Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

So from what it sounds like if that dude making the game is not sharing it with us and doesn't want albert to get a hold of it maybe that is telling us something. First off i would like to say that trick lining wasn't supposed to be in skate and people figured out how to do it. It is kind of the same idea for realistic but i think skate 3 it's self was supposed to be made for doing all of these crazy tricks and some realistic in my opinion but i feel like that is how skate 3 was advertised. When people figured out they could make the game even more realistic with low pop tricks and the film glitches and such. People eventually ended up making videos on youtube then to here on fluckit. Any way my point is that maybe he doesn't want us and albert to get to get ahold of the game yet because we would make the game into something that he wouldn't want. Not saying the way we started doing realistic was bad but i am glad we made it into what it is today but i am trying to think from that developers point of view.
    Last edited by eastcoastskateboard1; 03-08-2014 at 07:35 AM.

I may have misunderstood, but I don't understand what you mean. Skate was made to reach a broad audience otherwise ea would want nothing to do with it. Bluntlabs has described the game he's working on as not having points at all because thats not what skating is about and no other person can decide how well or how many points something someone else did would be worth. Surely there will be people playing it like a tony hawk game but theyll be doing that because thats what they enjoy, not because the game entices them to play like that by rewarding them with points. I don't think the habits of certain players can affect what the game turns into unless the tools are already built into the game. People will use the tools the game provides them. Ps. We've been skating realistically for the most part since s1 demo. A lot of us did so in tony with stats turned to zero, and in thrasher before that.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastskateboard1 View Post
    So from what it sounds like if that dude making the game is not sharing it with us and doesn't want albert to get a hold of it maybe that is telling us something. First off i would like to say that trick lining wasn't supposed to be in skate and people figured out how to do it. It is kind of the same idea for realistic but i think skate 3 it's self was supposed to be made for doing all of these crazy tricks and some realistic in my opinion but i feel like that is how skate 3 was advertised. When people figured out they could make the game even more realistic with low pop tricks and the film glitches and such. People eventually ended up making videos on youtube then to here on fluckit. Any way my point is that maybe he doesn't want us and albert to get to get ahold of the game yet because we would make the game into something that he wouldn't want. Not saying the way we started doing realistic was bad but i am glad we made it into what it is today but i am trying to think from that developers point of view.
    a few things to point out here..... first he doesnt want to keep it secret, as a matter of fact he keeps telling people to "Spread the Word"....... WE are the ones who dont want Albert to get a hold of this

also Skate 3 has nothing to do with realistic innovation, that was around in Skate 2 with the "Normal" mode (only mode in s2), as well as the filming glitches
    OG skate was just rad and realistic anyways (but innovation was there as well)

so I agree with Emmit
    Last edited by emericaridr11; 03-08-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Awful Awfuls!

I've been keeping watch on this blog for some time, and I like the direction of this so far, and hope this does well.

I was in a sesh a while ago discussing things Skate should've done. For me, it was just a matter of keeping the core game, and just making features everyone liked in the past three games as DLC - a filmer pack, Hardcore difficulty, new locales, etc., but just kept in the vein of OG Skate.

I know it is FAR far away from discussing that kind of thing with this project. I certainly hope for the best, and if it ever gets to that level, I hope it takes this route.

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

I think you guys are right I was really tired this morning and idk what I was doing lol