Thread: Xbox Indie Game "ApocZ"

Default Xbox Indie Game "ApocZ"

Just discovered this game today, my dad and I were browsing the indie game selection on his xbox and found it. Been dying to play DayZ, but my pc is fucked, so this looks like a great alternative. It just came out a few days ago as well, played it for about half an hour and it looks good. I'm sure I'll find plenty more issues along the way, but the core mechanics from DayZ are all there. Right now, you can't enter any building to find supplies. You just look around each building, which is really gay, but the guy who developed the game said that 'enterable buildings will be added later.' It also has cars you can drive and need to find fuel for. I'll post a link to the website, but it doesn't have any videos, or even screenshots, to show. The forum section is nice though. Tons of members already.

http://www.apocz.com/

Just posting this here in case anyone else was interested in a survival type game on xbox that is similar to DayZ.

Last edited by NotedDerk; 03-31-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Last edited by HCH Media; 04-15-2014 at 06:17 AM.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

is it mp?

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

I assume you mean multiplayer moma and yes, I believe it's up to 16 players online, but there are issues with that right now. The guy is working on a patch so people can play together without doing some sort of work-around to get it running correctly. The first two articles on the website are all about that.

I'll play with you hch, it'll just be hard with how different our time zones are, always see you hopping on around 6 a.m. my time and that's about when I go to bed, haha.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Look Mom! Over 8,000 Chat Posts! blitzkow's Avatar
    XBL
    blitzkow

Saw you palying it the other day, is it worth the time?or is it no good

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkow View Post
    Saw you palying it the other day, is it worth the time?or is it no good
    Well if you have or can play DayZ, that would be the obvious choice, since this is basically just a knockoff. It's only one dollar so even if you don't like it, you aren't losing much. I like it so far, can't wait to try it out with other people, just been playing by myself.

XBL
    blitzkow

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Well if you have or can play DayZ, that would be the obvious choice, since this is basically just a knockoff. It's only one dollar so even if you don't like it, you aren't losing much. I like it so far, can't wait to try it out with other people, just been playing by myself.
    was trying it out earlier and there are way too many zombies in the towns (my opinion) couldnt get anything done without dieing.

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

was trying it out earlier and there are way too many zombies in the towns (my opinion) couldnt get anything done without dieing.
    Me either man, I think it's better to walk around and grab supplies from the smaller areas, there is a trailer park where you can pick the zombies off a few at a time and find some decent supplies. That town is a fucking deathtrap unless you got a machine gun or a working vehicle though. I can only imagine the chaos that can happen between a bunch of players in a public game and all the zombies.

How much is that bad boy? Haven't been on xblock in a while

Edit: just saw it mentioned it's a buck.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 04-01-2014 at 09:02 AM.

XBL
    x1mmortal

dl'ing this now.

it would be sweet if we could get some big group going.
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Copped

Edit: this is fun. I wanna find a vehicle
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 04-01-2014 at 07:28 PM.

XBL
    blitzkow

got to day 3 had a ton of shit and got killed by a guy in a car. gg

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

I tried to get online but couldn't. Has anyone linked up with other people?

XBL
    blitzkow

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    I tried to get online but couldn't. Has anyone linked up with other people?
    yeah you gotta be fast or the game crashes

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

XBL
    x1mmortal

got to day 3 had a ton of shit and got killed by a guy in a car. gg
    fuck that guy
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

XBL
    blitzkow

Quote Originally Posted by XImortalDEATHX View Post
    fuck that guy
    I know right what an ass

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

XBL
    SKATAN 81

damn i lost all my shit i was on day 5 with a car a tent , food , ak47, a hand gun ...

today i put the game in and now im on day 1 again and lost all my shit :-/

Can you save? I thought it was a one play type of game, like zombies in cod. But that was just my assumption, not based on anything I heard or read.

Edit: and damn, u had an ak? Dirtyyyy

XBL
    SKATAN 81

not sure about the one time session when you quick back out and go in you have still all your stuff and the map position . yeah the ak was beast found it in the right corner of the armybase thing to the spawn right side . they really need to fix that back out back in thing , or all that scavenging and surviving is pointless .

The game is suffering a few bugs with saving inventory among others, the developer made a list of fixes for the upcoming patch.

"Crashes:
    1 - 'Code 4' when selecting 'Xbox Live' caused by invalid index. Fixed.
    2 - Reports of Random 'Code 4' while exploring. Added exception handing to begin tracking this.

Inventory Loss:
    1 - Tents and Inventory not saving in 'Local Survivor' caused by uninitialized character parameter, could happen in rare case while in online mode. Fixed.
    2 - Tents and Inventory not saving in 'Xbox Live' session caused by 'Main Menu' being active on transition out and player pressing 'A', causing random selection of other menu options. Fixed.
    3 - Tents and Inventory not saving in 'Xbox Live' after joining and online session. Caused by current mode never being initialized, defaulting to whatever previous state was. Fixed.
    4 - 'Players' Menu not being available in 'Xbox Live' session, caused by 'Local Survivor' being the state when actually online. Fixed.

Loss Control Input:
    1 - Loss of input when Vehicle menu open and another player attaches to the vehicle. Caused by code path to close vehicle menu never again being executed. Fixed.
    2 - Loss controller input when attaching to a vehicle. Caused by player and vehicle properties not being fully initialized when player joins session. Fixed.
    Note: other conditions may cause this to happen as reported in forums.

Vehicles:
    1 - When joining a session some vehicles that had been moved would not spawn correctly for client. Caused by position of vehicle not being transmitted on spawn. Fixed.
    2 - Vehicles are no longer bullet proof, you now take 50% the damage of each projectile.

Melee Issues:
    1 - Walking backwards and not being able to hit zombies. Fixed, Player melee distance increased when walking backwards.
    2 - Zombies having slightly larger hit radius than players. Fixed, zombies and players have same hit radius.

Host Migrating:
    1 - Getting a zombie beat down when host migrates. Fixed, Simulation pauses until host migration complete.

Inventory Menu:
    1 - 'B' button used to drop items, very unintuitive. Fixed. 'B' and 'Back' button will close inventory menu, 'A' button used to drop or pickup items, depending on what menu pane you are in.

Invert Y:
    1 - Will now apply to camera control while driving vehicles.

HUD:
    1 - 'Back' and 'Start' button UI switch, Fixed.

Sound:
    1 - Zombie Crowd, Run and Attack being to loud and stereo left/right not working. Recompiled sounds down to mono (I have issues with MS XACT3 3D sounds working on the Xbox) and turned down volume.
    2 - Foot step sounds while driving a vehicle, Fixed."

Anybody know how to get split screen? I saw pics of quad screen so I figured a local 4 player option is available

XBL
    x1mmortal

The game is suffering a few bugs with saving inventory among others, the developer made a list of fixes for the upcoming patch.

"Crashes:
    1 - 'Code 4' when selecting 'Xbox Live' caused by invalid index. Fixed.
    2 - Reports of Random 'Code 4' while exploring. Added exception handing to begin tracking this.

Inventory Loss:
    1 - Tents and Inventory not saving in 'Local Survivor' caused by uninitialized character parameter, could happen in rare case while in online mode. Fixed.
    2 - Tents and Inventory not saving in 'Xbox Live' session caused by 'Main Menu' being active on transition out and player pressing 'A', causing random selection of other menu options. Fixed.
    3 - Tents and Inventory not saving in 'Xbox Live' after joining and online session. Caused by current mode never being initialized, defaulting to whatever previous state was. Fixed.
    4 - 'Players' Menu not being available in 'Xbox Live' session, caused by 'Local Survivor' being the state when actually online. Fixed.

Loss Control Input:
    1 - Loss of input when Vehicle menu open and another player attaches to the vehicle. Caused by code path to close vehicle menu never again being executed. Fixed.
    2 - Loss controller input when attaching to a vehicle. Caused by player and vehicle properties not being fully initialized when player joins session. Fixed.
    Note: other conditions may cause this to happen as reported in forums.

Vehicles:
    1 - When joining a session some vehicles that had been moved would not spawn correctly for client. Caused by position of vehicle not being transmitted on spawn. Fixed.
    2 - Vehicles are no longer bullet proof, you now take 50% the damage of each projectile.

Melee Issues:
    1 - Walking backwards and not being able to hit zombies. Fixed, Player melee distance increased when walking backwards.
    2 - Zombies having slightly larger hit radius than players. Fixed, zombies and players have same hit radius.

Host Migrating:
    1 - Getting a zombie beat down when host migrates. Fixed, Simulation pauses until host migration complete.

Inventory Menu:
    1 - 'B' button used to drop items, very unintuitive. Fixed. 'B' and 'Back' button will close inventory menu, 'A' button used to drop or pickup items, depending on what menu pane you are in.

Invert Y:
    1 - Will now apply to camera control while driving vehicles.

HUD:
    1 - 'Back' and 'Start' button UI switch, Fixed.

Sound:
    1 - Zombie Crowd, Run and Attack being to loud and stereo left/right not working. Recompiled sounds down to mono (I have issues with MS XACT3 3D sounds working on the Xbox) and turned down volume.
    2 - Foot step sounds while driving a vehicle, Fixed."
    YESS. The sound was pissing me off. I would hear a car next to me but it was actually yards away, and thinking zombies were right behind me always made me paranoid. Hope they add cars with more than one person being able to be inside.
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    Anybody know how to get split screen? I saw pics of quad screen so I figured a local 4 player option is available
    There is no local multiplayer, the screenshots you see from the game details on xbox with the four screens were just to show off multiples shots in each photo. It could be added later on, but I've seen no sign of it yet, been trying to keep up on the forums as much as possible. From the replies the developer keeps making, he just wants to fix things right now, no idea how long that'll take before he can add content.

and I agree Immortal, the sounds in the game are awful, I was in a party with sever while he was playing minecraft and all he could hear was a whipping sound (The axe swinging) and that horribly loud sound zombies make when they spot you, hope they are fixed with this patch.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

update better map

H, is that a suggestion, or did they update? This game seems promising when the kinks get worked out

XBL
    SKATAN 81

yeah first patch was really good .. the next one will include buildings you can enter :-)

XBL
    x1mmortal

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    yeah first patch was really good .. the next one will include buildings you can enter :-)
    hell yeah. gonna have to get into it again once that comes out
    Xbox is GONEEEE.