Sup flucks,

Been in hiding the past few years. Still have a lot of great memories of my time in the community & toying around with the Skate Games. I still lurk from time to time, and am always blown away by what so many of you have & still continue to come up with in the games. Met a lot of cool dudes here, some I'll consider lifetime friends (even though we'll still probably never actually meet in person).

So, what have I been up to lately? A lil over a year ago, I found myself way out of shape & kind of in a depressed state of life. Things were never bad, just got to a point where I was just going through the motions & letting life start to pass me by. So I decided that I had enough of just being a lazy Couch Potato, and I had to break out of this funk. Started to pick up running & dusted off the 10 year old Mtn bike to start logging miles on it. Then 2 of my younger cousin's threw down a challenge for me. They (2 & 4 years younger than I, both were college swimmers) told me to give swimming a try, so I could eventually work up to joining them as family that have completed an Ironman race.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

Bought myself a decent road bike (nothing too expensive) & started trying to get a grasp on all 3 sports.

I entered to race in the IRONMAN Coeur d'Alene. It is on June 29th of this year.
Iron Man CDA Info

So I am on a journey of converting from a Couch Potato to an Ironman!

This has completely changed my life for the better. I dropped 35 lbs off my frame, down to about what I was when I graduated high school (a lifetime ago '95). Just overall having a lot of fun with the daily challenges of training. This will actually be my first race of any kind. Why not go big and just go for it.

Have any of you Flucks ever tried any races (5k, marathons, triathlons, cycle cross, road races, etc...)?