Thread: DC Universe Online

Default DC Universe Online

Started playing this game on PC. Its free to play. Theres dumb shit you can buy, but as a free game theres a fuck load of content. Pretty harsh PVP environment. Hard to get to a high level. Get ur ass kicked by other players a lot.

Be nice to have some backup lol

Anyone play this on steam?

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/

searched for a topic. COuld have sworn ive seen it before too. Didnt find nothing but if its already been made, let me know

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I would if all F2P games weren't awful :V
    Seriously though, it's *hard* because the only people that get to high levels are the ones that pay to make it reasonably possible.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

my friend plays this, i was gonna get it, i forgot to though!
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I would if all F2P games weren't awful :V
    Seriously though, it's *hard* because the only people that get to high levels are the ones that pay to make it reasonably possible.
    ur pretty dam wrong about this one

there are some shit that is annoying when it comes to pay membership. cant be in a guild unless you pay. Cant have over 1500 game cash without paying. thats the worst. looked up a work around tho. Buy expensive items and put them in the item bank and sell them when ur ready to go buy more armour. you lose a bit of money and its more work, but its worth it to not pay

and im level 11 now. only have 15 hours in it. You level up fast. and you dont really get much experience from random killing NCPs or other players.

It's all about leveling up doing the story. Pretty much when ur done the story you should be level 30 or at least pretty high. after that theres collecting items, side missions. and just roaming. the map is pretty fuckin big. and PVPing with people ur own level is a blast. When its a fair fight its a lot of fun.

they have a separate server for PvE only. thats vs environment. its the same, but NO player fights. I started there but decided I know ill get my ass kicked some times, but when i am i high level, PvP is gonna be fun as fuck.

and you can get pretty much all the sick looking armours without paying any real money

free to play games just prey on those who get hooked and are too impatient to earn their shit.

easily done in this one
    Last edited by Ayreon; 04-10-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    ur pretty dam wrong about this one

there are some shit that is annoying when it comes to pay membership. cant be in a guild unless you pay. Cant have over 1500 game cash without paying. thats the worst. looked up a work around tho. Buy expensive items and put them in the item bank and sell them when ur ready to go buy more armour. you lose a bit of money and its more work, but its worth it to not pay

and im level 11 now. only have 15 hours in it. You level up fast. and you dont really get much experience from random killing NCPs or other players.

It's all about leveling up doing the story. Pretty much when ur done the story you should be level 30 or at least pretty high. after that theres collecting items, side missions. and just roaming. the map is pretty fuckin big. and PVPing with people ur own level is a blast. When its a fair fight its a lot of fun.

they have a separate server for PvE only. thats vs environment. its the same, but NO player fights. I started there but decided I know ill get my ass kicked some times, but when i am i high level, PvP is gonna be fun as fuck.

and you can get pretty much all the sick looking armours without paying any real money

free to play games just prey on those who get hooked and are too impatient to earn their shit.

easily done in this one
    Trust me man, once you're past level 20 you'll spend days trying to level up once. It's the way EVERY F2P goes. They make you level up relatively quickly at first, and make the introgame stuff fun. Then right when you start enjoying it, they start blasting you with stuff that borderline requires payment. It's a very clever business structure, but deplorable at the same time.

Lol, really?

What exactly do you need to buy to get past lvl 20?

I've looked at the higher end armours. Their like...400 for a chestplate being the most expensive. Seemed pretty reasonable

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Lol, really?

What exactly do you need to buy to get past lvl 20?

I've looked at the higher end armours. Their like...400 for a chestplate being the most expensive. Seemed pretty reasonable
    I'm saying things like EXP boosts, Stat boosts, stuff to keep you afloat mid-game. I want to be wrong about this, but I've played a ton of F2P MMOs before and I've never been happy with the mid-game bait and switch they all seem to pull.

I read forums saying people were unhappy with how quickly you can get to level 30 in this game.

Ive looked at the market place, all it is, is the guild thing you need to pay. some fancy clothes maybe to stand out that I couldnt be bothered with.

There are super rare items u'd have to buy but I couldnt give a shit. Theres plenty of stuff to get that will be able to hold your own against premium members. Except when you run into an organized guild. That's when you run for ur life lol

The only thing thats a piss off is the money thing i mentioned. theres a shitty cap. But as long as your smart its not a problem

edit

the other area they get you in inventory slots. Seems to me there is enough. but for someone who wants to collect rare shit, probably not.

Also you get only 2 character slots. thats enough for me. I highly doubt ill get to level 30 more than twice. I've never been a diehard MMO guy. Hell, this is proably the first one ive put more than 14 hours in.
    Last edited by Ayreon; 04-10-2013 at 03:54 PM.

hey Ay,isn't this that shit Mark and Punk were cracked out on for so long a while back?

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I read forums saying people were unhappy with how quickly you can get to level 30 in this game.

Ive looked at the market place, all it is, is the guild thing you need to pay. some fancy clothes maybe to stand out that I couldnt be bothered with.

There are super rare items u'd have to buy but I couldnt give a shit. Theres plenty of stuff to get that will be able to hold your own against premium members. Except when you run into an organized guild. That's when you run for ur life lol

The only thing thats a piss off is the money thing i mentioned. theres a shitty cap. But as long as your smart its not a problem

edit

the other area they get you in inventory slots. Seems to me there is enough. but for someone who wants to collect rare shit, probably not.

Also you get only 2 character slots. thats enough for me. I highly doubt ill get to level 30 more than twice. I've never been a diehard MMO guy. Hell, this is proably the first one ive put more than 14 hours in.
    Wait is 30 the cap? I was assuming a general 60-100 cap like most games. Jesus.

naw man, the game isnt about leveling up

so there is one step above armour for pvp combat u need dlc for. but really, doesnt bother me.
    im stupid, you can switch from pvp to pve whenever you want lol.

going pve right now and doing the story.

Man im a noob. now that I know that, I cant be angry at those level 30 assholes gunning for me. I have no business in the PVP area yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    hey Ay,isn't this that shit Mark and Punk were cracked out on for so long a while back?
    yes, yes it is lol

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

naw man, the game isnt about leveling up

so there is one step above armour for pvp combat u need dlc for. but really, doesnt bother me.
    im stupid, you can switch from pvp to pve whenever you want lol.

going pve right now and doing the story.

Man im a noob. now that I know that, I cant be angry at those level 30 assholes gunning for me. I have no business in the PVP area yet lol.

yes, yes it is lol
    You know what, I guess I'll give it a shot, you've convinced me it's at least a bit different from most MMOs. I just gotta find some games to uninstall to make space on my hard drive

id look at this

http://www.gamemunition.com/guides/d...or-sets-guide/

explains how the whole armour thing works. you can get tier 3 with no dlc or anything im fairly certian. 4 i think u need dlc but IDK if its that much better.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

id look at this

http://www.gamemunition.com/guides/d...or-sets-guide/

explains how the whole armour thing works. you can get tier 3 with no dlc or anything im fairly certian. 4 i think u need dlc but IDK if its that much better.
    Oh man those look lame, and there's no Aquaman?
    Oh well, I'll still give it a shot

the top teir stuff only looks that crazy.

you can wear any armour, but then choose any style to actually show. could have your dude running around in his underwear

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

the top teir stuff only looks that crazy.

you can wear any armour, but then choose any style to actually show. could have your dude running around in his underwear
    Now THAT I like.

PSN
    SolidMojo

Been playing this back and forth for a few years, shame you didnt get it on ps3 so I couldve helped you out.

If you have a hard time levelling becasuse of high levels killing you just switch phase to PvE phase and you should be set.

P.S Download for ps3!
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

PSN
    SolidMojo

Also, http://www.thedcuobook.com/ for all your DCUO needs.
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

maybe ill get it for ps3 after im tired of my pc character. get it on both, boom, 4 character slots. fuck paying extra hahaha

heres my dude so far. level 15

was kinda going for iron maiden's dude, eddie

edit

gotta get me glowing eyes and change skin colour if i can.