Thread: Crz, Training for an Ironman!

Default Crz, Training for an Ironman!

Sup flucks,

Been in hiding the past few years. Still have a lot of great memories of my time in the community & toying around with the Skate Games. I still lurk from time to time, and am always blown away by what so many of you have & still continue to come up with in the games. Met a lot of cool dudes here, some I'll consider lifetime friends (even though we'll still probably never actually meet in person).

So, what have I been up to lately? A lil over a year ago, I found myself way out of shape & kind of in a depressed state of life. Things were never bad, just got to a point where I was just going through the motions & letting life start to pass me by. So I decided that I had enough of just being a lazy Couch Potato, and I had to break out of this funk. Started to pick up running & dusted off the 10 year old Mtn bike to start logging miles on it. Then 2 of my younger cousin's threw down a challenge for me. They (2 & 4 years younger than I, both were college swimmers) told me to give swimming a try, so I could eventually work up to joining them as family that have completed an Ironman race.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

Bought myself a decent road bike (nothing too expensive) & started trying to get a grasp on all 3 sports.

I entered to race in the IRONMAN Coeur d'Alene. It is on June 29th of this year.
    Iron Man CDA Info

So I am on a journey of converting from a Couch Potato to an Ironman!

This has completely changed my life for the better. I dropped 35 lbs off my frame, down to about what I was when I graduated high school (a lifetime ago '95). Just overall having a lot of fun with the daily challenges of training. This will actually be my first race of any kind. Why not go big and just go for it.

Have any of you Flucks ever tried any races (5k, marathons, triathlons, cycle cross, road races, etc...)?

Ironman races are insane, definitely one of the tough things out there. Kudos for you on giving it a shot, its a Hella amount of work.

Glad to see ya back giving everyone an update! Stay healthy man, and continue that drive.

Keep Positive and Keep Rolling!

ps. a crew member on some set I worked on a while back, had a leg covered in Ironman tattoo's, I didnt know what is was back in the day when I asked him about the leg. He mentioned Ironman triathlons and I was like wut...."He explained", I was still like wut

He had his whole back leg covered in an ironman camo print lol Dude was a BEAST.
    Last edited by saunders420; 03-12-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks Saunders.....you still rappin? Thought I subbed to your channel way back when, but I guess I hadn't.

Thanks man, IM will be tough indeed, but will be stoked when I cross that finish line.
    Right now the goal is to show up to start line (don't want to overdue my training & get injured)
    There is a 17 hour time limit to finish & for my 1st time, finishing will be great, but I'm hopeful that I can cross the finish line in under 14 hours.

I will tell you this, I have a huge amount of respect now for distance swimmers. That shit is tough!!

Never tried a marathon of any kind. I wouldn't mind though, I enjoy a good challenge

I can't believe some of the miles I see you log on that bike man. Glad you are diggin the new you. See you around (I always do)
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

That's great Crz. Glad to hear you're so into it. I've never done anything even remotely close to that but some of my friends do 5ks and a friend of mine bikes like a crazy man (around 100 miles a week). I'll be rootin for you to finish, and with a time you like, but the fact that you're doing it all makes you a winner in my book. Cheers to your health and the fact that you enjoy doing something as healthy as that.

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Thanks fellas, I'll make sure to check back in after the race for sure.

Got back from the Dr's today (Dermatologist) and have to take a 2 day break from training. He removed a mole from my back to do a biopsy on it. Need to give the spot time to heal & it must stay dry.
    Hopefully it is just precautionary & won't turn out to be anything. Went through this 10 years ago & it turned out I had Melanoma Skin Cancer. Really don't want to go through that mess again.

Update from the last post, No Cancer, clean bill of health!!!
    Also, today I knocked out my 1st Century ride on the bike (100 miles).
    Stoked to get the 1st one in.
    My previous long was 2 weeks ago when I hit 81.

http://www.strava.com/activities/127636925

Good gravy dude
    I get winded after driving 100

Congrats on the no cancer. Fuck cancer
    Helen Adams Keller

How I spent my Friday morning.
    In the water by 6:30 to swim 2.4 miles (170 laps or 4250 yards)

Great pic Crz. And glad to hear no cancer.

madman
    Helen Adams Keller

Thanks EB,
    Fuck Cancer man, I know way too many people dealing with it now. I don't wish that on anybody.

May's training is gonna start getting tough. Have manage to find a way to start squeezing in 20 - 35 hours a week of exercise. Plus I'm gonna finally get some open water swim sessions in. Excited & nervous for that.

Some nice scenery on this morning's ride

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    Congrats on the no cancer. Fuck cancer
    QFT.

nice photo's. looks like a fresh breathe of air compared to what Im seeing nowadays.
    I need to get to a coast. ASAP.

I think you have given me a reason to pick up a bike this summer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    I think you have given me a reason to pick up a bike this summer. Thanks!
    Yes, do it. My bike has by far been my best purchase!!!
    Although it has taken some time to get used to being on the saddle, I have seen so much of the area surrounding where I live, that I never knew even existed.
    It's refreshing to get out & see what is out there. You also start to find out, things are really as far away as they seem.

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

ha i tried the Spartan Race and passed out halfway through. no conditioning at all. my friends just pressured me into going with them
    STREET
    BEERZ

That's no bueno Poncho, haven't tried a Spartan Race, but they look like they could be pretty challenging with zero conditioning for sure.

Today marks 1 month out from Race Day.
    Pumped & nervous all at the same time.
    Logged my longest ride (114 miles) & run (16 miles) this past weekend.
    Going to be tough to get that full 26.2 mile run in.

Next 3 weeks will be heavy training of at least 20+ hours a week & then taper off the last week before the race.
    Man, it is coming up quick!!!