Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you plan on getting a xbox one DONT DO IT

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

Default If you plan on getting a xbox one DONT DO IT

This is why

Xbox Requires an internet connection. Here’s how it works: Every 24 hours your Xbox will try to connect to Microsoft’s servers for verification. If it is unable to connect, sucks to be you. You’re blocked from playing even single player games until it can connect.

Source: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-requ...ay-o-509164109

Do you like renting games, lending them to a friend, or even borrowing them from a friend? No longer possible. Every Xbox One game you get must be registered to your Xbox live account to be played. After that point it will only work for you. No one else can use it unless they pay a fee. Essentially it works like this. You pick up a used Xbox One game from somewhere or someone, pop it into your console. The system verifies it’s been registered to your account. Uh-oh, it isn’t! In order to play it, you have to pay Microsoft a fee, which is currently slated to be full retail price. Doesn’t matter how scratched up it is or how cheap you got it at gamestop or from a friend. You aren’t just buying the physical copies anymore. You’re paying Microsoft for a LICENSE to be allowed to play that game.

It is worth mentioning Microsoft is exploring ways for you to trade in and resell your used games. This is rumored to mean that you can sell your digital license to play the game (registration) back to microsoft, likely for microsoft points. You can then trade in the game at gamespot for some cash if you like. Either way, as it currently stands, the new owner would still have to pay a fee on top of the price of actually buying the physical copy.

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/05...-retail-price/

Is it worth mentioning that Microsoft if shafting Indie Developers as well? Where as on Playstation Network or (whatever the Wii has) Indie Developers can self publish their content easily. Playstation even encourages this. Microsoft however forces these Indie Devs to enter publishing deals with them to be allowed to market their content. You don’t go through them, you don’t get to sell what you developed.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...sh-on-xbox-one

I’m not quite done yet! Now, I’m sure you heard a lot about “TV TV TV TV SPORTS TV TV SPORTS SPORTS TV.” Yes, the Xbox is slated to be able to stream live tv, live sports, etc. So let me ask you this. You obviously already have something like cable or DirecTV. Do you really want to shell out hundreds of dollars more and pay a monthly subscription fee to have another television provider? Yes, I said hundreds of dollars, and I don’t mean the cost of the console. To view live TV from the Xbox you are required to purchase ANOTHER separate device for it to work. Why would you even consider shelling out more money for something you already have anyway? Even if you didn’t, DirecTV is cheaper. Or you could even subscribe you Hulu.com and watch live tv on your computer. FOR MUCH CHEAPER. You essentially have to buy another cable box if you don’t have one. And if you do… what do you need the Xbox One for?

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox...parate-device/

So far we’ve discovered that the Xbox One is not really a gaming console, at least… not a consumer friendly gaming console. It’s being marketed as an all-in-one home entertainment system. Something to replace all of the other devices in your house. But there are drawbacks even to that. Put on your tin foil hats for this part folks. Take from it what you will, all I’ll say is… possibilities…

The Xbox One’s features will not function unless the Kinect is plugged in and active. This is not an optional piece anymore.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...inect-attached

So imagine your Kinect piece breaks? Tough luck, no more Xbox for you. But you know what’s worse?

Pay attention, because this is important. The Kinect is always watching. Always listening. Even when the system is off.

Yes. One of the ways to turn the system on is to audibly say: “Xbox On” while the system is off. The Kinect, which is always on, hears you and turns it on. Now this might seem like a cool feature, but did you know Microsoft patented a feature that would allow the Kinect’s camera (It’s no longer just a sensor, but a camera) to spy on you for the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America?) While they may not actually do this, it is actually possible for them to do this now. It has a camera, and a microphone. The Kinect is always on. It is ALWAYS listening, ALWAYS watching.

An idea has been tossed around that by using this feature, it will allows game developers and movie produces to set a limited amount of how many people can be allowed to view the entertainment. So as a hypothetical example, you and three friends are watching a movie, which is the maximum allowed. A fourth friend enters the room and the Kinect’s sensor registers the fourth individual. The movie stops and you a prompted to pay a fee so that the extra individual may also view the film. Again, that is NOT currently the case, but these are the ideas currently being tossed around with the system’s current capabilities.

Source for listening: http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/43...ways-listening

Source of spying: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/13...u-for-the-mpaa

Now, just two more things and I’ll be done here!

This isn’t really a good or bad thing, but it’s annoying. It also explains how they can prevent you from playing a used game if you didn’t pay their fee. Xbox one no longer plays games off the discs, you HAVE to install them to the hard-drive in order to play them. I believe PS3 also has you do this (on a number of games but not always it seems), except that PS3 isn’t trying to Nickle and Dime you at every corner. It also seems according to this article there is something related to the Online portion at the beginning of this post. The option is there for Developers to require the Xbox to always be online to play their particular game. Well, it seems PC gamers and console gamers have one thing in common now… DRM.

(At least pirates on PC can bypass DRM easily. Not an option for Consoles.)

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/43...-game-installs

And last but not least, another annoyance… Xbox One will not be compatible with any and all current headsets. Nope, companies will either have to make new headsets altogether specifically for the Xbox One, and they have to adhere to what Microsoft wants. Look forward to price gouging.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...aming-headsets

Oh, one more thing… If you have an Xbox 360, don’t get rid of it. Why? Well if you want to keep playing your old 360 games you’ll need it. The Xbox One isn’t backwards compatible. At all. Not only that, but President of Microsoft’s Xbox Division Don Mattrick insults the very notion of backwards compatibility! He calls it: “Backwards thinking.”

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/43...s-compatibilty

Source of insult: http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/435...g-don-mattrick

That is all I have to say currently folks, and I hope you took the time to read this far. I’ll conclude with the following… please… PLEASE do not buy this console. Paying for this supports greedy and anti-consumer business practices. Speak with your wallet, and pass up the Xbox One. No matter what games it might have that you want, even if they are exclusive. Do the right thing and make a statement. Refuse to be nickle and dimed like this. Refuse to be seen as a mindless consumer who will buy anything tossed to them.

We won’t know much else until after E3, but as it stands now, the PS4 or a decent gaming PC is the best way to go.

If you are willing to do so, please spread this post around. Liking is not even remotely necessary, but do please share it if you agree with and acknowledge what you’ve read here. The more people know, the fewer of them waste their money.

Thank you, kindly.

~Dylan Jordan
    BREAST MILK MADE ME STRONG

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Thank you for this. That is all.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Quote Originally Posted by KRiSPY_ENJOISK8R View Post
    The Kinect is always watching. Always listening. Even when the system is off.
    This is fuckin insane and pretty much the main reason i won't touch it

XBL
    crni1976

Thanks for posting. I haven't seen the Xbox One presentation yet, but reading this I have to admit that there seem to be several valid reasons for not picking one up.

XBL
    WvZie

Am I the only one who thinks that that Kinect eye thingie is freaking scary?! I mean, your Xbox has to be online all the time, together with your Kinect with mic.
    So when some guys start to hack Xboxes they know exactly what's happening in your home. Not even mentioning microsoft who can spy on you 24/7.

Youtube: youtube.com/FanaticWuZie
    Xbox gamertag: WvZie
    "Objectivity is key"

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

yeah i probably will not be getting the xbox one DESPITE how tempting forza 5 is looking

also i thought this was hilarious
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...box-one-reveal

it's just wrong, so wrong, isn't that shit illegal, crossing privacy laws? They've just gone insane.. They forgot that they're making this for US and not for themselves

I've read that some of these points were merely 'scenarios' and not confirmed.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...r-offline-play

Regardless on that matter, xbox is practically doing everything gamers did not want, where the hell is their selling point? An all-in-one entertainment system, what a laughable concept. I hope they rectify all these blatant, greedy, maneuvers at E3 or they will be doomed. Fuckheads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Fluckit Master

Fuck xbox one. I don't want a gaming console that ain't focused on games, but instead in home entertainment and better tv experience. And fuck no I ain't gonna have a cam in my livingroom spying on me while the console is turned off.

PS4 all the way!

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

A lot of this hasn't been confirmed.

Pre-owned games you won't have to pay a fee on, but borrowing one off your mates you will. They said it's not always online, so can't see it having to have a connection every 24 hours. Whats the point.

They have hardly touched on the games. As much as they should of in the reveal, they will at E3. It will still be a games console, we just haven't seen or heard anything on it yet.

A lot of rumours, a lot of decisions being made by customers when we haven't heard nearly enough about either console to make a decision.

Not believing anything until it comes from Microsoft.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by bengrover View Post
    A lot of this hasn't been confirmed.

Pre-owned games you won't have to pay a fee on, but borrowing one off your mates you will. They said it's not always online, so can't see it having to have a connection every 24 hours. Whats the point.

They have hardly touched on the games. As much as they should of in the reveal, they will at E3. It will still be a games console, we just haven't seen or heard anything on it yet.

A lot of rumours, a lot of decisions being made by customers when we haven't heard nearly enough about either console to make a decision.

Not believing anything until it comes from Microsoft.
    The 24 Hour connection thing was confirmed, but I agree with you to a point.

Microsoft is fucking us.

It's not looking good, but if they can turn it around by the release date, I might consider getting one. But for now it looks like I'm getting a PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

I would love for Microsoft to 'confirm' all that stuff themselves. If they don't answer our questions, then I'm not buying the console to find out myself. PS4 just seems like the more right decision. Besides, it's been confirmed that PS4 is more powerful anyway. My money goes to the higher quality.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

AMD is the real winner of the console wars anyway... their graphics cards are used on all 3 new consoles.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

PSN
    nigarachi_sijupo

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    AMD is the real winner of the console wars anyway... their graphics cards are used on all 3 new consoles.
    graphic shaphic graphics arent really the reason i want to get a ps4 its mainly the games
    BREAST MILK MADE ME STRONG

LB is like a pedophile playground, either old bastards or little kids.. -adda

I'll wait for the SEGA Genesis 2.
    Playing dat Sonic 06...

Welp, it's going to disappoint lots of people.
    The only good thing consoles had on it's own was the whole "share your games" thing. PC doesn't have that, which makes it more appealing to other people to buy.
    Now that Microsoft went really arrogant with this (seriously, how arrogant can you be?) to charge people!

The ram of the Xbone is also a huge let down. DDR3? seriously? How the hell are you going to call it a "next-gen" console if you have slow ass memory, which around 3 GB was going to be used for the system if I was correct?

It looks like they really went "safe" for making this. Focussing on their biggest selling points NFL and CoD.
    Sure alot of people bought the console only for those two things, but the biggest mistake for them is thinking that everyone else wants this as well.
    I understand from their point, but the charging, the kinect and everything else.

Now Sony has to do a couple of things and then Xbone will be finished, first of all sony confirmed that it won't be always online
    Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-ru...report-6408071

This is already step one in their favor, Playstation Plus was also already cheaper than Xbox Live, also considering how many games you get for free too.
    If they down the price of it now, or something even better, it's done for Microsoft.

Sue sucks.

But yeah she's right.

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    it's just wrong, so wrong, isn't that shit illegal, crossing privacy laws? They've just gone insane.. They forgot that they're making this for US and not for themselves
    You ever read the microsoft terms of service when you sign up for xbox live? You sign away a lot of rights just by agreeing to it, and if any of this always online stuff is even halfway true, you can bet that if you don't accept their new terms for xbox1, you won't get to play at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

I haven't really closely followed any of this whole xbox one crap, and I'm not into the technological side of things, but pretty much my feelings on this new console from what I've heard or read so far is that it's the worst idea that they could possibly come up with.
    Last edited by InsideManager; 05-26-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Xbox disabled the comments on their YouTube. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    LOL I gotta see this, karma is a bitch.

I just checked, all of their videos have comments disabled, maybe it was always that way though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I just checked, all of their videos have comments disabled, maybe it was always that way though.
    No, I've been checking their videos for the past week. I saw the comments. They disabled all of the comments to make it look like they do it regularly.

And they got a lot of fucking dislikes haha. Damn. I wonder what's being said in the MS offices right now.

Are you guys lookin at the IGN PS4 vs Xbox One polls? It's a YouTube poll. Last time I checked, PS4 is winning by 20,000. Fuckin A.
    Last edited by MarcoPoloUSN; 05-26-2013 at 06:31 PM.

haha that's just sad, that shows even more how incompetent and completely clueless they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HgsIf-ps4

^ Not only is it sad that the video is overwhelmed with dislikes, but the end of the url is ps4.....

IM GETTING AN XBOX ONE FUCK YOU GUYS HAHAHAHH!!

sarcasm
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Germany and Australia is considering banning the Xbox1 on the grounds of they feel it's breaching privacy boundries.
    http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/pri...sted-nightmare
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/30610/...zBCPxHGKJD0.99

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

turn one degree and walk away

In a constant state of being pulled down to HELL!!!
    Steam
    Captain Dionysus
    PSN
    Never
    XBL
    Mark Murderous
    Wii
    Why? Is there a Skate It Community?

microsoft is just wanting to see us all play in the nude. If I wanna play skate with my hand on my dick thats my business kinect. Remember back in the day, that demo of the little boy, that can feel real emotions? It's finally happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Murderous View Post
    microsoft is just wanting to see us all play in the nude. If I wanna play skate with my hand on my dick thats my business kinect.
    Before I decide on whether I should buy one, would it be possible for me and Mark to virtually double duch rudder using this technology?

In a constant state of being pulled down to HELL!!!
    Steam
    Captain Dionysus
    PSN
    Never
    XBL
    Mark Murderous
    Wii
    Why? Is there a Skate It Community?

apparently I can insert things into the top of the tv, and you can get it too

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Murderous View Post
    apparently I can insert things into the top of the tv, and you can get it too

Then the only question left is, how big is the hole?

XBL
    TheDietTea

It's not even a console?
    BigBrother Cams?
    What the hell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HgsIf-ps4

^ Not only is it sad that the video is overwhelmed with dislikes, but the end of the url is ps4.....
    conspiracies...

Fluckit Master

Definitely not touching this console.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    Definitely not touching this console.
    touch it...
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Fluckit Master

only if you force me..

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    only if you force me..
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    yeah i probably will not be getting the xbox one DESPITE how tempting forza 5 is looking

also i thought this was hilarious
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...box-one-reveal
    F5 will be on 360 also
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter