Thread: Titanfall

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Default Titanfall

I for one can't wait for this game. Have only seen one bad review so far. The concensus seems to be that it shouldn't work, shouldn't handle well, but it does perfectly. 6v6 with AI grunts sounds pretty great to me, but seems to be the main feature putting a few off. Thoughts?

Anyone get access to the beta? Seems like my twitter blew up yesterday with everyone getting on it, except me of course.

it runs on the source engine hch. It just has those toned down and desatured colors, which does make it look a bit like cod.
    And from what I have seen, I've watched a couple lvlcap video's he posted a couple days ago, it looks like a hoot.
    Just looks like it'll get boring after some hours of playing..

looks fresh in term of gameplay mechanics. Which is always something I tend to enjoy. The levels of depth involved in the mechanics to exploit seem awesome, the wall jump and double jump alone has my attention.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Having now played it for several hours, its incredibly fun. And I havent even been able to jump in with any friends yet.

The wall running mechanics seemed like they would take a while to get to grips with, but after 2 games I could fluidly run from one end of the map to the other without touching the ground. The AI keep it fast paced and action packed, and for this game to work, its exactly whats needed.

Very similar style to COD, but a lot more fresh and fun. Could log hours in Titanfall, struggle to rack up minutes in COD.

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

Everyone with an XBox One has access to the beta right now. FYI it's amazing.

Im downloading right now for PC. HELLA EXCITED. got two days with the beta so lok forward to some footy.

Yo this game is amazingly hectic. I love the vast majority of skills and how well balanced the gameplay is already.

making a monster edit soon to be done in a long time. 2 hours of footage. lol

fuck Now that I realized it was the last night of the Beta, I ended up with another 2+ hours. 5 hours almost. 100gb of footage on my external. o.O and I got some good shit. FUCK THIS GAME. haahhh
    Last edited by saunders420; 02-19-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Been playing the Beta at work all last week. Can't say its one of the best game I've ever played, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun as hell and equal parts addictive.
    And fuck yeah Saunders, hectic just about sums it up. Hectic in the best way.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    Yo this game is amazingly hectic. I love the vast majority of skills and how well balanced the gameplay is already.

making a monster edit soon to be done in a long time. 2 hours of footage. lol

fuck Now that I realized it was the last night of the Beta, I ended up with another 2+ hours. 5 hours almost. 100gb of footage on my external. o.O and I got some good shit. FUCK THIS GAME. haahhh

I gotta see this!!

Just drove by my local gamestop to grab a ticket for what I knew was going to be the craziest preorder line ever.

My gamestop isnt doing a midnight relase....that blows donkeysausage.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

dark souls is the game to grab tonight

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMularn View Post
    who's playing this on XB1? lets game!
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Microshaft should have done crossplatform.

I'd be there with ya Roc.

Random smartpistol edit

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    who's playing this on XB1? lets game!
    That's me!!!! Boas DuMularn gamertag.

Saunders.....that evac was amazing. Love the smart pistol...wish I could go back to using it but I'm stuck doing sniper junk with Generation 4 requirements. I also have to concur that cross platforming should be a real thing these days. I remember a few 360 games were cross platform with PC, but now we're in next gen and we can't let that happen. Same for Elder Scrolls Online...no cross platform.
    Last edited by DuMularn; 04-11-2014 at 04:27 PM.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Haven't been able to get on as much as I should. As little as I've played (25+ matches, rank 30) it does not get tiresome as COD has done for me.

The smart pistol is just the tits. If you utilise the speed and free running aspects of the game, its a sure fire way to the top of the leaderboard every time.

haha omfg i literally got up this morning. launched my game and went 23 and 0. jump kicking people and killing them with my titant has never felt so damn good. its the one game where you feel like "oh...oh i can kill that dude, and later ill kill this other guy and maybe if i have enough time ill kill her too". i dont feel like im going to die at the drop of a hat when i turn a corner. unless theres a titan there in which case ill run like hell.

its an amazing game and i think there could be a bit more too it but the rudimentary gameplay of it seems to be fine for just now.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH