Thread: I aint dead solo

Default I aint dead solo

It's done. I had so many problems uploading it. I went to 4 different sites. I finally got WeGame to work but the video got messed up at the beginning. And we game made it look like theres a slight grid on it. I'll fix it if I can at another time...

I learned a lot making this video and ran into countless problems. You guys have given me tons of advice and I am very grateful...

So.... I know that there are some problems in the first 3 clips and the quality is a little cashed. But I'm really sick of even seeing this video now.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/I_Aint_Dead_solo/

any advice on my skating, camera work and editing would be great!
    Back in the saddle?
    Keychain

joshmutiny

the music didn't fit well, at all. also, turn it down and turn the skate sounds up some. the skating and cameras weren't bad at all. i'd get a little closer with some stuff as far as cameras go. and a little less roll up/roll away (i had problems with that, too). but not a bad job, overall.

yea... I just picked a song at the last minute because my first pick had this weird noise goin on that I couldn't figure out. There were a lot of clips I would've moved around now looking back.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Back in the saddle?
    Keychain

Madsser3200

I enjoyed that. Though i wouldent have picked that song. Maybe a slow rock song, but not metal. It doesent fit youre skating style at all. Nice vid alltogether.

aggroman_

I liked the skating. The wallride varial was nice. the boneless over the rail 1:54, and the tricks on the barrel.
    I thought the song choice was pretty good, you just needed to edit the clips to a more rapid-fire pace to keep up with it. Pace/editing was better toward the end when the song went into the bridge/interlude and the finish though.
    The quality is good; even with the 'grid' thing going on; hardly noticable. Its difficult getting reel clips to display properly in 16:9 when uploading. I cant figure out how to get my vids uploaded without distorting the perspective and I end up with black bars on the sides, etc.
    Considering everything, you did a nice job. Thanks for the mention. Keep up the good work and solid improvement.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm getting a lot of new footage pretty fast so I'm just gonna use it for tests non stop until the guys at rotten tell me when my first deadline will be. Hopefully I can get a lot more practice in...
    Back in the saddle?
    Keychain

G Ryin

skating was decent but the video perspective was distracting

i'm just guessing, but it seems like you cropped the skate.reel from 4:3 to 16:9 (cropped black bars out) but then exported your project in 4:3, and then uploaded it as 16:9 (which is why you have pillarbox).

but at some point in your process, those 16:9 skatereel clips got stretched to 4:3 w/o maintaining ratio.

i liked the song tho. and like i said skating was nice.