Thread: Allow me to reintroduce myself

Default Allow me to reintroduce myself

Some of you may remember me from my PS3 beginnings on Instinct or my time on Hoodlum Vice.
    I started playing Skate and joined this awesome community back in January of 2009 and was instantly addicted and immersed in the community aspect of Skate.
    Magic was nice enough to let me join Hoodlum back in April of 2010 after my part in Instincts FL (which to this day I think is one of my best parts).

I have spent the past couple of hours poking around and catching up, I was really pleased to see some of the guys I spent countless hours playing with still here or being talked about. My time playing skate and being active in this community were some of the best times in my life, I was so passionate about this game its crazy to even talk about. But I want to thank a lot of you that helped me learn how to edit videos and just be creative in general. I opened up my eyes in so many ways. We took a game and made it our own. We created something, I look back and realize how amazing some of our editing skills were, how differently we approached spots and how we pushed one another. I am a clear example of how video games can pick at someones brain. Towards the end of my "skate career" I changed my major to graphic design, and now design apparel, adverts, and sometimes decks for various clothing and skate shops. I know that skate pushed me and made me realize my creative side and really want to thank anyone that helped me along the way.

Here are my best parts (IMO):
    S2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F12VW5Ab0yI
    S3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT_Tz8F3iIg

I also ran a tournament called the RipCup that was a ton of fun to host. Those videos can also be found on my youtube page.
    Last edited by iRipper89; 07-27-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Welcome back, Rip. I had a similar experience. I always wrote lyrics but had never recorded anything. After skatin with Magic and hearin his stuff I figured out how and set shit up and started. I had also never made a webpage before but after Magic had a great idea and with all the skate-fever around I learned how to make one for Hoodlum's Grand Larceny. Neither of these examples are as cool or changed my direction in life as much as changing a major and choosing a different career, but I can empathize to a degree. Hope you're enjoying your choices man. Sounds dope.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

ripperrrrrrrrrrrrr

welcome back homie

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i remember you. hi again

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Riper report #2 ruled!!
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Awful Awfuls!

awwww shit

Welcome... back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Hello again Mate
    Does that mean we'll see some new footy?
    Always a pleasure when old heads pop up in here again

XBL
    emericaridr11

I agree with Jebs, do we get to see some new vids?

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

That's crazy you decided to pop in because I was JUST watching some of your parts earlier on today. Welcome back, Rip!
    Hoodlum: Threat

Thanks for the love guys, I'll def be poking around here once a week. I also just saw that game that Demz was talking about, I got pretty damn hyped reading about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    Riper report #2 ruled!!
    Hahah I was JUST listening to all of those the other day. I loved doing those, I think we spoke for almost two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    I agree with Jebs, do we get to see some new vids?
    I'm going on vacation for the next two weeks, when I come back I'll def make it happen. I assume skate.reel is down though, can you recommend a good capture card?
    Last edited by iRipper89; 07-27-2014 at 07:53 PM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by iRipper89 View Post
    can you recommend a good capture card?
    Me: "OH BOY"
    Plenty of Options

Hauppauge Hd Pvr's
    - HD Pvr 1212 : 720p/60fps - Component - Software "Arcsoft Total Media Extreme" (older but efficient) - PC/Mac - $150
    - HD Pvr 2 Gaming Edition : 1080p/30fps - HDMI (with A/V In for Ps3 to connect Component) - Software "Hauppauge Capture" - PC/Mac (mac if you have Gaming Edition Plus) - $170
    - HD Pvr Rocket Portable : 1080p/30fps - HDMI (with A/V In for Ps3 to connect Component) - Software "Hauppauge Capture" - PC - Save to USB Stick - $150

Pvr's are wild (the newer the better quality, even in the sound quality, but not by "too" much)

Elgato Game Capture HD - PC/Mac - $180
    1080p/30fps - HDMI (with A/V In for Ps3 to connect Component) - Software "Game Capture HD"

main selling point of these is the Software I think (quality is good too) and the size of the device, its small
    this Program has "Flashback Recording" which means it captures up to 30 Mins of gameplay, you then can roll back and set markers to record what ever clips within that time (unlike others which are just a Record button, no live feed thing... start/stop)

Blackmagic Design Intensity - PC/Mac (heard mac was goofy though)
    - Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 : 1080p/30fps - HDMI/Component - $199
    - Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt : 1080p/30fps - HDMI/Component - $240

Avermedia - PC/Mac - Software "RECentral"
    - Game Capture HD : 1080p/30fps - Component - Record without a PC (record to hard drive) - $120
    - Game Capture 2 - 1080p/30fps - HDMI - Smart Phone App - $150
    - Live Gamer Portable - 1080p/30fps - HDMI (with A/V In for Ps3 to connect Component) - record to Usb stick - $160

Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro - PC - $120
    1080p/30fps - HDMI/Component

tons of options.....
    if your PC you can get away with most anything probably, if your Mac... Id stick to 3 options really

PC
    1. $170 - HD Pvr 2 Gaming Edition (better encoding algorithm, decent Software)
    2. $180 - Elgato (great Software, small and portable)
    3. $180 - Avermedia Live Gamer Portable (save to usb, portable, newer hardware)
    3. $199 - Blackmagic Design (quality, if you can do USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt)

Mac
    1. $180 - Elgato (most Mac friendly device, great software, 1080p)
    2. $150 - HD Pvr 1212 (only 720p, amazing Software for mac)
    3. $120 - Avermedia (good quality, save to hard drive)

I have mac and just got the HD Pvr 2 GE Plus and the Software was Horrendous... so I returned it right away and went back to my old Pvr 1212 cause the Mac Software also has that "Flashback Recording" (much better in my case)

A better/easier Editing experience was more important to me than Pure Quality of the Clips, something to think about
    also Plenty of CrapCards out there too, for under $60....... sorry for novel, plenty of info for ANYONE if they looking

Still remember your community video as being the first video I was ever a part of, got you one clip, haha, welcome back though buddy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwosX3v4Vsw
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Hah wow, I remember being so salty that I couldn't get into any other community video (I think piktro had a big one) I said fuck it and made my own. Had no idea that was your first. Glad to be back.