Thread: My 2nd solo. The Matrix

Amateur Flucker

Default My 2nd solo. The Matrix

http://web.me.com/dstuart3/Skate_2_vids/The_Matrix.html

I know it's not for everyone but I think my filming was better than my first.
    I hope there is a little bit for everyone in here and appreciate any and all feedback
    good or bad.

Here is a youtube version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7XzQOd4ViQ
    Last edited by Stuman; 04-07-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: added another link

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

that 360 kickflip wall footplant thing was kinda cool...

wasn't feeling a lot of the unrealistic stuff...

some nice creative skating with the picnic tables...

i appreciate the tryin to use shaky cam, and b&w. we all had first couple of films. pushin mongo aint gonna get praise although it doesnt bother me at all. Sometimes massive drops to grinds and grinds to grinds dont come off looking good. But you need to figure out what YOU want. If your going for realistic, watch rl videos. Pick someone or some style you like and watch what they do. I watch a lot of Haslam and Mullen vids, but thats the style i like.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Amateur Flucker

Thanks guys. I really watching your guys work so your comments are appreciated. I don't skate in real life so being super realistic is not my style so I know some of my stuff is not everyone's cup of tea. I used a sony cam and filmed from the tv so the quality of the vid isn't the best. I am hopefully going to get a capture card soon.

aggroman_

I had to mute the song because I dislike that band's music; no offense, but thats me. Your filming has gotten better, although a bit shaky at times, exaggerated by the slomo and rewinds. I think the black/white may have started to work against you, as it seemed to reduce the video quality and only worsen the effect of the wobbly camera. Maybe it would have worked better for just the first part of the song and then into color on the first chorus; just a thought. Keep up the hard work.