y0 dudes,

After 3 weeks of studying (sitting behind my desk) for my exams I'm finally done with school (finished off highschool ).
This Tuesday I finally went outside and I actually saw the sun for the first time, so I decided to pick up skateboarding
I have never skateboarded before (well... when I was 8 yrs old maybe, with a board like xD).
I bought this board after watching some youtube tutorials on how to pick a board for beginners (this board is 8 inch wide (I have big feet, and I was told it's more stable for beginners) 31.8 inch long.
I got my board on thursday, and I've been practising for two days now for a couple of hours each day (after work).
Have been practising basic turning (leaning) and simple kickturns, braking with my foot next to the board, braking with my foot on the tail (still losing my balance often though, so I'm not that comfortable with that yet), and mostly pushing.
Today was the second day of praticing, and I'd love to know how you guys started. I think it's a shame I'm starting so late (I'm 18 years old now) as I enjoy learning to skate a lot as of now.
I'd love to now in what order you guys learned skateboarding, and just an approximate of how long it took you to feel comfortable on a skateboard
And how you learned skatboarding in general (for instance: I've been watching a lot of tutorials on youtube n stuff, and I'm trying it later).

Thanks in advance for helping me out