Thread: An open letter to the CAP community

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Default An open letter to the CAP community

Hey heads,

I doubt many of you know of me, as I'm not a super active participant of these here boards for the most part. To say the least, I'm one of your fakeskating brothers none the less. I remember staying up until Midnight one August evening to download the delayed demo of OG, and as a life long skater and gamer, this series became the spine of my freetime.

A couple years back, I still hadn't managed to link my gamertag to my EA profile and was quite content with the cities as they were. Sadly, SV/PC eventually got to the point of that local curb at the grocery store you've sessioned endlessly... Every thing that could be done had been done. I found my favorite gaming experience to become... Tedious. Finding something new to shoot had gone from a challenge to just plain work.

Thanks to some wild hair in my ass, I finally got linked, and immediately filled my bookmarks. Ever since, there's never been a dull moment. I almost regret the time I've dumped into other games for all the work I know I've missed. Some things I swore I would come back to snag one day, others I just missed. I have to say, that buttfur may have been one of the better things to happen.

I won't shamelessly promote it, but to those who don't know, the last four things I've done have been an effort to showcase your work. Hoped to show as many people as my limited reach would what it is you've given us. Hours of work with only props for payment, may as well get more props if they're so well deserved. Five tricks in a park, ten parks at a time. NEVER did any of them feel like a chore, unless I wanted to keep filming and had to move onto the next one...

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all. Even you talented and prolific PS3 camp CAPr's I've tried to ignore so I didn't want what I couldn't skate. EVEN all of you mega-talented PS3r's that are jerks and couldn't be bothered to include the system in your title lines... Thanks for the blue-wheels. Thank you all for breathing life back into this hobby for me, and for anyone else who feels the same way but won't get to thank you themselves. I gave up on the CAP system within an hour of trying my hand at it, I just don't have the talent. The kind of dedication I perceive it taking to get to the level most of you are on is to say the least bloody commendable. The fact that again, you've dumped HOURS into something just so other people can do the same enjoying it for no tangible compensation, noble. As my fakeskating career now has an enddate attached, I couldn't sleep on the chance to let you know what your work means.

To all the talented CAPr's out there, I thank you.

Keep it rollin', keep it Reel.

DonVigo out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

XBL
    x1mmortal

Beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

But what does it mean?
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Stunning. Up there with the best.
    Videos
    Parks
    (Alliance founder. Pandora team member)
    "I can speak and spell Spanish"