Thread: The skate for Zack thread..

Steam
    Monkadelic

Default The skate for Zack thread..

hey everyone.. Im not here anymore but we have all came in contact at one time or another with our friend Zodas.. he has been in treatment for leukemia for a whie and I think all of us so do something nice for him like a collab or ice bucket or something... hes all our friend from one time or another and deserves that much. I will refer all post to his FB page but if we can just put together some collab old school that would be nice as well if someone is willing to man up and edit.... PM me for details

edit. took the pic off
    Last edited by Monk; 08-27-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Seeing the Light
    Steam
    joemartian

Damn, that is really hard to hear.. Cancer is no joke, He will be definitely be in my prayers..

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

that really sucks. best wishes to zodas. i think its safe to say we are all pulling for him

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    that really sucks. best wishes to zodas. i think its safe to say we are all pulling for him
    right! be strong brother

hopefully Monk gets "here" so he can pass the info "there" or something
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Sad to hear that for sure
    All the best to the man

Steam
    Monkadelic

copied from his facebook page:

In a brief moment of mental and physical clarity I need to take advantage of it and finally update people on the news of this last week.

On August 4 I had a standard procedure to have a cyst removed from my neck...no big deal. Things were fairly normal for the next 48 hours post-op but approaching the evening of the 6th my health rapidly declined. My temp shot up to 102*, my entire body broke out in unprovoked small bruises, and I was so weak I couldn't move an inch.

With the help of my loving family we did what we thought best and returned to the dermatologist fearing a severe infection. The meeting lasted less than a minute as all he said was..."GO TO THE ER NOW!!!"

...we did.

After a brief exam of vitals and blood tests they weren't immediately able to diagnose but they could tell the obvious...

...I have Leukemia.

My astronomical white blood cell count had already destroyed my immune system by poisoning my blood and the minor cyst removal just released the flood gates of disaster.

I was immediately transferred to the James at OSU where diagnosis was immediate (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) and an immediate war for stabilization was waged. I'd give you the details but you don't want to hear them as I do not want to remember them. It's just ugly. It's taken me 6 days to mentally and physically type this post.

Anyway...I'm exhausted from typing this and in conclusion I'm on Chemo and will be living at the James for possibly the next 2 months. If you want to send cards or whatever I'm in room 1055 of the James Cancer Hospital at OSU.

This isn't a personal visit invitation though...I'm teetering on stability and mentally and physically I'm still a potential mess. Things can get pretty gross and having random people see me like this is of benefit to no one at this moment. Maybe later but not now.

I'll update periodically to keep my brain busy so check in if you want from time to time. Thanks for reading and I'm glad to get this off my chest.

....now it's time to get everything else out of my bloodstream.

- Zack

Fuck that's tough

I know it's Ez for me to say but...
    You got to stay strong. The mind is more powerful than any medicine.
    Helen Adams Keller

Steam
    Monkadelic

I think seeing his dog again helped out alot... and dont worry SG... Im all over this.. Im gonna stay at least until we can get something together to send him. Ill be checking back in this thread frequently with updates and Ive already sent love to him from everyone here at Fluckit.. He hasnt responded yet but Im sure it will mean a ton to him.

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

I don't even know the dude but I've had family go thru chemo and it's nooooooo joke. I'll gladly contribute a couple of clips from my ever growing collection of unfinished projects.

Chemo is the devil
    It basically just wants to kill everything of you. And hopefully all the bad dies before your sole.
    Helen Adams Keller

Crazy.. this on top of my own terror.

Wish him well mate, also tell him Rick Simpson is someone he might want to talk with.

Tell him keep his chin up, some fine Nurse might bend over in front of him

Ill get some clips..
    Last edited by DaaGooN; 08-27-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Seeing the Light
    Steam
    joemartian

Never forget..

Shred on for ZoDaS

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by DaaGooN View Post
    Crazy.. this on top of my own terror.

Wish him well mate, also tell him Rick Simpson is someone he might want to talk with.

Tell him keep his chin up, some fine Nurse might bend over in front of him

Ill get some clips..
    such a shame, wow

Cancer is the worst EVER, so debilitating
    Rick Simpson is a good guy, but hell anyone can make CBD Oil's

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    such a shame, wow

Cancer is the worst EVER, so debilitating
    Rick Simpson is a good guy, but hell anyone can make CBD Oil's
    Yea i already have it. dad takes it twice a day.. But for some people who don't know, rick is a good starting point, heck even that doc by CNN of all people "WEED" was ok.

nothing is 100%.. but as you know Big Pharma ain't in the business of CURES!
    they keep you strung along and charge you $$$$ for pills that just make you worst.
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Steam
    Monkadelic

update from zacks page with some good news..

Sorry for the lack of updates in a time where people are really looking for "new" news...seriously the outpouring of love and concern has been staggering to the point where I haven't cried this much since the '70s (do the math)...but since I have a moment...here we go.

If you don't know the ins and outs of Leukemia chemotherapy it is of the most aggressive chemo procedures as my cancer is flowing throughout my entire body and I have no immune system because of it. The first round was a continuous 24/7 full week of chemo with an additional 3 days where I got a secondary bag on top of that.

I got more hours of chemo than there are hours in an actual week to put it simply.

This is why I wanted no visitors. People who wanted to visit just had no idea how ugly this beast is. There is no talking as my tongue and throat swelled to catastrophic proportion as eating and drinking was impossible for nearly 3 weeks and I lost 25 pounds over all. My hemoglobin levels dropped to the point where there was no coherency or reality and I lost touch with with my own speech or ability to even know who I am, where I am at, or who the other people in the room even were...it felt like psychosis. Add on top of that the vomiting and nausea and numerous bodily maladies that I lost complete control over, and which need no explanation, just turned me into an infantile animal...an animal...that had also lost all of his hair as well.

...and I just wasn't letting people see me like that...sorry if there were any hard feelings over the lack of info or reunions but something's just weren't possible in this chaotic mess.

...anyway...that's the past.

Nearly entering my 3rd week in the hospital and as that hellish session of chemotherapy ended just about a week ago I received a second bone marrow biopsy to reveal whether or not that experience paid off...

...it did...in full.

I have no Leukemia cells in my body...none...not a single one.

I have never cried so hard in my life. The uncertainty of what was going on in my body and how many days, weeks, or months it would take to kill the Leukemia or for it to kill me was unbearable...and this news broke all that fear.

I have no cause for uncertainty now...I have no immune system currently as my WBCs are at a quantity of 0 but that's to be expected as it is now my bodies job (and the doctors) to rebuild itself without the interference of cancerous Leukemia cells.

This is such great news that the first round of chemo was so effective. I might have to do some minor sessions in the future just to make sure the cancer is gone completely, but the major war has been won...the rest of the battle is just cleaning up the field.

I could not have done this without my family, friends, and well wishes from people whom I've never met but cared enough to say "get better soon"...it just wouldn't have happened. The support I received far exceeded my ability to drag my world down around me as I'm generally known to do.

Thank you so much...I can't say that enough...and please keep me in your thoughts as I could be in here for another couple weeks as my immune system becomes human again.

...but with the uncertainty of mortality off of my shoulders this is just a waiting period to starting a new, healthier life that I appreciate it and the people around me more.

I took life for granted...I do not anymore.

-Z

XBL
    emericaridr11

wow awesome

XBL
    ILL NODERUS

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    update from zacks page with some good news..

Sorry for the lack of updates in a time where people are really looking for "new" news...seriously the outpouring of love and concern has been staggering to the point where I haven't cried this much since the '70s (do the math)...but since I have a moment...here we go.

If you don't know the ins and outs of Leukemia chemotherapy it is of the most aggressive chemo procedures as my cancer is flowing throughout my entire body and I have no immune system because of it. The first round was a continuous 24/7 full week of chemo with an additional 3 days where I got a secondary bag on top of that.

I got more hours of chemo than there are hours in an actual week to put it simply.

This is why I wanted no visitors. People who wanted to visit just had no idea how ugly this beast is. There is no talking as my tongue and throat swelled to catastrophic proportion as eating and drinking was impossible for nearly 3 weeks and I lost 25 pounds over all. My hemoglobin levels dropped to the point where there was no coherency or reality and I lost touch with with my own speech or ability to even know who I am, where I am at, or who the other people in the room even were...it felt like psychosis. Add on top of that the vomiting and nausea and numerous bodily maladies that I lost complete control over, and which need no explanation, just turned me into an infantile animal...an animal...that had also lost all of his hair as well.

...and I just wasn't letting people see me like that...sorry if there were any hard feelings over the lack of info or reunions but something's just weren't possible in this chaotic mess.

...anyway...that's the past.

Nearly entering my 3rd week in the hospital and as that hellish session of chemotherapy ended just about a week ago I received a second bone marrow biopsy to reveal whether or not that experience paid off...

...it did...in full.

I have no Leukemia cells in my body...none...not a single one.

I have never cried so hard in my life. The uncertainty of what was going on in my body and how many days, weeks, or months it would take to kill the Leukemia or for it to kill me was unbearable...and this news broke all that fear.

I have no cause for uncertainty now...I have no immune system currently as my WBCs are at a quantity of 0 but that's to be expected as it is now my bodies job (and the doctors) to rebuild itself without the interference of cancerous Leukemia cells.

This is such great news that the first round of chemo was so effective. I might have to do some minor sessions in the future just to make sure the cancer is gone completely, but the major war has been won...the rest of the battle is just cleaning up the field.

I could not have done this without my family, friends, and well wishes from people whom I've never met but cared enough to say "get better soon"...it just wouldn't have happened. The support I received far exceeded my ability to drag my world down around me as I'm generally known to do.

Thank you so much...I can't say that enough...and please keep me in your thoughts as I could be in here for another couple weeks as my immune system becomes human again.

...but with the uncertainty of mortality off of my shoulders this is just a waiting period to starting a new, healthier life that I appreciate it and the people around me more.

I took life for granted...I do not anymore.

-Z
    Amazing and wonderful to hear! Genuinely and empathetically joyful for you. Bring it on home.

Never knew the guy but I'm glad to hear all is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztard View Post
    Keep Rolling...I am.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

wasn't he in the army? i guess i did some excel-nerdiness for him via email, tell him hi. and thank god for the good news
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

that update was truly inspiring