Thread: The skate for Zack thread..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steam
    Monkadelic

Default The skate for Zack thread..

hey everyone.. Im not here anymore but we have all came in contact at one time or another with our friend Zodas.. he has been in treatment for leukemia for a whie and I think all of us so do something nice for him like a collab or ice bucket or something... hes all our friend from one time or another and deserves that much. I will refer all post to his FB page but if we can just put together some collab old school that would be nice as well if someone is willing to man up and edit.... PM me for details

edit. took the pic off
    Last edited by Monk; 08-27-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Seeing the Light
    Steam
    joemartian

Damn, that is really hard to hear.. Cancer is no joke, He will be definitely be in my prayers..

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

that really sucks. best wishes to zodas. i think its safe to say we are all pulling for him

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    that really sucks. best wishes to zodas. i think its safe to say we are all pulling for him
    right! be strong brother

hopefully Monk gets "here" so he can pass the info "there" or something
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Sad to hear that for sure
    All the best to the man

Steam
    Monkadelic

copied from his facebook page:

In a brief moment of mental and physical clarity I need to take advantage of it and finally update people on the news of this last week.

On August 4 I had a standard procedure to have a cyst removed from my neck...no big deal. Things were fairly normal for the next 48 hours post-op but approaching the evening of the 6th my health rapidly declined. My temp shot up to 102*, my entire body broke out in unprovoked small bruises, and I was so weak I couldn't move an inch.

With the help of my loving family we did what we thought best and returned to the dermatologist fearing a severe infection. The meeting lasted less than a minute as all he said was..."GO TO THE ER NOW!!!"

...we did.

After a brief exam of vitals and blood tests they weren't immediately able to diagnose but they could tell the obvious...

...I have Leukemia.

My astronomical white blood cell count had already destroyed my immune system by poisoning my blood and the minor cyst removal just released the flood gates of disaster.

I was immediately transferred to the James at OSU where diagnosis was immediate (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) and an immediate war for stabilization was waged. I'd give you the details but you don't want to hear them as I do not want to remember them. It's just ugly. It's taken me 6 days to mentally and physically type this post.

Anyway...I'm exhausted from typing this and in conclusion I'm on Chemo and will be living at the James for possibly the next 2 months. If you want to send cards or whatever I'm in room 1055 of the James Cancer Hospital at OSU.

This isn't a personal visit invitation though...I'm teetering on stability and mentally and physically I'm still a potential mess. Things can get pretty gross and having random people see me like this is of benefit to no one at this moment. Maybe later but not now.

I'll update periodically to keep my brain busy so check in if you want from time to time. Thanks for reading and I'm glad to get this off my chest.

....now it's time to get everything else out of my bloodstream.

- Zack

Fuck that's tough

I know it's Ez for me to say but...
    You got to stay strong. The mind is more powerful than any medicine.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller