Thread: Buying a complete (need help/advice please)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfsInABox View Post
    Thank you all so much for the great advice and feedback!

I've made a few changes based on what you have all told me. I'm going to switch out the thunders for some independents, seeing as the majority of you find them to work well for you. I had originally planned on getting bones bearings but was kind of wavering on what to choose. I'll be switching to bones though now. As for wheels, I'm having a hard time finding a sort of middle ground for the durometer so I still need a bit of advice as far as that goes. I have changed the wheels from bones with an 83durometer to spitfires with a 99durometer. I'll probably be spending the majority of my time at a skatepark with this board, if that helps.

Here are the changed parts
    http://www.tactics.com/bones-bearing...board-bearings
    http://www.tactics.com/independent/1...cks/silver-139
    http://www.tactics.com/spitfire/ol-d...eels/white-99d

Thanks again for all of your guys' help.
    WHOA WAIT
    BONES ARE HARDER
    BONES ARE 83B
    SPIT 99A

if u convert it into to the a scale it is approx 103 a
    reason they use b scale is on the bones site

*learned this from working at exo skte shop

nice to see ur gona get a board smurfs

and i agree with m7 hobbs that post was dumb

indy are some of the cheapest trucks where i work at
    some thunders are the most expensive
    axle and kingpin nuts always come included

smurfs u should ask ur shop if grip and hardware come included(where i work at jessup black grip and bulk plain hardware is included with any and every board)
    size 8 should be good
    id recommend getting mini logo or bones reds since it is a lot cheaper cost and better price than the diamond

thats pretty much what i gotta say
    yes that is me and tyler the creator

Quote Originally Posted by exoskate89 View Post
    WHOA WAIT
    BONES ARE HARDER
    BONES ARE 83B
    SPIT 99A

if u convert it into to the a scale it is approx 103 a
    reason they use b scale is on the bones site

*learned this from working at exo skte shop

nice to see ur gona get a board smurfs

and i agree with m7 hobbs that post was dumb

indy are some of the cheapest trucks where i work at
    some thunders are the most expensive
    axle and kingpin nuts always come included

smurfs u should ask ur shop if grip and hardware come included(where i work at jessup black grip and bulk plain hardware is included with any and every board)
    size 8 should be good
    id recommend getting mini logo or bones reds since it is a lot cheaper cost and better price than the diamond

thats pretty much what i gotta say
    the more expensive spitfires are nice but i love bones because they dont flat spot so easily. i swear ive ridden spitfire for like 5 out of the 8 years ive skated and all my spitfires get all yellow and small within like a couple months of just me powersliding on flat. i mean if you dont powerslid ethen i guess but usually they get worn down quicker. havent switched back since going to bones, which mine are still white and round even after 4 months.

and theeves are the most expensive and are the lightest but just get indy's. those with bones bearings are golden. i dont like the idy bushing because they are too soft, even though i ride the blue bones bushing which are the softest. its just how they turn i guess.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post
    the more expensive spitfires are nice but i love bones because they dont flat spot so easily. i swear ive ridden spitfire for like 5 out of the 8 years ive skated and all my spitfires get all yellow and small within like a couple months of just me powersliding on flat.
    That's weird that you say spitfires get flatspots easily. I love to pivot/slide some of my tricks like fs flips and 180's/360's and i don't feel the slightest flatspot on my wheels yet... Bought them about 5-6 months ago I'd say, been skating on a regular basis and i don't feel any flatspots whatsoever... Maybe I'm just lucky, or I don't power slide enough haha

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    That's weird that you say spitfires get flatspots easily. I love to pivot/slide some of my tricks like fs flips and 180's/360's and i don't feel the slightest flatspot on my wheels yet... Bought them about 5-6 months ago I'd say, been skating on a regular basis and i don't feel any flatspots whatsoever... Maybe I'm just lucky, or I don't power slide enough haha
    not really about the "feeling" of it so much as its just the wear of the wheel. my spitfires are 3x smaller than what they are now and i had 51 mm. they look like 45 now. they arent wobbly or anything but its just annoying to have that happen after liketwo months of just skating. my bones have been the same since i got them in feburary and ive been skating at least once a week at the very least. of course now with my plantar faciitis i cant do much but i skate when i can. just from my experience, bones seem to retain shape longer.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post
    not really about the "feeling" of it so much as its just the wear of the wheel. my spitfires are 3x smaller than what they are now and i had 51 mm. they look like 45 now. they arent wobbly or anything but its just annoying to have that happen after liketwo months of just skating. my bones have been the same since i got them in feburary and ive been skating at least once a week at the very least. of course now with my plantar faciitis i cant do much but i skate when i can. just from my experience, bones seem to retain shape longer.
    Ah, I get what you mean. But even then, they don't seem like they've worn down all that much. Only difference I notice really is that the logo is wearing off haha but again, it's the first time I bought spitfires actually, so I can't compare them to other spitfire wheels... Some homies swear by that company, so I figured they were decent. In that case, I'll have to try out some Bones wheels next!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    Ah, I get what you mean. But even then, they don't seem like they've worn down all that much. Only difference I notice really is that the logo is wearing off haha but again, it's the first time I bought spitfires actually, so I can't compare them to other spitfire wheels... Some homies swear by that company, so I figured they were decent. In that case, I'll have to try out some Bones wheels next!
    they are pretty good man! i still bakc spitfire, they rip and are super nice on pavement. but these bones ar ejust really durable.

my current set up is

Koston Acid Trip 8''
    Theeve Tiax w/ Blue Bones Bushings (softest)
    Bones Super Redz
    Bones OG 100
    Mob Grip

i have a Haslam double impact for when my girl breaks (no pun intended) but i will always ALWEYZ get Girl boards. i just flow for them...kind of sorta...not really but really.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

things you shouldn't ever buy:
    - Shakejunt/grizzly/coloured grip
    - Tensor trucks
    - a board for the graphics, unless its your size and you like the shape first
    - a longboard

also, support your local shop over a mall shop if you can.