Thread: my music taste.

Stopped Pushing Mongo
    Steam
    shakejunt_homie
    PSN
    shakejunt_homie

Default my music taste.

I listen to alot of metal and core music i love deathcore and it just something i will never get over i skateboard to indie music but i love deathcore its good as hell to me and i love moshing and i love thrash metal.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

This sort of metal I've never really gotten into, I laugh mostly when I listen to it. I have a tough time appreciating those high pitch-screams and that sort of growling. Metalcore, deathcore, whatever it likes to be called, never been a fan, haha.

I really got into black metal two or three years ago. I like the darkness in it a lot, it sort of helps me ventilate all my dark thoughts. I just like the whole backstory of how the scandinavian black metal-scene came about.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Oh my lord the lyrics to the first song are cringeworthy. Talk about using big words for the sake of using big words.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Oh my lord the lyrics to the first song are cringeworthy. Talk about using big words for the sake of using big words.
    yeah lol exactly my thoughts.. but hey, to each their own.

listen to mathcore instead!

PSN
    SolidMojo

I dont think youre looking for our opinion on the matter but I really cant stand 2000+ metal. To me it sounds so overproduced and commercial lacking some grit, especially with a fancy video to go with it.

I'm sure Acranias biggest influence is Carcass, from the "medical" name to big word lyrics.

Here you go, released '91.

Edit: Sk8eratWAR thats kind of what I picture when I heard the song by OP, some guys/girls, token black clothing, slap on some tattoo's, some "heavy" guitars and add vocals. Its too clean and commercial.

I'd like to watch them die in the pit..."that guy pushed me, im going to the back so i can watch" lol
    Last edited by SolidMojo; 08-16-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

someone said mathcore?

and though i'm not a fan of much metal in general there's a couple bands and albums i've really enjoyed post-2000, namely baroness' "yellow" and deafheaven's "sunbather," even if those are pretty much the two go-to albums everyone cites for metal post 2010.

edit: now that i think of it i'm quite a fan of mastodon and sludge in general even if i never really listen to it at all. i def. need to listen to it more.

PSN
    SolidMojo

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    but hey, to each their own.
    Forgot this
    Last edited by SolidMojo; 08-16-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    The taste of metal, Disintegrator.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidMojo View Post

Edit: Sk8eratWAR thats kind of what I picture when I heard the song by OP, some guys/girls, token black clothing, slap on some tattoo's, some "heavy" guitars and add vocals. Its too clean and commercial.

I'd like to watch them die in the pit..."that guy pushed me, im going to the back so i can watch" lol
    You do get that the clip is obviously acted and stylized to look like that right? those guys are everything but black clothing, tattoo's and "heavy" guitars. And commercial? what?? yes, a lot of new metalbands are very commercial, but protest the hero is everything but that!

and to snail: I too like one album of mastodon, the one that has psychedelic influences.

Sheesh I spent my late teens at deathcore shows and playing with deathcore bands. The Lyrics in OP's post were an eye sore (Some of my friends are friends with the guest vocals from Lorna Shore) too many things to read. To each their own. I love metal and all it's sub genre's but I can't skate to anything that isn't hip hop. The rhythm and repetition helps me zone out. ANYWHO I love me some Misery Signals this is my favorite type of metal.

PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue