Thread: Correct trick names.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seeing the Light

[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilburr View Post
    for it to be a lip the part of the board popping has to go over the rail or ledge, if it doesn't, it's not a lip
    The only think you have to remember for lip slides is the BACK truck. If the back truck goes over the rail first, it's a lipslide. That applies for the switch, nollie, fakie and regular. BUT! When riding fakie, your back truck will be at the front. I hope that makes sense.

If you REALLY want I'll write out a long-as-fuck message for you
    I'd actually love to read this.

Gnarly-(Nar-lee) Adj. A term meaning bad, horrible, or sketchy. "Man that's some gnarly paint on that house."

Pusher- (Pusher) Noun. A kid that talks about skating and how good he is, but won't go skating with you or your friends. "Dude Ethan is such a pusher, he always talks like he's big and bad."

Noggles- (Nog-gels) Noun. When you lightly tap your nuts, not hard enough to hurt but enough to scare you. "Ahhhh noggles!"

Diamondz- (Die-Mond-s) Adj. A super smooth or perfectly executed trick. "Man that kickflip was diamondz."

Ass Knife-(Ass Nif) Noun. When you mess up a trick and the board comes up and sticks you in the butt. "Dude Josh looked like he was enjoying that ass knife."

Bro-(Bro) Noun. A fellow skater or friend. "Hey, meet my bro Bobby."

Dude-(Dude) Noun. See above.

Smooth-(Smoo-th) Adj. A trick that is performed above normal standards, but not quite diamondz. "Man that nooseslide was smooth."

Sketchy-(Sket-chee) Adj. A trick that needs some work, or looked not so nice. "Man that boardslide was sketchy."

Piss-Peadaling- (Piss Ped-ul-ing) Noun. The act of pumping mongo. "Dude Ryan is piss peadaling."

Mongo-(Mon-go) Noun. Pumping with your front foot instead of back, also called piss peadaling. "That skater was pumping mongo."

Sick-(Sik) Adj. Meaning awesome, skillful, or sweet. "Dude that half-cab over that nine set was sick!"

Set-(Set) Noun. A set of stairs. "Man you just ollied that twelve set!"

Kinked-(Kink-d) Noun. A rail with bumps in it. "Did he just 50-50 that double kink?"

Suspect-(sus-pect) Adj. When a picture looks like the skater didn't actually land it. "Jimmy's pics are totally suspect."

Barrel-(Bare-ul) Noun. A fat chick. "Man check out the size of that barrel."

Donut Shop-(Do-nut Shop) Noun. Cops. Pigs. Bacon. "Man here comes the donut shop."

Session-(Sesh-un) Noun. A time that you go out and skate. "Dude let's go bust out a J-Town session."

Bail-(Bay-L) Verb. The act of falling off your board. "Man he had to bail on the huge kicker."

Locals-(Lo-kals) Noun. The kids that frequently session an area that you're in. "The locals showed me some sick spots."

Mobbed-(mob-D) Adj. A not so great trick. "Man my heelflips are mobbed."

B.G.P.'s-(B.G.P.'s) noun. Background props, when your in the background of a photo. "Man mark has some mad B.G.P.'s"

B.G.L.-(B.G.L.) Noun. Background Loser, some always getting B.G.P.'s. "Dude Mark is a hardcore B.G.L."

Dag-(daag) Interjection. An expression that can mean anything. "Dag that was sweet!"

Airfeet-(Air-feet) Adj. When your feet come completely off the board when ollieng something. "Jared had some sick airfeet over those five boards."

Tricktionary-(Trik-shun-air-e) Noun. A bag of tricks so sick they need to be catalogued. "Dude bobby is doin' some mad shit out of his tricktionary."

chode-(ch-o-Duh) Noun. A crusty piece of poop on your butt. also an inslut. "Dude Jason is such a chode."

Hammer gloves-(HaM-MER GLUV-S) nOUN. gLOVES WORE WHILE SKATING TO PROTECT YOUR HANDS. "dUDE HES A PANSY WEARING THOSE HAMMER GLOVES."

Nups-(n-ups) Noun. When someone out performs your tricks. "Man why does Nick always have to bust out his nups?"

B.E.V.-(B.e.v.) noun. Birds eye view, used when taking pictures or videos. "Hey Donald, climb that baskball pole and get a B.E.v. for this kickflip."

Mellow- (mel-o) adj. To be calm and relaxed. "Hey don't get pissed Mellow out man."

Hamster- (Ham-stur) Adverb. A replacement for the word fuck, usually used around rents or cops. "hamster this place im out."

Trippy- (Trip-pee) Adj. Something crazy that messes with your head. "That necklace is totally trippy."

Schralped- (Shh-ral-pt) verb. To remove a few layers of skin from your body. "Dude i totally schralped my ass hardcore."

Ill- (ill) Adj. A synonym for sick. "Man that is an ill board."

Down- (Dow-n) Adj. To be in with whatever is happening. "Are you down with that?"

Old School- (old skool) Noun. Ancient art of skateboarding using fishtail boards and lots of grab tricks. "Dude that boni-oni is hardcore old school."

Technical- (Tek-nik-ul) Noun. New skateboarding, combining many tricks. "Rodney Mullen busts out serious technical skating.

Tangent- (Tan-gent) noun. When you start ranting about something for a while. "Man we got off on some stupid tangent about knees."

Flip Flop- (Flip Flop) Noun. Someone who doesn't know who they are and tries to be multiple things. "John is such a flip-flop, he doesn't know whether to be a prep or a skater."

Props- (props) Adj. Respect to someone. "Man You get mad props for that skill."

On the hook- (on the hook) Phrase. Meaning uncool, or lame. "Dude that shirt is so on the hook."

Off the Hook- (Off the hook) Phrase. Meaning way cool, sweet. "Man that is off the hook, where'd you get them sweatpants?"

Fetus- (fee-tus) Noun. An unborn baby, also a major insult. "Danny is such a Hamster Fetus."

Street- (st-ree-t) Adj. Type of skating involving curbs, rails, and pyramids, also done on the streets. "Street skating is the only way to go."

Vert- (Vert) Adj. Type of skating involving half-pipes. "Bob is a major vert skater."

Yoinker- (yoink-er) Noun. SOmeone that steals other peoples stuff and has no original ideas. "John is such a yoinker, he can't come up with anything on his own."

Sheep- (shee-p) Noun. A person that follows others just to be cool. "Dude this place is full of sheep."

Punk- (punk) Noun. Derived from punk rockers, typicaly listening to punk rock, and associated with skaters. "Jay is so punk, i mean he didn't used to listen to rap, like other people he knows."

Missle Tip- (miss-ul Tip) Noun. When your board's nose becomes angled and pointy, usually from bad kickflips. "Holy crap bobby, that board has a major Missle tip."

Crazy Texan- (Cra-Z Tex-N) Phrase. A person that goes psycho on their board and throws it around a lot. "Dude he's going crazy Texan all out."

Betty- (Bet-T) Noun. An extremely hot girl. "yea jaime is such a betty."

Grindage- (Gr-ind-ige) Noun. Good food, like pizza. "Jared you wanna go get some grindage?"

Toeside- (T-o-siduh) Noun. The side of your board your toes face to. "Grab the board toeside."

Heelside- (He-ul-siduh) Noun. The side of your board your heels face. "Grab the board heelside."

Knuckle Dragger- (nuck-ul Drag-gur) Noun. A person that always touches the ground or obstacle during or after a trick. "Man Jimmy is such a knuckle dragger."

Letter In Mailbox- (Let-ter in maal-box) Phrase. A really bad wedgie. "Jared theres a letter in your mailbox."

Stoked- (sto-k-t) verb. To be really excited about something. "Man i'm so stoked about going to the skatepark."

Nus- (n-us) adjective. When someone is spaced out or not paying attention. "man you look totally nussed."

Rasta- (Raa-Stuh) Noun. Short for Rastafarian, a skater who is known for high ollies, being totally laid back, and having sufficient pot smoking skills. "Dude check out that group of rasta's"

Nutted- (nut-ted) Verb. To land on your nuts... "He just nutted himself on that massive handrail"

Noob- you

Blazing a Trail

haha

i feel like some of you are bringing a lot of bullshit to the discussion.
    Last edited by Slamooh; 05-23-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Seeing the Light

Hahaha. Epic. Although I was expecting it to more about that Fakie/lipslide/vert conversation.

I know less about skateboarding after reading this thread.
    likebuttermag.com
    XBL: BladderBoy
    PSN: TheLikeButterGuy
    Steam: monthackma

i give my tricks human names, like hurricanes. i dont mean i call any trick a hurricane, that wouldnt be legit. i call them Irene and Carol and Diane and shit like that. and switch tricks get a mans name