Thread: Rob Dyrdek is for Skate 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ahhh, word.

Edit: I should've paid more attention to the phrasing and capitalizations. I'd like to see more street spots than parks tho, personally
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 08-14-2014 at 09:57 AM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I just hope the next skating game is a bit like Thrasher. balancing grinds, catching tricks. I want to have to balance manuals too, and just have a skating game where it's actually harder to go big and pop higher ect

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    Ahhh, word.

I'd like to see more street spots than parks tho, personally
    Oh for sure. I'd fully expect all of these private parks and contests to center around a simulated skate town similar to skate. I'd love to see an actual recreation of some of the spots that no longer exist as well Carlsbad, Hubbah Hideout, and other legendary spots that have been "redesigned" to avoid skating. Don't sell CSP short either. I live near the Kennesaw park and it's a recreation of a contest park they did plus a full on mega bowl area.

http://skatekennesaw.com/park-tour/

Sure some of the advertising is lame and what not...but the park is legit. A skateboarding "sim" set in a city/cities populated with these recreations, select pro private parks (Berrics, Nyjah's, P-rods, Van Doren International, etc...), past Street League events, and upcoming SL events isn't a half bad sell to be honest. I can feel the money leaving my pocket already

http://californiaskateparks.com/skat...ion-portfolio/
    44 parks they have listed...good god. I actually never knew they did they backyard pool for Lance Mountain and the Hawkman.

I just lost a long reply to this. Ill just say I dont like too many parks. Same stuff, different layout. They bore me for the most part. I want a city to be a city, not a bunch of easily identifiable prebuilt skate spots. Skate annoyed me with overabundance of skateable stuff and ramps everywhere.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I agree EB. I'd much rather have an authentic GTA like city. A variety of parks would be nice too but it's just not as important to me as an authentic city that's not built for skating.

Lol, nobody thinks Albert is gonna have anything to do with anything. I don't even think another Skate. Is gonna come out (I have no faith in EA doing anything that cool, and if they did release it I don't think much of the game we love would even be there)...but another skating game WILL come out.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    I agree EB. I'd much rather have an authentic GTA like city. A variety of parks would be nice too but it's just not as important to me as an authentic city that's not built for skating.
    rockstar should allow black box like devs to make add-ons or plug-ins for the gta world

PSN
    SolidMojo

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    rockstar should allow black box like devs to make add-ons or plug-ins for the gta world
    Urgh, I wish you could say that to the Houser brothers over a drink or something.
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

Rockstar made Thrasher. I still don't know why they didn't do it them damn selves

Edit: they published Thrasher...idk if that counts as their roster or not
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 08-16-2014 at 09:42 AM.