For me i say the baker is definitely a great idea! They have lots of pop for sure, same goes with deathwish! The size seems about right, i just switched from 7.75 to 8.0 and i absolutley love it.

For the thunder trucks, i also agree a lot! Dont get indies, because not only are they not good imo, they get way too much profit. Thunders dont have nearly as much people buying them, just because indies have been around a ton longer.

As for the wheels, are you planning to skate street, or tranny and vert? If you like to skate more ramps and shit, than the softer wheels will most likely enjoy a softer wheel. If you are planning to skate street, than the hard wheels will be better for you. Size 53 is about right, that is what i skate, but size 52 is what most people skate. I completely agree with the decision on getting bones! They are honestly the best wheel ever!

The hardware doesn't really make a difference so sure that is good enough, but im almost positive thunders already come with hardware...

The bearings seem good, never skated those before though. I have heard good things about diamond bearings. I really really prefer bones or rush bearings though, but whatever floats your boat i guess.

Your whole setup seems to fit my standards though except for the loss of griptape! Your gonna want griptape for sure. I suggest Jessup if you dont want new shoes every other two weeks. I suggest mob if you want more grip, but they absolutley kill your shoes. You will find yourself buying new shoes near every 2-3 weeks. Finally there is grizzly, which is a happy medium between both grips! I personally skate either mob or jessup though.

Your setup is overall rad, and you should most likley have some badass fun on that setup!

I am really glad to see a true snowboarder start skating again. I want to hear how you have progressed keep me updated man !!