Thread: Getting Techy Ep #1

Fluckin' Hatchling

Default Getting Techy Ep #1

Hey guys Jason here, With another skate 3 video, My last skate video(Intro to Fakie) was a bit rushed and way to simple, This video on the other hand took some time to actually put together, although it's still on the short side, anyway hope you enjoy and let me know what you think

Too much slow-mo for my taste, but it was all right. I'd say this is a better video I've seen from any other fake videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

this is constructive criticism, and it's from my perspective (everyone can and should skate and film what they enjoy), but i thought there was too much slow-mo. only 6 clips and it's 50 seconds long. i prefer 6 clips to take less than 20 seconds. the slow parts didn't need to be on every trick. save it for the really impressive ones. and they were slow for too long and a little too slow as well. i also didn't see anything real tech. with that title i was expecting a lot of technical, difficult tricks. it was normal tricks, some slightly tech. when i think tech i think daewon stuff, or jamal smith type stuff, or pawn stuff, or demz stuff with beautiful animations with subtle little rewards that make you think "how did he do that?"

like i said, it's just my opinion.

cheers.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    this is constructive criticism, and it's from my perspective (everyone can and should skate and film what they enjoy), but i thought there was too much slow-mo. only 6 clips and it's 50 seconds long. i prefer 6 clips to take less than 20 seconds. the slow parts didn't need to be on every trick. save it for the really impressive ones. and they were slow for too long and a little too slow as well. i also didn't see anything real tech. with that title i was expecting a lot of technical, difficult tricks. it was normal tricks, some slightly tech. when i think tech i think daewon stuff, or jamal smith type stuff, or pawn stuff, or demz stuff with beautiful animations with subtle little rewards that make you think "how did he do that?"

like i said, it's just my opinion.

cheers.
    Thanks for your opinion, Also I do agree with that some slow mo parts were just toooooo slow, As far as why all clips are slow mo, well its a series not a video part or montage, keep it short and throw a few technical tricks in there, Also since the focus is on technicality I slow it down to see every detail. Like I said thanks for the feedback

Fluckin' Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Muhzzy View Post
    Too much slow-mo for my taste, but it was all right. I'd say this is a better video I've seen from any other fake videos.
    Thanks Man

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

I need more slowmo!!!!!!! jk jk....but I feel your pain. Sometimes it can be difficult to ingame ramp the right amought of slowmo so a nifty trick some people use is to ramp the entire clip to 20% speed and then reverse ramp it up instead of down. That way you get ultra krispy slow mo where you want it and normal speeds the rest of the clip.

Fully should be happy someone uploaded from his park =D

Fluckin' Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by DuMularn View Post
    I need more slowmo!!!!!!! jk jk....but I feel your pain. Sometimes it can be difficult to ingame ramp the right amought of slowmo so a nifty trick some people use is to ramp the entire clip to 20% speed and then reverse ramp it up instead of down. That way you get ultra krispy slow mo where you want it and normal speeds the rest of the clip.

Fully should be happy someone uploaded from his park =D
    Thanks for the tip man

Steam
    is gas form of water.
    PSN
    GhettoSk8aBoi
    XBL
    No.
    Wii
    No again.

On the plus side, you have good filming.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/byounsk8
    PSN: GhettoSk8aBoi
    DEVD STCK Collective
    UnHeard
    Gorilla Kult SB
    Regs skate shop

Lb Mag: http://issuu.com/bladderboy/docs

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by GSB MLP I-XL View Post
    I have to disagree.

Don't take this personally, but your filming needs a LOT of work. You cut the upper half of your body out way too much, the angles are awkward, and you have a ton of panbacks. :/
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Quote Originally Posted by Muhzzy View Post
    Fakie*
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Quote Originally Posted by GSB MLP I-XL View Post
    I wouldn't say it's good. It's O.K. Could use some work but he'll get better.
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

just work on your filming tbh im not gonna sugarcoat it

id say stay off trying to make projects and series like these unless you have that fully down. really makes it hard to take you serious.
    STREET
    BEERZ