazing. Cap cards to keep rolling, hopefully another year for skate 3 online at the least.. If this is the case you could still share parks there just wont be an upload feature. You have to connect to ea servers to make rooms so yes, it will go down at some point. However skate 2 is still online as far as I know, may be a little while for online play to go. Try to keep that online activity up is all I can think of. Its sad to see this awesome series slowly dwindle down, ive never played a game as often as I do skate but heres to a good run. I got as much as I could from this, for sure.

Smooth Job EA.

Recession Free will be dumping some clips soon.........

Not like you guys would care anyway

Yes You Can!

A month's notice. And they had to pick the one month out of this year when I have zero time to play.
    Man, at least they could like.. let somebody maintain a server space for the reel, just drop an update with the upload shit re-routed, and what the fuck am I even talking about.

Seeing the Light Mad-Hatter-314's Avatar

I dont know why EA wouldn't offer a new DLC that allows you to keep uploading clips. They could charge like 10 bucks and would make some decent coin. The cost of keeping servers up for uploading files only cant be to expensive. They could tone down the site, remove the abilility to watch the video on the site and you just name your clips and upload. Seems like a easy fix and they can make more $$ off us in return.
    PSN: MaD-HaTTeR-314

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter-314 View Post
    I dont know why EA wouldn't offer a new DLC that allows you to keep uploading clips. They could charge like 10 bucks and would make some decent coin. The cost of keeping servers up for uploading files only cant be to expensive. They could tone down the site, remove the abilility to watch the video on the site and you just name your clips and upload. Seems like a easy fix and they can make more $$ off us in return.
    What's even worse is that the reality is the opposite of that. The filmer pack is now completely useless, and the share pack is now completely useless (even though it was free for some of us).
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

the filmer pack in skate 2 is still important if you plan on making cap card videos

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

XBL
    TheDietTea

Ive been doing the cap card thing for a while now. Ea services were starting to slow. I own everything for skate 2 & 3 except time is money. I expect online to go down but as long as I can still access all my dlc Ive still got stuff to do. Ill skate just the cities if I have to but looking back ive shelled a couple hundred bucks for skate. DLC, Games on release day, new copies. It kinda sucks that the whole reel thing is what people are relying on. Weve come to learn EAs patterns dont act so surprised. No one seemed very upset when OG went down atleast not that I remember. Parks and graphics are so minimal for me. They arent taking away the editor so I dont see why you dont keep doing it and sharing with videos? /endblock

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Ive been doing the cap card thing for a while now. Ea services were starting to slow. I own everything for skate 2 & 3 except time is money. I expect online to go down but as long as I can still access all my dlc Ive still got stuff to do. Ill skate just the cities if I have to but looking back ive shelled a couple hundred bucks for skate. DLC, Games on release day, new copies. It kinda sucks that the whole reel thing is what people are relying on. Weve come to learn EAs patterns dont act so surprised. No one seemed very upset when OG went down atleast not that I remember. Parks and graphics are so minimal for me. They arent taking away the editor so I dont see why you dont keep doing it and sharing with videos? /endblock

Not everyone wants to buy a cap card, though

XBL
    TheDietTea

Im just saying this is what you get for trusting a company you dont like. AND I dont see why not Goat.. You can get a standard quality capture card for the price of a new game there are even a few that are cheaper than that. Hd capture cards are like buying two and a half new games. Oh and I bought a capture card add that to my spent on skate list. It just seems silly that some seem reluctant like the reel and stuff would last long when the OG stuff went down it was just a matter of time. I wouldnt be surprised if s2 reel goes down at the same time either. A ton of ea games have reel features and it all goes down at some point. I still have clips stacked for a pga tour 10 montage.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety4 View Post
    Smooth Job EA.

Recession Free will be dumping some clips soon.........

Not like you guys would care anyway
    actually i very much care about this

why is it silly to not want to spend more money on this game by buying a cap card/pvr?
    I think it's silly to spend more money at this point,especially considering how much this community has slowed down.
    I've had a few years of fun with it,good enough for me.

and as far as the GC being so "minimal",ask guys like inside manager what losing that means for them.
    cap card won't help there.
    Last edited by m.seven; 04-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    why is it silly to not want to spend more money on this game by buying a cap card/pvr?
    I think it's silly to spend more money at this point,especially considering how much this community has slowed down.
    I've had a few years of fun with it,good enough for me.

and as far as the GC being so "minimal",ask guys like inside manager what losing that means for them.
    cap card won't help there.
    This exactly. That post seemed really insensitive and blatantly the thing I enjoy most from the game is just *playing* it, which won't go away from me. But it still kind of offended me anyway, because many of the friends I've made here are hurt by this server downing. Cap Cards may only be the price of "a game," but several of us can only afford to get maybe 1 or 2 games a year, and that's something that isn't worth a SD cap card that would be laughed off by any other community, especially considering most of us have other friends and other games that we play with said friends. There's a lot wrong with this server going down, and it impacts all of us.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    Yarivpa

10 days remaining...
    Let the good times roll !

XBL
    TheDietTea

Theres no denying games arent cheap I usually trade in 10-20 games just to get new titles. Its just a reference I knew people related to. Not to discredit obvious talent in the gc just saying it doesnt affect me because I bought a cap card I still have other things to do. Whats a few more bucks was my mindset. You dont have to buy one immediately. This is the way its moving though and I still see potential to share building secrets, make better builders and keep the park editor thing going. Even more so now than when we relied on the reel. Now builders can capture those moments and break things down, if they choose to.

PSN
    sk8tatter or Wizard__Beared

GORILLA KULT PSN is sk8tatter and Wizard__Beard add me if you are not a lame

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Im just saying this is what you get for trusting a company you dont like. AND I dont see why not Goat.. You can get a standard quality capture card for the price of a new game there are even a few that are cheaper than that. Hd capture cards are like buying two and a half new games. Oh and I bought a capture card add that to my spent on skate list. It just seems silly that some seem reluctant like the reel and stuff would last long when the OG stuff went down it was just a matter of time. I wouldnt be surprised if s2 reel goes down at the same time either. A ton of ea games have reel features and it all goes down at some point. I still have clips stacked for a pga tour 10 montage.
    Granted.
    Still, opportunity cost.
    Some (me included) would rather spend the money on more important/material things.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8tatter View Post
    Oh my god thank you
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Granted.
    Still, opportunity cost.
    Some (me included) would rather spend the money on more important/material things.
    rubbers and nylon rope

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Seems the reel just took another dump.

Edit: yeah back online. (why do I keep fucking up?)
    Last edited by Razorlike Blue; 04-19-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    I live life on the whimsy of my feelings.

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

I thought we had till the 29th.....why they slackin early? Is this just a 4-20 hiccup??

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well if you wont set aside for a capture card I dont know what to tell ya. Its dead for ya. Nothing lasts forever but the capture card will give games a longer lifespan. Its bigger than skate if you want it to be. BUT If you guys wanted this thing to stay alive this is the route.

هم جالسين يتعلمون منا العربي واحنا نتعلم منهم اﻹنجليزي

Fluckin' Hatchling
    XBL
    vWunq

I am so done with EA.

Quote Originally Posted by wunq View Post
    I am so done with EA.
    get rid of your annoying animated sig
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i grow tired of this

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i grow tired of this
    *skate 4 annouced*

momadaddy:"IM AWAKE!"
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Fluckin' Hatchling
    XBL
    vWunq

Quote Originally Posted by EA
    But the number of players still enjoying Skate has dwindled to a point where it’s no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these websites up and running.
    But the number of players still enjoying Skate has dwindled
    number still enjoying Skate dwindled
    enjoying Skate dwindled
    dwindled

BY ABOUT 2 PEOPLE EA.