Thread: State Of Decay (Xbox Live Arcade Game)

Default State Of Decay (Xbox Live Arcade Game)

I'm loving every bit of this game so far, glitches n' all, there is just a ton to do and explore. Never, have I ever, played a game where you could enter almost every single building, I've only found one that you can't go in, so far. I don't care so much for the zombie part, but the game wouldn't be nearly as appealing without them. I have a pretty huge distaste for zombies because nearly everyone who claims to be a fucking nerd in this town thinks the idea of a 'zombie apocalypse' is the greatest thing ever! The open world and scavenging everything in it is what appeals to me, a fuck ton! I'm just wondering what you guys think about the game, i'll answer whatever questions you have about it, if you're not ready to decide on purchasing it anyway. There is NO MULTIPLAYER, that seems to be the main concern that people have with it. They've said several times on their twitter that they will try their best to add co-op, at least, to this game. The game would be a lot more fun with other people, but that doesn't take away even the slightest amount of joy to be had playing this game by yourself. Thoughts? Opinions? Questions? Random Wiltzuh Babble? Go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I've only tried the trial version so far and seems like an amazing game. I first heard of it through the guys at IGN when they made a video about it. Was so stoked on it haha I generally like zombie games, and the idea of scavenging for survival and everything seemed like something I'll like in a game for sure. The map seems pretty big as well, especially for an arcade game. Didn't have the chance to explore it much or even play it all that much, but will definitely buy it whenever I'll have more time to play video games.

XBL
    x1mmortal

Pretty much the closest thing to DayZ for consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

sounds like my kind of game,is it only on the box?

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by m.seven View Post
    sounds like my kind of game,is it only on the box?
    Nope... you'll have to get a box to enjoy this one. haha

that sucks..well getting my copy of The Last of Us today will make me feel better

XBL
    x1mmortal

that sucks..well getting my copy of The Last of Us today will make me feel better
    Lucky bastard.
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i'm almost done with borderlands 2 so i went out to get a ms point card so i could get this game and i came home with tomb raider instead. i don't know what my problem is. i really want to play this game

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

i played this a bit. i found a bookbag in a bookbag once. i was pretty satisfied.
    SHOOT TO TICKLE!!

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

I've been thinking about getting this but I'm more interested in open world exploring and scavenging than managing friendships and safehouses, is there a large focus on that kind of thing? I saw in some gameplay that people get angry and need to be talked to and BS like that makes me seem meh on it. It looks great though, I've also heard something about how it randomly spawns or changes or something everytime you play? Any idea what that is? I mean do like the random items tou scavenge change every time you play or vehicle locations or what? Also lastly is it all story driven or is there room to free roam and just have fun killing zombies and finding stuff?

The scavenging is the best part man, I fucking love exploring every nook and cranny of each and every building. Sometimes a member of your little civilization will get everyone else upset and you need to take him out to bring morale back up, it's not that bad 'cause it gives you a chance to have someone back you up and you can take that person to help you with other stuff. You'll find yourself in some tight situations where you'd wish you had another person to help out. Back to the scavenging, if you don't go around looking for resources, you'll end up dead, along with your entire base. You have to go out and explore the world to find materials, ammo, medical supplies, each and every single time you boot up the game. The people at the base use a daily amount of it, that's why it's so vital. I haven't experienced any severe changes, but the game continues even after you turn it off, a couple people may end up missing and you'll have to recover them later or some may just be dead, it doesn't say why people die though, which annoys me because I have no idea how to prevent it from happening to the others. The story is very lackluster type stuff, there is one, but it's just bad. The voice acting is decent, but whoever wrote the script did a terrible job. You'll find yourself not giving a shit about it after five minutes of playing, just the interesting mission every now and then to move the game along more. One great thing about this is that ALL cars stay exactly where you left them, unless you didn't touch them to begin with, then they are just exactly where they've always been. I'll find myself in a shit car after running over too many zombies and realized I parked a nice car in the back of some house and just go back there and grab it. Let me know if any of that sounded confusing to you, I can see that this post i'm about to make is already long as fuck, but hopefully not that bad.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

I want this shit on PC right now

I bet its going to have a pretty good modding community.

think of all the expansions

shittiest game to date.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by oKwiider View Post
    i played this a bit. i found a bookbag in a bookbag once. i was pretty satisfied.
    all the internets belong to you
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

played through and beat it. everyone dies. spoiler alert. bai
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post
    played through and beat it. everyone dies. spoiler alert. bai
    lmao..I've seen that one already.
    it's the journey,not the destination

usually spoiler alter comes BEFORE the spoiler.

so, theres another to add to my ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    so, theres another to add to my ignore list

rude..
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

how much is this bad boy? I kinda want it.

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

i think its like 20 bucks

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

yeah 20 or 1600msp

yeah its 20, not bad
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Seriously debating spending the last money I have until next paycheck on this jawn. Looks like a console version of DAYZ. (sorta)

Is there a lot of replayability or is the story long enough to satisfy?

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

I just beat it, the credits are rolling as i'm making this reply, the story just blows. I stated above that it is very lackluster and it's sad, but doesn't diminish the experience overall by a lot. I'm going to do another playthrough because I made a few wrong decisions and didn't search everything. I want a playthrough to have the best of the best, basically. I think I put about 20 hours into this first playthrough though, I'd say the story itself only holds about five hours, exploring was the rest. Let's just say if you're interested in the story more then anything else for your gameplay experience, this isn't for you. It's all about exploring, scavenging, building. (whether it's your base or your characters)

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

It's coming to Steam as well. Looking forward to Keyboard+Mouse even if the X360 controller is fine.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/18/st...still-unclear/
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

i fucking died when i tried ot fight a charging zombie. no prompts to get away once he had me....kind of ticked so im starting over. only gripe i have with this shit so far. that an dno 4 player co-op, which this badly needs.
    The likley hood of me playing through multiple times is lessened everyday i hear someone go "oh shit a horde!" and im like "...good luck guy..."
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Bummed lol, I was that Marcus dude, started a game and scavenged tons of sites everywhere, I had a badass hoe weapon and stuff, got tons of influence stocking the supply at my base and then I went to explore this house in the woods at the end of a curved road, it was all abandoned and they said I could setup an outpost, next thing I know I get attacked by a super zombie and now I'm some asshole Ben with no influence and a garden spade...goddammit I wish I knew that you couldn't go back to a last saved point lol, pretty awesome and fun so far.
    Last edited by InsideManager; 06-21-2013 at 11:23 AM.

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

all my people are hurt and tired. i don't know how to heal anyone and no one wants to rest. i am the worst thing to happen to the apocalypse ever. no body has died yet though. i have bitch A who is tired so i switch to bitch B. then i check and bitch A is off doing who knows what the fuck somewhere instead of resting. these people are assholes.
    Last edited by momadaddy; 06-28-2013 at 06:16 PM.

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy