Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BMX Kickstarter is a go!

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Always watched BMX at X Games and Dew etc. so always been into it. Really looking forward to this.

Hope they reach the full 400k goal eventually.

Albert is a cunt. We all know that. As much as I hate to say it though, the couple thousand views he might get could add to the kickstarter a lot. So being that Barspin are into Skate, they might even reach out to him to promote it a bit. Sure all the 12 year old viewers have money.

Give me some stickers all ready.

XBL
    TheDietTea

So he lies on video, thats relevant? How is he ruining games? Im just tired of reading it man.

Saw another vid that was a heavily moded gta 4. The entire world map was different. I think they imported it from just cause. it kinda looked like shit. Video said gta 5 gameplay preview. and there were so many stupid people sayin "ohh emm gee, i expected more, not buying"

bullshit like this could effect peoples interest cause people are stupid. More specifically, people on youtube are fucking retarded. And there are others to take advantage of that.

that and this vid had a shit ton of view. If people monitise their vids they can make money off of bullshit. And theres so much of it.

Hell, fox news does it on in the mainstream level.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    Saw another vid that was a heavily moded gta 4. The entire world map was different. I think they imported it from just cause. it kinda looked like shit. Video said gta 5 gameplay preview. and there were so many stupid people sayin "ohh emm gee, i expected more, not buying"

bullshit like this could effect peoples interest cause people are stupid. More specifically, people on youtube are fucking retarded. And there are others to take advantage of that.

that and this vid had a shit ton of view. If people monitise their vids they can make money off of bullshit. And theres so much of it.

Hell, fox news does it on in the mainstream level.
    Don't forget, people like Albert are the reason Skate 3 had so much focus on Hall of Meat and bullshit megapark stuff instead of a subdued, realistic city. People like him DO ruin games.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

It's why in a lot of ways, skate 2 was better than skate 3

world map for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Don't forget, people like Albert are the reason Skate 3 had so much focus on Hall of Meat and bullshit megapark stuff instead of a subdued, realistic city. People like him DO ruin games.
    If a little cunt like him ruins the game for you, that's your thing man, I personally still blame these Morons at EA.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    If a little cunt like him ruins the game for you, that's your thing man, I personally still blame these Morons at EA.
    He doesn't ruin the game for me, he's the REASON EA ruined the game for so many. EA listens to people like him because he has a fanbase of other people that listen to him.

PSN
    SolidMojo

And suddenly the thread took a turn for the worse..

I think Insidemanager pretty much summed it up for me aswell.

Although I enjoyed BMX XXX on ps2 back in the THPS days
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

yah lets get this shit back on topic lol

http://bmxthegame.uservoice.com/foru...or-directly-to

just made this. vote for that shit.

The ideas section for the BMX game.
    To get the footage uploaded to youtube or your hardrive

XBL
    TheDietTea

I was under the impression that blackbox started losing people and thats why the games direction shifted. I suppose it could have been speculation but several people have said it, I rolled with that for years.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    So he lies on video, thats relevant? How is he ruining games? Im just tired of reading it man.
    shut the frig up antwan. the pull these dumb tricklining pieces of shit have with 10-15 year olds is huge. they all have their mommy's credit cards ready to blow money on something that's "cool." Also, I haven't seen some of those pictures before so I'm pretty sure there is no secret witchcraft and barspin studios actually reached out to them. I quite frankly don't give a FUCK who is buying this game. I just want it to come out.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

XBL
    TheDietTea

Haha come on man I want to play it too. I just dont want to hear about albert ruining something everytime he does a new video. I dont believe for a second that hes to blame for anything other than dumb vids and ranting fluckers.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

Yea its got nothing to do with albert, it is ea's fault
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Also, I haven't seen some of those pictures before so I'm pretty sure there is no secret witchcraft and barspin studios actually reached out to them.
    All of those images can be found on BMX's Facebook, the website, or the Kickstarter.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Looking good so far from what I've seen in that preview. I love almost every sport, so even if I'm not crazy into BMXing, I'd still buy this game, hands down. I've always been around a few bikers at the park, and that got me pretty stoked on BMX. That and I've played a lot of the Dave Mirra and Matt Hoffman games back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Yea its got nothing to do with albert, it is ea's fault
    good lord you're reading mine and Luft's posts wrong.

You think we believe a single person shifted the focus of an entire game single handedly?

We said people LIKE albert ruined the game.

LIKE HIM

like, in for fair regards as the mass gaming population

as in, similar expectations of what a skateboarding game should be

as in, arcade gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    good lord you're reading mine and Luft's posts wrong.

You think we believe a single person shifted the focus of an entire game single handedly?

We said people LIKE albert ruined the game.

LIKE HIM

like, in for fair regards as the mass gaming population

as in, similar expectations of what a skateboarding game should be

as in, arcade gameplay.
    So what you were expecting? That a Major Company like EA does a super realistic Skate Game just for Skaters? There will always be someone who plays the Game in a different way and in the End the Decision is on the Developers.

But to me it doesn't seem like these Barspin Guys listen too much on Kids like Albert

XBL
    TheDietTea

Done. The photos in that plaza area on that ledge, nightime with lights? Got me stoked.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    So what you were expecting? That a Major Company like EA does a super realistic Skate Game just for Skaters? There will always be someone who plays the Game in a different way and in the End the Decision is on the Developers.

But to me it doesn't seem like these Barspin Guys listen too much on Kids like Albert
    The issue isn't in the words. It's in the fact that money talks, and Albert's proven that if he can do anything right, it's tricking 11 year old kids into spending their parents money on something completely retarded. We aren't expecting things to go south because of him, we're being cautious that if he can somehow rake up enough dough, he could potentially be pretty damned influential in the creation process.

back on track

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i just saw this was uploaded and i was about to post it here. i guess i was too slow. I really like these barspin guys a lot. they know whats up

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

After watching that second update, I was even more stoked about what could be done with this game. Pledged!

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Yeah, the editor had some nice customization in it to show off the sandbox nature of design.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

The way the funding is going so far through, I think they'll only make it to the 'core' milestone, which isn't bad by any means, but it seems like they wanted to add so much more to the entire game that they won't get to do, unless they want to put up even more of their own money and resources.

It's possible they won't even make the 55k and then there is no game period, which would be sad as fuck.
    There has to be one rich bastard gamer out there that wants this game made!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

i'm not so convinced by the argument that companies would only support the game if it reached the first milestone. if five big companies would each back the game with 5k dollars (which would be peanuts for a company like we the people, felt, specialized or haro, let alone big shots like monster energy) the game would definitely come to life. that's very well invested pr money in my eyes.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I hope the game does get what it deserves, and apparently, even though things aren't looking so "great" in terms of earnings for their milestones, there's still 18 days to go, which means still a lot more opportunities for them to earn at the very least the first milestone. Not sure how it goes for these kinds of things, but apparently in the last few days for that kickstarter thing, projects like this one get more attention, therefore, more potential money. If only Monster or Redbull or any major company would fund this game, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to even reach their highest milestone of £400k...

Edit: There actually is one person who pledged £5000 or more according to the site. There still is a chance for this game no doubt.
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 04-08-2013 at 05:36 AM.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Yeah, the big thing right now is trying to get it noticed by more people.
    If it got a mention by a few Pros, ESPN, Mt. Dew, etc you'd see the money pouring in.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL
    TheDietTea

I realize theres motivation behind starting a bmx sim type game but getting it off the ground... Why did they make the time to fundraise so short?

XBL
    RETURNOFDJMACK

Man i am so excited for this game. I fully support barspin, not just because they are making this game but because they stepped up to make a bmx game and they are getting the community involved, asking us what we would like to see in the game, and also we cant forget they are an indie team and they barely have support.
    Youtube:[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/DriftinDmack555"]

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I realize theres motivation behind starting a bmx sim type game but getting it off the ground... Why did they make the time to fundraise so short?
    I think the thing with kickstarter is only for 30 days or something, I don't think they had the choice to extend it or not, or else I'm sure they would, no doubt...

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    I think the thing with kickstarter is only for 30 days or something, I don't think they had the choice to extend it or not, or else I'm sure they would, no doubt...
    They didn't even use a 30 day KS. I think they did a 25/26 day fund or something. It was a little odd.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    They didn't even use a 30 day KS. I think they did a 25/26 day fund or something. It was a little odd.
    Ah, no idea how KS works, I just thought projects like these are up for 30 days, guess not haha

XBL
    TheDietTea

Is there really only 30 days for projects? No wonder theres things that looked impossible if thats the case.. thats not much time to get a company off the ground. I would love to see this on console man. Thats too bad.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Is there really only 30 days for projects? No wonder theres things that looked impossible if thats the case.. thats not much time to get a company off the ground. I would love to see this on console man. Thats too bad.
    They still have an update coming soon with a new trailer and some talk of 6 possible brand sponsors.
    If the brands are well known enough and put some word out via social sites the donations could rise quickly.
    If Kickstarter makes them a Staff Pick it'd be huge as well. So much of it depends solely on how it's presented.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

What I want to know is this:
    isn't their asking price quite high?
    i don't know much about kickstarter, but i'm pretty sure 55,000 pounds / ~85,000 is a lot to get the game off the ground.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Magee View Post
    i don't know much about kickstarter, but i'm pretty sure 55,000 pounds / ~85,000 is a lot to get the game off the ground.
    It's honestly not a lot of money when it comes to development costs and possible license fees.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

I pledged £50. hope this takes off soon.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Magee View Post
    No. Not at ALL. This is a VERY modest asking price for an indie dev with no prior access to game development sources. I've seen 2D RPG projects ask for half a million.

Ill definitely pledge once I get some cash. Wish they used indiegogo though, if you don't meet your base goal on Kickstarter your project doesn't get any of the money. I'm sure they will though

Really hoping this pans out. Saw a post on their facebook page saying that if each of their fans pledged $2 it would already be over their minimum; it's kind of sick that it might not happen given that reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now