Thread: I just had an idea.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Though this may be difficult or a long shot, it's better than doing nothing and/or just posting angrily on the skate 3 blog that they never update or read anyways. I highly doubt any complaining we do will make EA forget that they love money and don't want to spend it on us, and they also don't care if 5 people say they won't buy anymore EA games either. Rob might legitimately care to some degree, maybe, likely not but it is better than doing nothing.

So let's get a ball rolling or something, somebody should throw together a couple examples of community videos or graphics/photos or anything, maybe a membership count from LB and fluckit, some solid things that could be included in an e-mail to the company. Chances are Rob won't even see the e-mail a secretary or somebody would but if we send a message with no content simply asking for help, it'll likely fall on deaf ears.

I'm yet to try any of this stuff, but basically what we wanna show is...

- 2 Full lengths
    - 2 Community vids
    - 2 Solos (Favoritism will come into play here)
    - Pics of a Fantasy Factory CAP
    - Graphics. Preferably Alien Workshop remakes and hopefully Dyrdek pro models (Inside...).

- If you have any more ideas, please put them in a reply here.

There are 3 other guys I thought of...

Danny Way - Creative Director or some shit, came up with ideas for most of the spots etc.

Jason Lee - "GET GET GET IT"

This one is definitely a long shot but...

Andrew Reynolds - He was so hyped about the remake of his part from Baker 3. He wanted to meet with the guy who did it.

Hey Demz, you still got Cuz' number?

P.S. I'm gonna leave this phone thing to someone else. Rob will probably think I'm just some gamer kid who wants his multiplayer back. I'll try the email though. I'll put up an example of what I'm going to send in a reply here and if you think I should add to it then tell me.
    Last edited by Goon_Panda; 03-31-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: P.S

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

this sounds like it is going somewhere! smart fucking idea!
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

XBL
    YumyyyP & i enjoi hopps

MY REMAKE OF JAWS IN A HAPPY MEDIUM 2? or Arizona Road Trip?
    Last edited by yumpancakes1; 03-31-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Jaws had no involvement in the series but still, that looks rather enticing.

how naive can you be? "maybe he'll pay for the servers."

I think he couldn't give less of a crap about the series.

Here's what the email might look like

Hi.

I am a part of a community which is based around EA's Skate. videogame series. On April 29, 2013, the Skate. series' online features will no longer be operating.

Our community creates videos, skate parks, and graphics with this game. As of the 29th, we will no longer be able to do this. Electronic Arts seems to think that the number of people using the servers for Skate 2 and Skate 3 is dwindling, but as it turns out, this is due to the lack of effort they have put into maintaining and operating the servers.

Here are some examples of the content we create from these games.

Here are links to two popular websites that we share our content on.

www.skatefluckit.com
    www.likebuttermag.com

SkateFluckit is a forum for those who have left the official EA Forums due to the attitude of other members who use them.
    LikeButterMag is a digital magazine showcasing what we do with EA's Skate videogames.

We all know that this game is close to Rob Dyrdek's heart, as he was involved in all three installments in the Skate series, 1 of which has already gone offline. The Fantasy Factory was featured in Skate 2, and has been made numerous times in Skate 3's Create A Park feature.

So what we are asking (begging) is for some help with keeping the servers up and running for as long as possible. This can either be done by negotiation with Electronic Arts or by purchasing control over the servers.

Thank you for your time.