Thread: The Ferguson MO situation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Ferguson MO situation

I don't really share my LiveLeak videos publicly so please respect that if you are friends with me on Facebook.
    But anyway I made this today and thought I'd share for anyone interested.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=054_1...nts=1#comments
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

props for being out..

unfortunate things happen like this, way to often.
    Last edited by saunders420; 08-18-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

glad to see someone reporting on this without taking sides. sucks things like this have to happen. sucks people have to react like they do.
    SHOOT TO TICKLE!!

i appriciate your voice and thanks for speaking out like this. you seem wonderfully honest and i fully respect you and your opinions.

however, i dont really agree with your analysis or view. as bad as the looting and bad behaviour of some of the protesters is, the main problem is why it happens. the militarization of the police and the numerous killings and general lack of respect given from the force is. that, combined with general low education and low income desperate and irrational choises gets made, equals the mess we are seeing. solving such social conundrums takes a long time, and a collective effort from the whole society to change it ways to focus differently. unfortunately, such efforts are currently being shut down hard, with emotions going off the charts every way.

but open minded people like you matter. rational thoughts, honest speach and discussion are key.

sidenote, your also the slowest smoker ive seen

@bohemian Blaming the police for using better tools and tactics than they have in the past is not a reason to lash out and loot. This is a civil society. The moment people start trying to take the law into their own hands is when we stop being a civil society. There are courses of action if a police officer or any other authoritative figure abuses their power...rioting and looting is not one of them. This is the same crap liberals pull when they think it's ok to vandaliza the home of an oil company CEO. It's a childish thought process and should be stopped with force if the offenders don't, or refuse to, understand words.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    @bohemian Blaming the police for using better tools and tactics than they have in the past is not a reason to lash out and loot. This is a civil society. The moment people start trying to take the law into their own hands is when we stop being a civil society. There are courses of action if a police officer or any other authoritative figure abuses their power...rioting and looting is not one of them. This is the same crap liberals pull when they think it's ok to vandaliza the home of an oil company CEO. It's a childish thought process and should be stopped with force if the offenders don't, or refuse to, understand words.
    I can't really disagree with this. Utopia this is not
    Helen Adams Keller

ha yeah I only do it to keep my hands from fidgeting.

"collective effort from the whole society to change"
    That's kind of how I ended it and I do agree with you. I also agree with you that the militarization of the police is a problem, or more so this misuse of those weapons. They admittedly are not properly trained with these weapons.
    If you dig even further you would see the reason for militarizing the Police is that we would first need to regulate our out of control gun problem and gun lobbyist. The police need guns to control the public that is heavily armed with weapons that for the most part go unchecked in anyway. I am not for taking away guns, but if we had the same regulations that we have for motor vehicle registration then NO GUNS would ever be not accounted for. You would be shocked at the tens of 1000's of guns that go unchecked every year straight from the factory. Where do you think all of these illegal guns come from? They aren't stolen, only a small % are stolen and that number is inflated by illegal sales covering their tracks. Many are sold at unregulated gun shows paraded around the US from convention centers. All gun tracking is done by paper only because there is a law keeping a database of any kind on firearms.
    So...... The NRA wants to keep these hidden sales flowing to the inner city thugs causing the right wing republicans to buy up more guns. This enables the NRA to spend millions if not billions to control and influence the politicians that they keep in their pocket. Who is a politician going to REALLY look out for: An organization that gives them millions for their campaign or Joe Public that whips out a $10 bill?
    The fear of the government knowing where every gun is and somehow confiscating all of these weapons in a huge round up of some sort is just foolish in my opinion. With social media and instant communication fueled by a heavily armed public would make it a physical impossibility for any kind of government takeover.
    Once again all evil comes from campaign financing.

I know some of you have a difference of opinion especially on my gun beliefs. It is OK to disagree and I hope nobody judges me for my difference of opinion because I certainly wont you.
    Helen Adams Keller