Thread: Asshole Dad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Antwan,some weird and random comments as always.
    Maybe time to switch up the meds?

XBL
    crni1976

That is fucked up from an interpersonal (in this case father-son) point of view. I fail to see how wearing pads or the inherent risks of skateboarding change anything about that.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Dad's trying to get that Tony Hawk money
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

that's so fucked up. i hope the dad gets what he deserves; no amount of child abuse is okay and he has the gall to do something so severe in a public place meant to be a safe place for families.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I just hate the news, it's never good.
    People get rowled up over what they can't change.
    So bash me for not caring after hearing negative stories for 10 years.
    Stop watching it, problem solved.

i have no problem not being a pussy and showing kids how the real world works and pain is def a part of it. i HATE how overprotective our society has become. the nannystate is just the first letter in a evergrowing book of people not allowing kids to run free and explore the world.

i have no problem with the kid being knocked down from the ramp. only problem here is the kicker/father. This is small potatoes compared to what kids have endured historically, but that doesnt excuse anything. Ideally, the kid should know his father as a non-kicker.. but hell survive. like our previous generations of ancestors.

so. dont misunderstand my point.. i agree this was over the line. but i hate overprotection. and i hate the flock of sheep joining in to collectivly back up the nannies.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    i have no problem not being a pussy and showing kids how the real world works and pain is def a part of it. i HATE how overprotective our society has become. the nannystate is just the first letter in a evergrowing book of people not allowing kids to run free and explore the world.

i have no problem with the kid being knocked down from the ramp. only problem here is the kicker/father. This is small potatoes compared to what kids have endured historically, but that doesnt excuse anything. Ideally, the kid should know his father as a non-kicker.. but hell survive. like our previous generations of ancestors.

so. dont misunderstand my point.. i agree this was over the line. but i hate overprotection. and i hate the flock of sheep joining in to collectivly back up the nannies.
    Fuck that. While I agree with hating over protection and the false sense excuse of "things are worse now" bullshit. It equally sucks using the excuse of "generations before us made bad decisions so I'm cool with it"

We aren't talking about honing our survival skills in the wild here. This is a fun activity that was motivated by the dad's greed only. Don't mistake it my friend.

Edit: after re-reading your comment I know you aren't condoning the fathers actions. And your comment on "everyone jumping in" everyone SHOULD jump in. That's how we learn. Almost every girl I have known has had some form of rape happen to her. It ain't the same dude doing it. Maybe if "everyone jumped in" we would lose that ancestral trait. I firmly believe that this video going viral, this discussion we all are having, is positive and better things and awareness are happening.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    But you DID watch it. And the original time I saw this (hours after it happened) was on Instagram. No news there it was footy. I didn't have time and it's easier to post what I did.
    It being a news story and you having no compassion is unrelated... Fucking man up dude.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Don't have kids.

i had a really good paragraphed typed up telling you all to go back to your normal lives because theres not much we can do for this kid at this points. whats done is done. and i cant change what a parent does to their kid no matter what i show them on tv. seems like things are continually getting worse according to the public eye, but things have ALWAYS been worse. they're just being broadcasted now.

and yea, fuck that man for pushing his kid. i honestly hope the kid doesnt bore any type of hatred towards his dad and just grows up to be a respectable dude who loves his kids far better than his predecessor. but you know...thats all subject to change, just like your mood from right now will probably change from your mood tomorrow..and the next day.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

bashing you so hard in my head right now antwan...so hard. lol
    but like online bullying...close your browser, turn off your phone. disconnect from twitter. fucking interweb junkies who latch unto the world wide spier-web and then all their perceptions of the world come from fox news and BBC, then they go on a wikipedia-like tangent about change...and in the end someone replies with the ever-so-cool "too long didnt read" and ALL hope for change is lost in the thread along with the interest of all the participants. like many of these occurrences, they will be forgotten in time and burried with the rest of the "asshole dad" threads.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Steam
    Monkadelic

meh the kid slid down the vert ramp... it wasnt like he went face first... i dont see anything wrong with it. better to learn falling in the long run "hard to watch" my ass this is not a bad thing considering what i had to grow up skating.