Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
There is ALWAYS a 3rd Choice!

If you are committing to the PS4 or the Xbox One right now, then you are an absolute fucking idiot with too much money.
Both of them had lackluster presentations from basic industry tools.
Neither company has fully clarified their systems and requirements.
E3 in a couple weeks will give a little bit more insight into the respective systems, but don't expect the second coming.
The current launch titles are extremely weak and the shining ones are multi-system and current gen.
The systems are roughly equal in horsepower via current knowledge, but that honestly tells near to nothing except how many bouncing balls appear on screen.
When we get solid gameplay, detailed system specs, application utilities, launch dates, full launch library details, and a price, THEN you can make a real decision.
Well... THAT, and...

I'm going to wait about a year before I bother to decide. Honestly, I was too broke to do so myself or I would have rushed out to get the 360 on launch, and EVERY single one of my friends who could got burned. RRoD like a MF. I waited a bit, saved some coin, and honestly made my choice based on the libraries the systems had built over that first year or so. Got an Elite as I'd read that was the one with a fix for the heat sycnh, and that's where I've been since. I plan to see how E3 pans out, and wait a solid year and see how the market plays out. Letting the world guinea pig things for you spares you a lot of that new-product hype shock when games like SimCity happen. Maybe it's a function of age, maybe I just know I'll still be getting new shit for my 360 for at least another year and could probably still re-play a few games in my library once it dies down to b-list games... But waiting is my option.

My best guess is: Xbox One. Not a fanboy, but Sony didn't win me over last round, just going on that for speculation.