Thread: Street league (PS3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    x1mmortal

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Let me run down WHY fakeskate contests are stupid.
    In real life, judging a competition can be done in 3 ways. Style, Complexity, and Originality. Simple enough, but still horribly flawed and biased by judges. Skateboarding competitions in general are usually a joke.

In real life, people are limited by physical human limitations. a switch tre down a stair set is impressive. In fakeskating, anything and everything is easy as fuck (on the surface, execution is another story) if you're keeping it realistic. This creates an unfair balance towards preference. Who's to say whether a tweaked hardflip up a 3 set is better than a tre to tail down on a hubba a 9 set? Some kid who joined the community last year and another who joined this month? Who's to say a 360 inward heel 540 down a stairset isn't the winner because "in real life it'd be impressive"?

Who's to say ANYTHING is better than ANYTHING? There's a reason nobody's referred to as the best fakeskater here (seriously, anyway). Fakeskating is IMPOSSIBLE to judge because it's NOT realistic, it's NOT real life, and 100% of it is preference. There's a reason we judge quality here based on filming and editing first and foremost, and tricks second.

The only contests you can do in skate games are emergent versions of S.K.A.T.E. or filming based competitions (even then, horribly flawed in judging on the latter).

Tl;dr if you think you're qualified to judge somebody's fakeskating against another's, you need to get over yourself because nobody has the ability to reasonably do so.

(P.S. Mouthing off to the dude who's done more for the fakeskate community on his slowest day than you've done in your entire time here isn't a good idea, either. He's being harsh because the younguns here need a dose of reality.)
    Holy hell, Luft. I agree with that last part. I remember getting shit from SG when I had the GIFS in my sig and I think I came out better from it.

And Hobbs I know me and you are practically the same age but why are you acting 4 years younger? Fucking ridiculous. And m7 is right to a point, a large part of skate is dead but there are still and always going to people playing it, and even making videos a year from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Awful Awfuls!

street league is wack in general
    GT:themikeskates

does the parks needs dlc?
    psn:ignacio_8492
    youtube:5879jorge
    team: the mega skaters (ps3)

SEEMS LEGIT

XBL
    x1mmortal

Quote Originally Posted by 5879jorge View Post
    does the parks needs dlc?
    probably.
    most if not all park makers here use it on most parks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

XBL
    Yarivpa

I think that the only fakeskate contest which could be a little bit interesting is a mini ramp contest !
    Let the good times roll !

XBL
    RETURNOFDJMACK

I sort think this is a cool idea. I mean its a good way to just skate with friends or skate with different people, wish I could get in on this.
    Youtube:[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/DriftinDmack555"]