Thread: Do you have a shitpark to?

XBL
    Yarivpa

Default Do you have a shitpark to?

few tricks in my shitpark where i hate to skate but i'm obliged to...
    i learned everything here but i can not stand anymore this skatepark...
    Do you have some shitpark video too?
    Let the good times roll !

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

i thought i did, i guess i dont though haha
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

XBL
    TheDietTea

Looks good to me. Ive seen worse man.. Ive seen parks so jank skaters brought their own mixtures to fix cracks. Nice little sesh video. Ive been practicing one footed tail skids with no grab I really want to take them to banks.. sliding the top like you guys are looks real fun.

XBL
    Yarivpa

Yeah i've seen worse too but mine is really little and the metallic pyramid begin to crack from everywhere... If only it was concrete!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Come on man its a park atleast you got something.. You want more make a petition, otherwise find some street spots? You got a hubba a bank a flat rail a ramp looks like good street prep to me. The city is a skatepark man.. most of them anyway.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

heres mine

XBL
    Yarivpa

Haha not so shitty

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I have to drive 2 hours to find any park, probably 6+ for a decent one. consider yourself lucky, dude.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Yea mine is pretty awesome, i am very lucky compared to you guys!

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I have to drive 2 hours to find any park, probably 6+ for a decent one. consider yourself lucky, dude.
    Wow, sucks man. I've got a park like 5 mins from me where I skate pretty much every day, and then like another 20 or so nice parks within an hours drive.

Heres my park
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jmA...el_video_title

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    Wow, sucks man. I've got a park like 5 mins from me where I skate pretty much every day, and then like another 20 or so nice parks within an hours drive.

Heres my park
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jmA...el_video_title
    The skate scene is dead around here. I haven't tried seriously skating in years, because I could never bring myself to do it by myself, especially when the only thing around is flat concrete. (I know for a lot of people, and particularly your style there's still a lot you can do there, but it was never what I was interested in). So now I'm just another kid on a virtual skateboarding forum who's followed the sport for years without really being able to do it.

I do hillbomb though, ever since I got to college this campus is covered in hills
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    The skate scene is dead around here. I haven't tried seriously skating in years, because I could never bring myself to do it by myself, especially when the only thing around is flat concrete. (I know for a lot of people, and particularly your style there's still a lot you can do there, but it was never what I was interested in). So now I'm just another kid on a virtual skateboarding forum who's followed the sport for years without really being able to do it.

I do hillbomb though, ever since I got to college this campus is covered in hills
    Just sounds like a lack of motivation. Skating alone is great. No kids to avoid, no one else in the way.. So take a trip to a park if thats what you want to do. Flatground is a good starting point though. Flat, drops, banks, ramps, bowls. Thats the order I did it in anyway. Not the best vert skater but those other things helped when I was trying vert. It helped me and my friends expand when you dont have much you gotta think optimistic, get creative. Youll have just as much fun.

XBL
    Yarivpa

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    Heres my park
    Your little park look's a little bit shitty too ! but lot of different flatbars !

my skatepark has a spine, a quarter funbox and a quarter. not even a flatbar

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yarivpa View Post
    Your little park look's a little bit shitty too ! but lot of different flatbars !
    It's real close by and its got all I need smooth flat ground, a few banks a nice little parking block for slappys. If I feel like some more variety I just hit up some of the more interesting parks we have around.

XBL
    Yarivpa

Yeah that´s the same for me, i have few spots close to my house but if i wana skate good spots i have to go to paris but it´s 2hours far from my city, and 40€ at least...

XBL
    TheDietTea

Are you guys really that restricted with your street spots? Ive occupied dozens of apartments in several different suburbs around ohio but I always found something to skate. Shit.. in my time skating.. Ive attempted a few handrails, crook grinded the inside of a chest high double rail deal, no pop and grab variations down a 6 set, slappy grinds on construction pipes still bundled up, rode various jank plywood setups, found and landed a couple gaps.. it was endless. Sidewalk to drops were manny pads, street lamps were roll up caveman material.. skate the local school, the stores stairsets, we got kicked out obviously but went back to those places every day. I still hit some of that stuff up when I pass through. I guess I was a bit more ballsy starting out but now I live next to heavy traffic four lane roads with minimal cross walks but I still have stuff to skate man.

XBL
    Yarivpa

I'm living in a little city in the center of france, where everything is historical so my spots makes me feel the same way that the ungrindables in port carverton...

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

When I was 14 there was ONE skatepark in my entire state. The one time I got to go, on my 14th birthday actually, I broke my collarbone.

Not trying to tell you your park is better than you say it is, but appreciate that you have it. 15 years ago (several thousand miles away) the kid 2 miles (3.2km) away with a manny pad WAS the skatepark in the majority of places.

Keep it rolling, man. Empathy to your situation and all, but when you're frustrated there, remind yourself it could be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

yea that sucks don, howd you break it?

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

By 15 I'd started the Save Our Skaters group in my hometown, and although I'd moved out of town by the time guys got to do something tangible, I lead a group that went to city hall meetings demanding a place to skate. We got kicked out everywhere, you better give us a place to skate, or you're going to have to keep kicking us out, long story short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.