Thread: Koichiro Uehara

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Default Koichiro Uehara

One of my favs for sure. I got really into japanese skaters and their mentality after buying videos like Lenz, Lenz II and Dialouge Between Insiders.

I read a interview somewhere and they discussed how a lot of japanese skaters' "run and gun"-style came about. Basically their spots are in downtown for the most part and they get kicked out superfast (less chance to get kicked out if they stealth it at night, but still a good chance). So their mentality is basically to run in, get a trick and then leave before guards or cops get them, and no generators or huge lights because they don't wanna stand out so much so people see them easily. It's not like they go back to spots for weeks just to get one certain trick and I kind of like that, I like discovering new spots and searching instead of going to one and the same spot or just be lazy and go to the skatepark. And I enjoy these guys' style a lot more, it's more about how they use the spots instead of focusing on the difficulty of their tricks.

But trust me, Koichiro does some crazy shit.
    Last edited by Granka; 07-31-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy Poncho Lord's Avatar
    PSN
    trompo54

the man!

also, that run and gun style is also what dudes out here on the east coast do. we hardly ever mob out at spots or go back multiple days in a row
    STREET
    BEERZ

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho Lord View Post
    the man!

also, that run and gun style is also what dudes out here on the east coast do. we hardly ever mob out at spots or go back multiple days in a row
    Yeah, I've noticed that. I dig it. It's really visible with guys like Puleo and those kind of dudes.

Steam
    skategunner
    PSN
    freeZeskates
    XBL
    XfreeZe

I watched this a countless amount of times and it is just as entertaining everytime
    so good
    Cleanery Bud!

Thanks for the sick share, Granka

I've been thinking of getting into the Japanese skateboarding scene too, especially after my trip there, got some recommendations you can shoot to me?