Thread: The Concept Of Alimony

Default The Concept Of Alimony

Talking about issues involving marriage and divorce on a fake skate forum? Why not.

Alimony is something that I have never understood. The only times I see it exist is for the sole purpose of the ex-wife to fuck over their ex-husbands even more when the relationship is over. Although it's not improbable that a man can, and has, claim alimony from a woman if she was the money maker in the relationship. My ex-girlfriend explained it a little further to me by saying when the woman has to become a full time mom to support a child, in one scenario, she isn't making any money, generally for years. Having not held a job for that period of time could make it difficult to find work as well, but many employers would understand being a full-time mom. It almost makes sense to me, if that is the case, but then again, adults should be fully capable to take care of themselves. Child Support is a separate issue, I have nothing against that, but taking a person's hard-earned money every check when the other person can, and should, be able to manage on their own is just horseshit. Obviously, there are situations where it's deemed as justice because the man was a piece of shit and is completely loaded and it wouldn't hurt him financially one bit to provide alimony. It just seems like a completely outdated concept to me and I ponder on why it still exists.

I'm sure this will just end up as a rant with no replies, but I'm curious what you guys think. Have you been in or seen someone experience a situation like I'm bitching about now? Do you have an example of what makes alimony seem more fair then it appears to me? Share your thoughts fellow fluckers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

Child Support=Yes

Alimony= Ain't nobody got no time for that!

It should be a sliding scale, IE first month X amount, second month 20% less and so on. I get the whole "I have to start from scratch" deal. I would like to be a stay at home Dad. But if I got left in the cold I would need something to get going.

My wife works with me so if something happened to our marriage most likely she would not be employed. She would need something to supplement her needs. But definitely not half of my salary every month.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Gotta retain that sanctity of marriage everybody keeps talking about these days. I believe it was Nietzsche who said "If you aint no punk, holla 'We want prenup!'"
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well, when you are married you're either paying more, or paying less taxes than when you're single.
    Either way it would seem, you'll need some help if you break it off.
    A lot more changes than just no longer seeing that other person.
    Sometimes one partner needs to find a job after not having had one.
    Gotta find a new place to live, can't always fall back on relatives.
    With the recession and all that's happening right now..
    Hell yeah I support it in the states.
    More than half of couples pay less joined than single.
    Wether you deem it rightful cause, or making up for tax breaks you should have to pay up.
    It doesn't matter how hard you're working, till death do us part as a vow.
    You're lucky all you have to do is pay a little money.

There are some cases in court where alimony is set up just like unemployment, where they only receive it temporarily, which can make sense. Some are ridiculous though, constantly paying the person until he or she remarries or dies, and that is completely unacceptable. Some people just leech off the alimony on purpose, having no desire to making themselves independent once again. It does involve a lot of change for some people, but that doesn't justify jacking a portion of their paychecks, basically forever, if they choose. What is a guy suppose to do when his ex-wife is taking 50%, or more, of his checks? All the bills involved being on your own is already troublesome enough for a lot of people. There is a lot of gray areas involved, but overall, I think it's flat out retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck