Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty Indie Kids Presents: Just The Tip

XBL
    crni1976

Honestly, I am not really sure where to begin. Still, notes in hand, let's light this sucker up.

First of all, I want to mention that this feature really really comes together as a whole, even though the styles in both skating and filming differ distinctly. Still, everybody brings great clips to the table and the pieces of the puzzle fit together tremendously in the final edit. Damn well done.

I very much enjoyed the overall score, yet Legba, moma and Mark take the cake for me as far as the individual song selection goes. Killer tunes that tailor the vibe of the individual parts to the fullest.

I started out scribbling down some notes containing some of my favorite clips. I soon ran out of space on my little cardboard though, but here is a short rundown of things:

Krispy: loved the ollie to wall and back on the little step-up @ 1.39; the tailslide to FS 270 flip out @ 1.53; the wall ride to 3 flip to fakie @ 1.59; the little container sesh @ 2.18; and that double foot plant ender.

Legba: damn dude, that Hobbit Shire skating and intro is fun and original as f*ck! I also loved the first angle on that sunscreen grind @ 3.54; the truck hood grind to 3 flip out and truck blunt slide @ 4.04; the smith to lip to fakie @ 4.15; the nosegrind to crooked nosegrind @ 4.33; that smith to drop @ 5.18; and bombdrop ender which will get you that title of Spiderman.

Goat: very much liked the up close camera and angles, I think it suited the vibe and pace of the song. Favorites include the BS 180 to smith on the bench; the double noseslide @ 5.57; the BS nose to 270 heel to 50-50 @ 6.24; the FS lip to noseblunt slide @ 6.32; and car flip @ 6.36.

Sk8terboy: that nollie to tail to smith @ 6.48 is sweet! Add the half cab to FS noseslide to fakie nosegrind @ 7.10. I can't decipher the next part of my notes, which pretty much means I will have to check out the Monk part again as well :-s

moma: mos def my favorite part of this feature since it simply is that tight and downright impeccable overall. Nothing but favorites but if pressed I'd say the FS lip to pole tap or whatever that is @ 11.26; the low smith to BS 180 out @ 11.39; that crazy ass gap @ 11.45; those fucking INSANELY cool powerslides to tail or noseslide, I can't even figure it out anymore; the grind up and down that little parking lot pole @ 12.08; and plenty of other stuff that I was too baffled to take note of.

DaaGoon: overall tremendous skating as well and some beautiful camera angles to boot. I remember several tremendous double grinds (15.04!); the amazing filming and angle on that flip to smith grind on the rail @ 14.16 if I am not mistaken; numerous awesome quarry and other ungrindables; that nollie flip to fakie manual @ 15.20; outright stellar angles on the nosegrind @ 15.34 and that ender absolutely is one of the most beautiful and realistic fake skate captures I have ever seen. It had me howling man.

And then there is Mark. By the time I got to your part I had nothing left to take notes on, but what can I say. I love that early Maiden song and I think it fitted the vibe and pace of your skating very well, especially the way it builds and builds. So many crazy ass gaps that you left me wondering how the hell you pick up the speed to clear some of these suckers, amazing. Also, your filming stands apart; usually I prefer it up close and in your face, but here I think it goes down well and adds to the brewing climax, with that killer ender. Beautiful work man, beautiful.

Pardon me if my description of things might be a bit off, but at this point everything I wrote down is just one big mess. I know someone pulled off a blistering nosegrind on a kinked rail that almost knocked me out and had me hollering, but I can't even remember who it was at this point. Maybe DaaGoon?

I think I will watch it again. I look forward to watch it again, since it's damn good. Great work Gentlemen. Know that I typed this letter by letter on my iPad, which honestly speaking, is a bitch.

Out.
    Last edited by crni1976; 05-14-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Steam
    MakeshiftOddity
    PSN
    MakeshiftOddity
    XBL
    MakeshiftOddity

Don't stop until you're balls deep.

^Get psyched to be here.^

Steam
    Monkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by crni1976 View Post
    I can't decipher the next part of my notes, which pretty much means I will have to check out the Monk part again as well :-s
    :-(

In a constant state of being pulled down to HELL!!!
    Steam
    Captain Dionysus
    PSN
    Never
    XBL
    Mark Murderous
    Wii
    Why? Is there a Skate It Community?

Thats good news Monk.
    @ Everyone. I wanna thank you for all your reviews and support. I can't wait to put out another video. Most think this is the end, but to me it's just another chapter in the community as a whole.

XBL
    crni1976

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    :-(
    My favorites include the half cab to feeble down the rail, the footplant fingerflip, delicious double grinds, dope dancing, stale to smith down the rail, tailslide to 270 out, and tranny footplant to tail. Great stuff man.
    Last edited by crni1976; 05-17-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Fluckit Master

Haven't seen it all yet, but so far sk8erboy killed it.

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

I would really like to see this again if anyone has a file
    BREAST MILK MADE ME STRONG

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

youtube killed it. i'm sorry i dont have it anymore. i wish i did. your part was good

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

life is sad. I don't even remember it.

Steam
    Monkadelic

man talk about a thread ressurection.. I think I DL it when it was uploaded but cant find it cuz i have HDD everywhere..
    I do have my part in it on youboob. here it is

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    man talk about a thread ressurection.. I think I DL it when it was uploaded but cant find it cuz i have HDD everywhere..
    I do have my part in it on youboob. here it is

still crazy still goon

Yeah my part is still up.
    Maybe you can piece it together E.
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

I'm so sad i didnt get my part hahahah. damn youtube. but its still amazeballs to see everyone's

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

I uploaded mine as well. I kinda feel bad. I lost a lot of my videos when I monetized my channel. So many copyright claims.

Steam
    Monkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    I uploaded mine as well. I kinda feel bad. I lost a lot of my videos when I monetized my channel. So many copyright claims.

dude alot of my old shit is muted from WMG those lame asses and I dont give a rats ass about money on youtube. recent alot of them have just let the music go and the ads roll on my stuff.. and thats cool. I disputed some old old ones today i looked through that was muted.. if not.. all my shit is still up on vimeo... INCLUDING the 411VM's :P

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

I really don't expect much from it. Not try Trying to make it a thing. I just qualified so I figured fuck it.

In a constant state of being pulled down to HELL!!!
    Steam
    Captain Dionysus
    PSN
    Never
    XBL
    Mark Murderous
    Wii
    Why? Is there a Skate It Community?

Man I miss this. I was just going through the old STD videos and was looking for this to complete my nostalgia collection.